[DE]Grineeer

Ember: Surviving Canadian Winters

Those are some lovely buffs and I thank you for them DE, but there might still need to be a tweak for some kind of buff for high level play. I'm speculating that even with improving 4 and 3 with WoF having overall increased duration = increased DPS overall, I'd still need to run around spamming accelerant to get any damage done in higher level play. (Is it only WoF that is weakened by enemy armour? I'm not sure if her other skills are affected by enemy armour.)

Friends who try out Ember also mention that World on Fire, in terms of aesthetic, doesn't feel like a real ultimate ability, as it lacks impact.

Press 4, scary noise rises until we punch the ground, and then we get a few measly explosions of fire that sound weak. Is there any possibility that visuals/sounds of her fourth ability could be looked at?

Once again, thank you for these upcoming changes.

• Upvote 1

I am happy with the fire blast changes and the enhanced mobility is nice but i don't see why ember needs more armor, her role is high damage caster, so i would expect her to be on the squishy side. Also embers current damage output is fine doing wave 30+ defense inst really meant to be part of the games balance, so in a perfect warframe world ember is totally fine in survivability.

also nova is WAY easier to kill and i don't see people complaining about her health/shields

PRAISE THE @(*()$ GRINEER. Yes, my WaiFrame is now usable!!!1!1! I love you DE, these changes are perfect and you have EXACTLY what the community wants in these changes.

Edited by Jeetza

I have one final request to ask for Ember -

Remove the AI change from Fire Blast. One of the main frustrations of the ability is that enemies who notice that they can will simply walk around it. This isn't to say it creates a natural impediment; if they know there's no short way around it, they'll walk through, but because the size of the Blast rings is fixed, such scenarios only occur with either very specific placement or spam-casting. 

This AI change makes the augment nearly worthless. Enemies don't try to wander around Bastille or Vortex while they're active, why Fire Blast?

Edited by Archwizard

Why not shield buff instead of armor buff? Based on the upcoming stat buffs on Ember, she should be moving quickly to avoid getting damaged as much as possible rather than having to tank the damage dealt upon her due to the damage reduction being negligible against mid- high level content. 

World on Fire is still underwhelming compared to Fireball in terms of total damage dealt and utility. Fireball has the same base damage as WoF but capable of dealing causing panic to enemies due to the 100% stat proc. Some utility/damage buff or rework on WoF mechanics are needed, being able to toggle the ability does not have any SLIGHT impact on WoF whatsoever, Unless duration is not needed for the ability to be active just like Banshee's Sound Quake. OR provide some kind of Utility at the end of WoF duration like Mirage's prism which blinds enemies such that players can make use of the Toggability of WoF. Casting speed buff on WoF is really needed just like the problem Trinity user had with  pre-buff Blessing's atrocious casting speed. 

No Accelerant buff? I think Accelerant should have at least get a self buff of fire damage increase to all her weapons. Right now, her Accelerant is limited to only compliment her other abilities as well as provide a stun utility with the exception of Ignis and Silva & Aegis which deals fire damage that are the current weapons that can make full use of the Accelerant's fire buff. Even though there are similar augment ideas for this ability, I still think it should be integrated to Accelerant instead of relying on the Augment mod to do this.  

Edited by Leriel
  • Upvote 1

by toggle- do they mean we can run WoF for as long as we have energy or just that we can stop the ability early?

• Upvote 1

Year of Quality off to a fantastic start. Wonderful!

Im not crying its just the onions in this pizza.

• Upvote 4

So, Ember. Ember is one of our oldest Warframes and her abilities and stats are often a 'hot' discussion item. Her model, powers, stats have received changes in the past, and we find ourselves back again taking a look at what we can tweak.

Here are some coming changes to Ember that you'll be able to try out soon, we're hoping to have these shipped in a week or two on PC:

Statistic Changes:

-          Base Stamina increased to 150.

-          Base armour increased to 100 (125 for Ember Prime)

-          Movement Speed increase.

Ability Changes:

-          Fire Blast has had a mechanic added. In addition to placing a ring of fire on casting location, it -will now also generate a growing wall of fire (like the Arson Eximus ability).

-          World On Fire is now a toggle ability with a 50 Energy cost on cast. It will drain energy over time as well as consider your power duration (affected by mods).

-          World on Fire has had its casting time reduced.

As usual... this is all subject to change, this is just a quick look at what the plans are.

This will almost NOT change any problem ember has .  

