Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember: Surviving Canadian Winters

[DE]Grineeer

all those buffs sound nice, though the armor one seems kinda random, i'd instead increase her base health while keeping her armor lowish/average, and wouldn't buff the stamina so much, kinda like this:

-health increased to 125

-armor increased to 65 (higher for ember prime)

-stamina increased to 125

-speed, increased however much you intent to increase it.

on the abilities side, while those both sound pretty good i think accelerant needs a tweak too, and both fire blast and WoF could use a bit more buffing, i'd personally do this:

Accelerant: in addition to what it already does, affected enemies are dealt 20%/30%/40%/50% of all non-fire dmg as extra fire dmg and have a 15%/20%/25%/30% chance of getting a fire proc (with panic) whenever they are dmged (fire proc DoT based on total fire dmg dealt on hit)

both dmg and proc chance affected by power strenght. fire proc chance independant of weapon/ability proc chance.

Fire blast: in addition to the changes already being made, make it so the fire ring's radius is affected by power range, and both ember and her allies get a +50% fire dmg buff while inside the fire ring (unaffected by power strenght). i also hope the "wall of fire" effect being added includes both 100% status chance and the knockdown/knockback/ragdoll the eximus version has 'cus otherwise it'd just be a slower version of the current on-cast dmg AoE.

World on Fire: in addition to the changes already being made, make it so the dmg is dealt in an AoE (about the same size as the one on fireball, but all 400 dmg would be on the AoE),  and add 30% fire proc(with panic) chance to all dmg done, also, make it so any enemy that gets within a 3 meter radius of ember gets hit by a smaller single-target explosion that deals 150dmg, but has 100% fire proc chance(with panic)

Edited by phazefox

So, Ember. Ember is one of our oldest Warframes and her abilities and stats are often a 'hot' discussion item. Her model, powers, stats have received changes in the past, and we find ourselves back again taking a look at what we can tweak.

Here are some coming changes to Ember that you'll be able to try out soon, we're hoping to have these shipped in a week or two on PC:

Statistic Changes:

-          Base Stamina increased to 150.

-          Base armour increased to 100 (125 for Ember Prime)

-          Movement Speed increase.

Ability Changes:

-          Fire Blast has had a mechanic added. In addition to placing a ring of fire on casting location, it -will now also generate a growing wall of fire (like the Arson Eximus ability).

-          World On Fire is now a toggle ability with a 50 Energy cost on cast. It will drain energy over time as well as consider your power duration (affected by mods).

-          World on Fire has had its casting time reduced.

As usual... this is all subject to change, this is just a quick look at what the plans are.

These are good changes that will make Ember better. It will also be nice if Ember Prime can get additional polarized slots like the other prime Warframes. As it is right now, Ember Prime looks like the weakest prime Warframe in terms of customization.

She would still be S#&$ tier mate , better but still bad .

Oh and i really enjoyed those gifs , they made me laugh way more than i should have . nice ones.

oh I'm sorry that you can't one shot a max vital and redirection rhino with ironskin on him with a fireball :D I can. so yeah these buffs will make my emberP godly. good luck with yours! 

PS. Everyone mods and forma's differently. Don't assume everyone has the same judgment as you. Every frame has their nich. You just have to find it. I have with ember.

Her armor is 15. Armor cushions damage dealt to your health. the fact that they're adding so much armor to ember is pretty godly. add steel fiber and your defense (coupled with the new speed stat and stamina buffs [which in case you don't know they made it to where the faster you are the less accurate your enemy's hits even when you jump, copter and flip]) will add to her much needed survivability. with a max steel fiber that's 265 if my math is right on ember prime. yeah. big jump.

So she really never was S#&$ tier (at least not on my end >D) and now that they're buffing her she'll be on the front lines again. Or at least the ember fandom's.

as for the compliment on gifs. thank you xD I always aim to please

Edited by prideofshadows

Nerf all the cheese and suddenly she wouldn't be bad?  She isn't bad now; the cheese just invalidates other options for infinite content "endgame."

