Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember: Surviving Canadian Winters

[DE]Grineeer

uhmm, would these take into effect, or are they cancelled? its been 4 months...

Those are already in the game. Have been for quite a while now. But it looks like DE said "There, we fixed it" and went on to something different - without checking back if further tweeks are needed. As usual ...

Edited by Bibliothekar

I'm happy with the new fire blast, but WoF is annoying, only time the toggle is ever used is when I run out of energy mid duration....so since the bad parts of this WoF tweak outweigh the good parts, it can technically be classified as a nerf...our worst scaling frame got nerfed...Anyway, I have a solution to ember as a whole, her recent changes have made her viable to be turned into a cqc frame, the only changes we need are faster casting animations and allow them to be casted while moving. another thing that would help her would be to make firequake default (she kinda needs it) and remove/extend the duration on WoF, but I wouldn't mind if it stayed the same.

Oh, yeah, the expanding wall on fire blast doesn't always hit enemies, some enemies phase through it, seemingly just cause they felt like it.not sure why, though, I guess it could be the LoS detector, but that seems to be fine on mesa's ult. Yes, I know you need LoS with it, I'm talking about when and enemy is on the same flat surface as you, and the wave just doesn't hit it, despite having no cover, and the wave travelling on to hit targets behind it. this inconsistency is quite annoying.

Despite recent adjuctments Ember still weak choice for any mid tier non-infested mission because fire element overall is scale badly versus both greneer and corpus. 

I think the key way to make Ember a viable character is either give Fire Element +20% damage buff versus Ferrite armor units (Metal is still heatable) or giving Ember a passive abilities similar to Mesa:

1) Primal Heat: If Fire (Or Fire+Another Element) based weapon equiped (Ignis,Heat Sword/Dagger etc) + 15% outcoming damage to all source (15m to other partry members), -5 energy to all abilities (Flat, Ember only)

2) Fire Frenzy: Killing an enemy with Fire element weapon or ability give 5 energy regain for 10 seconds (5 energy/sec) with a 10% proc chance, can have up to 3 stacks of this passive at time

3) Blaze:Killing an enemy with Fire or ability have 35% chance to set Ember on fire dealing 15 damage every second for 10 seconds, but increasing movement speed by 40% and blinding enemies in 10m radius for 1 sec every second tick of damage from this ability. 5 seconds CD.

Edited by Miocast

Despite recent adjuctments Ember still weak choice for any mid tier non-infested mission because fire element overall is scale badly versus both greneer and corpus.

Heat damage is fine and Ember actually overkills Corpus until late levels, Techs and all.  Armor scaling is the only thing screwing over damage abilities, and Ember actually does pretty well despite that.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ember is still not as playable as she should be.

1. Heat resistant passive is required
2. Does her accellerant stun like the description says? Maybe just make it like a blast/impact status effect?
3. World on Fire needs to be changed to a format similar to Banshee, Mesa, and Chroma's 4th powers.

For all those wondering, Ember is currently the most effective buffer with her augment and accellerant combination.

Edited by Enemy1

• 3 weeks later...

Ember is still not as playable as she should be.

1. Heat resistant passive is required

2. Does her accellerant stun like the description says? Maybe just make it like a blast/impact status effect?

3. World on Fire needs to be changed to a format similar to Banshee, Mesa, and Chroma's 4th powers.

For all those wondering, Ember is currently the most effective buffer with her augment and accellerant combination.

Heat resistance would be nice but I can see how that can be a balance issue. Maybe heat resistance can affect her shields only but not her health. Or hell, she could absorb heat damage for energy. 

Accelerant forces enemies to do an animation and they are locked while doing it. Stuns better than blast/impact status.

World on Fire does need its duration removed. It's too costly having to recast all the time, and with the energy drain over time on ontop of that makes the skill feel very lacking.

It would be cool if Fireblast could push away the infested bees. 

Edited by DesuEx