WoF on toggle is cool but not neccessary . AND if it is still affected by power duration it is SUPER BAD , i cannot emphasis this enough , IT MUST NOT . 

Having 15 armor  or 100 wont change anything later on , litteraly , it wont change anything but still okay i guess.

The Fireblast thingy looks cool , really cool . Still i need to know the growing speed  , and how it is affected (duration or power or range ) to know if it is good or not .

My main point is , i'm disapointed . Her main problem is that she need too much in everything to be "ok" and you don't have enough mods slots to do it.

She needs power range / power duration/ power strength/power efficiency , all stats matters A LOT in order to be effective . 

Give her more range OR more duration on spells OR lower manacosts so we have room to neglect (at least a little) one statistic . 

Four statistics to upgrade is too much.

The way you made her right now WILL NOT fix her . (unless you remove the scaling on duration on WoF)

I absolutely love Ember and even she is obsolete i have been playing her for 150-200 hours she fits my playstyle and is my favourite warframe  . I think i have a good grasp on how to play her (I really tried to make her good and it just went okay'ish)  so please PLEASE remove the duration Scaling on  toggl'd WoF or anything i said above to make her viable.

If you don't she will stay the same as before.

Edited by Xtenz
  • Upvote 6

-          World On Fire is now a toggle ability with a 50 Energy cost on cast. It will drain energy over time as well as consider your power duration (affected by mods).

I dont got it, so it won't be afected by duration mods? is that it?

With these changes, I might just have to give her another whirl.

Sure hope World On Fire's "duration" is totally energy dependent, that Power Duration affects how long each flame burst lasts so new enemies that wander close get burned/panicked.

While the changes looks promising, we still need to see how it will actually affect and improve Ember. My Ember Prime was 3 forma'd ever since I got it upon 3-4 days of it's release (yes, I'm that old of a WF player) so seeing these buff makes me want to play her again but the main reason why I played her before was she was so tanky due to Overheat which sadly, was removed. I'm really hoping for an augment slot for Warframe as well as WoF augment mod applying the old Overheat damage reduction.

Digging the fire blast change, always wanted a wall of fire. Toggle-able World on Fire is neat, although it still needs some sort of damage buff or range increase to compensate for Ember's low durability.

With these changes, I might just have to give her another whirl.

Sure hope World On Fire's "duration" is totally energy dependent, that Power Duration affects how long each flame burst lasts so new enemies that wander close get burned/panicked.

Ooh, didn't think of that one. I hope it affects the frequency instead, but I would not be upset if it turns out to be this.

• Upvote 1

Will there be any other changes to World On Fire? The ability being toggleable is very nice... But will it scale off all modifiers? Duration, range, efficiency, and damage? If so, how are we expected to mod that to bring it up to the standard that the other frame's ultimates have and keep ANY survivability in higher level content? 

I think the range of WoF should be locked at a certain number(Like 40), or have some of it's mechanics altered so that corrupted mods would actually be usable. 

Please don't under-buff this, then just sweep it under the rug. 

• Upvote 1

Ability Changes:

-          Fire Blast has had a mechanic added. In addition to placing a ring of fire on casting location, it -will now also generate a growing wall of fire (like the Arson Eximus ability).

Looks like if enough people yell about it, DE will add it to the game just because.  This better occur outside the ring so that it doesn't knock enemies hit by the initial cast out of the ring.  Even in the best case this leaves a bad taste in my mouth and is another example of lazy pandering to the mob.

Been with you guys since the start on xbox and this is literally the FIRST time I've felt compelled to get ember prime. These changes are fantastic and I'm prating they make their way to consoles as well. Bravo!

So, Ember. Ember is one of our oldest Warframes and her abilities and stats are often a 'hot' discussion item. Her model, powers, stats have received changes in the past, and we find ourselves back again taking a look at what we can tweak.

Here are some coming changes to Ember that you'll be able to try out soon, we're hoping to have these shipped in a week or two on PC:

Statistic Changes:

-          Base Stamina increased to 150.

-          Base armour increased to 100 (125 for Ember Prime)

-          Movement Speed increase.

Ability Changes:

-          Fire Blast has had a mechanic added. In addition to placing a ring of fire on casting location, it -will now also generate a growing wall of fire (like the Arson Eximus ability).

-          World on Fire has had its casting time reduced.

As usual... this is all subject to change, this is just a quick look at what the plans are.

Hu-wha-hhhnnnnnggg!

Edited by Noamuth