Well , yeah it is just a matter of perspective . 

Singularly( i don't know if this word is correct) she isn't that bad 

But if you take other frames into context and most of them are a better option she is bad .

About cheese i get your point , there is way too much cheese not to count the glitches (things like the gravity glitches that have been there since forever)

In fact ,my main concern about her is she does scale and need way too much  stats in order to be effective . So your build becomes a jack of all trades . A little more in everything , excel in none. If we could focus on 3 stats she would be really good Because of the wider "good build pool"it would bring to the table. I don't really want/need her abilities to change , maybe some tweaks(like mp cost initial duration or obviously scaling factors) but nothing more.

However ,  what i enjoyed the most about ember was the learning curve , at first you're a total(in "endgame" content at least) shiet then you eventually become good. Ember is diffinitely for advanced players (since you need a pretty good global understanding of the game mechanics & positionning) and i want that to stay the same , but she has to be more rewarding toward that aspect . Because right now being good at Ember means being okay'ish on other frames.

oh I'm sorry that you can't one shot a max vital and redirection rhino with ironskin on him with a fireball :D I can. so yeah these buffs will make my emberP godly. good luck with yours! 

PS. Everyone mods and forma's differently. Don't assume everyone has the same judgment as you. Every frame has their nich. You just have to find it. I have with ember.

I'll catch you on these words .  First you're talking about pvp . I'll be honest i've done not so much pvp in this game , but the little i have done , i have absolutely crushed  people around  one shotting everyone with a redeemer (lol) and went something like  40 and 1 or 40 and 2 i don't remember that well . You get my point , i wont have a fair judgement (nor it have real value) since at least in my opinion pvp in this game is a joke .

Another thing maybe we do not talk about the same content , if you talk about pvp , arguments wont be the same as PvE ones . or mid tier pve against end tier pve ones .

I know what armor does , and while it will matter in mid tier / low end tier content  it wont when the game is at it's hardest .

About your PS you're deffinitely right about this , some ppl do straight bad build , and some people do wacky builds that fits their playstyle i'm perfectly fine with that.

And i don't assume everyone has the same judgement as me , otherwise i wouldn't even be answering to you or anyone else in first place.

I'm a perfectionnist and i want optimal builds i know this doesn't suit everyone.

Edited by Xtenz

I'll catch you on these words .  First you're talking about pvp . I'll be honest i've done not so much pvp in this game , but the little i have done , i have absolutely crushed  people around  one shotting everyone with a redeemer (lol) and went something like  40 and 1 or 40 and 2 i don't remember that well . You get my point , i wont have a fair judgement (nor it have real value) since at least in my opinion pvp in this game is a joke .

Another thing maybe we do not talk about the same content , if you talk about pvp , arguments wont be the same as PvE ones . or mid tier pve against end tier pve ones .

I know what armor does , and while it will matter in mid tier / low end tier content  it wont when the game is at it's hardest .

About your PS you're deffinitely right about this , some ppl do straight bad build , and some people do wacky builds that fits their playstyle i'm perfectly fine with that.

And i don't assume everyone has the same judgement as me , otherwise i wouldn't even be answering to you or anyone else in first place.

I'm a perfectionnist and i want optimal builds i know this doesn't suit everyone.

That's just it. I don't ever do pvp. I PvE and STILL don't have a problem with damage output. Survivability i have a problem with which I stated would be helped with the armor, stamina and movement speed increase. I only use a friend's rhino to test various things with and he does the same with mine. 

PvP in dark secors isn't really that hard considering everyone is weak to begin with anyway. and in pve I can utterly rape a T4 heavy at 40 minutes. again it's the survivability in which I will refer to my post a second time. the new accuracy mechanics they implemented into the enemy weapons vs the faster ember with more armor will cushion blows that do hit and also lower enemy accuracy when she moves/sprints/etc. so when it comes down to it her survivability rate will be greater granted a competent player is playing her.

Well , yeah it is just a matter of perspective . 

Singularly( i don't know if this word is correct) she isn't that bad 

But if you take other frames into context and most of them are a better option she is bad .

About cheese i get your point , there is way too much cheese not to count the glitches (things like the gravity glitches that have been there since forever)

In fact ,my main concern about her is she does scale and need way too much  stats in order to be effective . So your build becomes a jack of all trades . A little more in everything , excel in none. If we could focus on 3 stats she would be really good Because of the wider "good build pool"it would bring to the table. I don't really want/need her abilities to change , maybe some tweaks(like mp cost initial duration or obviously scaling factors) but nothing more.

However ,  what i enjoyed the most about ember was the learning curve , at first you're a total(in "endgame" content at least) shiet then you eventually become good. Ember is diffinitely for advanced players (since you need a pretty good global understanding of the game mechanics & positionning) and i want that to stay the same , but she has to be more rewarding toward that aspect . Because right now being good at Ember means being okay'ish on other frames.

My hope is that with the WoF change Ember will be free of the duration shackle that currently afflicts her and will have greater modding freedom.  The little bit about duration affecting the toggle is probably to accommodate those players who want to build mainly around WoF, allowing them to leave it on for prolonged periods at the cost of using more duration mods (my guess is that extra duration will lower the energy cost per second.)  

That's just it. I don't ever do pvp. I PvE and STILL don't have a problem with damage output. Survivability i have a problem with which I stated would be helped with the armor, stamina and movement speed increase. I only use a friend's rhino to test various things with and he does the same with mine. 

PvP in dark secors isn't really that hard considering everyone is weak to begin with anyway. and in pve I can utterly rape a T4 heavy at 40 minutes. again it's the survivability in which I will refer to my post a second time. the new accuracy mechanics they implemented into the enemy weapons vs the faster ember with more armor will cushion blows that do hit and also lower enemy accuracy when she moves/sprints/etc. so when it comes down to it her survivability rate will be greater granted a competent player is playing her.

I never said she does lack damage mate , in fact i allways say she is fine on this particular point.

My hope is that with the WoF change Ember will be free of the duration shackle that currently afflicts her and will have greater modding freedom.  The little bit about duration affecting the toggle is probably to accommodate those players who want to build mainly around WoF, allowing them to leave it on for prolonged periods at the cost of using more duration mods (my guess is that extra duration will lower the energy cost per second.)  

Well , i totally agree with that statement , that would be the easiest fix ember need . 

And yes this is how i interpreted the duration thingy too , still i think it is really bad for the reason you just said . (it is her core problem imo)

Why not making Accelerant a toggle ability btw? Like Banshee Silence.

World on Fire was already a good skill, following us around the map for a set amount of time (like a toggle)...

Accelerant needs a toggle so that it SINERGIZE with World on Fire instead of requiring us to break our pace to cast it every few steps

World on Fire was already a good skill, following us around the map for a set amount of time (like a toggle)...

Accelerant needs a toggle so that it SINERGIZE with World on Fire instead of requiring us to break our pace to cast it every few steps

Accelerant stuns though. It would be kinda op for it to continuously stun, unless you mean remove the stun for the ability to toggle it and move around while it's on. I think her current accelerant is ok where it's at but maybe allow us to move while casting it? That way it would still synergize with WoF like your suggestion while keeping it balanced.

iunno. reducing WoF cast time and making it toggleable doesnt seem enough,

maybe buff the damage a bit? or how about mixing her ult with her old 2nd skill overheat? not as powerful though but just so she may run around with WoF without getting killed that easily.

and i feel WoF is sometimes inconsistent when theres a lot of enemies in our AoE but they are not exactly clumped together. like some will get it and some wont. perhaps just make WoF i big circular flame pillar around ember so it will guarantee a hit to anyone near the radius.

So, Ember. Ember is one of our oldest Warframes and her abilities and stats are often a 'hot' discussion item. Her model, powers, stats have received changes in the past, and we find ourselves back again taking a look at what we can tweak.

Here are some coming changes to Ember that you'll be able to try out soon, we're hoping to have these shipped in a week or two on PC:

Statistic Changes:

-          Base Stamina increased to 150.

-          Base armour increased to 100 (125 for Ember Prime)

-          Movement Speed increase.

Ability Changes:

-          Fire Blast has had a mechanic added. In addition to placing a ring of fire on casting location, it -will now also generate a growing wall of fire (like the Arson Eximus ability).

-          World On Fire is now a toggle ability with a 50 Energy cost on cast. It will drain energy over time as well as consider your power duration (affected by mods).

-          World on Fire has had its casting time reduced.

As usual... this is all subject to change, this is just a quick look at what the plans are.

Niiice~ cant wait for these!! XD

though, i think it might be fub if DE makes a mini quest 4 recovering embers ability changes... like an ability evolution~~ :P

Her armor is 15. Armor cushions damage dealt to your health. the fact that they're adding so much armor to ember is pretty godly. add steel fiber and your defense (coupled with the new speed stat and stamina buffs [which in case you don't know they made it to where the faster you are the less accurate your enemy's hits even when you jump, copter and flip]) will add to her much needed survivability. with a max steel fiber that's 265 if my math is right on ember prime. yeah. big jump.

So she really never was S#&$ tier (at least not on my end >D) and now that they're buffing her she'll be on the front lines again. Or at least the ember fandom's.

as for the compliment on gifs. thank you xD I always aim to please

Finally, someone else gets it! I can't understand all these people complaining about this great buff to armor 

• Like 1

So for the animation she just runs around constantly throwing confetti in the air with a spare hand?

Changes seem pretty cool. The armor rating seems a bit random, are there any other Warframes with 100 or 125 armor? Still, its a nice buff. Ember will go from taking 95% damage down to little under 75% dmg, thats a nice bit of extra damage mitigation. And Prime Ember goes as low as ~70% dmg. Thats 30% damage mitigated compared to currently only 5% damage mitigated, pretty significant.

The Flame Blast sounds like a lot of fun. But isnt this skill getting a wee bit overstacked? Damage + burn on cast, persisting ring of fire that keeps burning, and now an extending flame wall. Cool, but Flame Blast would probably be more interesting than World on Fire at this point.

Speaking of World on Fire. Will work just like Mirage's Prism? You cast it, it drains energy and has a limited duration?

Hell no, please remove the power duration from World On Fire... This way it's more like a nerf than a buff.

Changes seem pretty cool. The armor rating seems a bit random, are there any other Warframes with 100 or 125 armor? Still, its a nice buff. Ember will go from taking 95% damage down to little under 75% dmg, thats a nice bit of extra damage mitigation. And Prime Ember goes as low as ~70% dmg. Thats 30% damage mitigated compared to currently only 5% damage mitigated, pretty significant.

Concerning armour, Ember Prime is only 25 points less base than Oberon with this buff. Not bad for a caster. And currently, it appears Ember will be the only frame to have armour of values 100/125 as of this change. Whether others might be changed in future remains to be seen, still, it's nice for 'getting in there'. So she won't be as inherently sturdy as the other armoured greats, but, she will be pretty damn sturdy for a close-range 'Caster' frame.

Arguably this change means Ember gets to buck the 'Casters have 15-65 armour' trend quite nicely. 

At any rate, more permanent damage mitigation is nice. Then again, I'm a 'close distance, Accelerant, Swirling Dual Heat Swords' kind of Ember user. I've admittedly already slotted in Steel Fibre...

I saw a very happy Megan....

I like the changes .... I will take out mine, one more time, for a spin with all the new mods and see where it goes.

That being said..... maybe balance Nova!? (it's the only frame present in 100% of the end game missions ....due to that that molecular prime stand still that never ends)

Edited by nekrojiji