January 16Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

Community Hot Topics  

2,518 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'll save that one is even vote at all and let's put away the best value I deleted a lot.

DE's wrong even if you delete a measure taken only form of coming back to get up and leave a little big rebound adjustment. Everything remains the same.

So too there is no significant change would take so little change or improvement Let's just convenience! Let deleted altogether! If

Unable to adapt to major changes can not help the many complaints coming thing.

Before you think that I also need to change before the change of users.

I will write not in English, an opinion poll about 0.5 times.

Although it is possible to write spells freely ability is changed to automatic mode because of the patch

I used sixes ansseuge not spell the end. That's not the energy ahkkawoseo. Not just for the poor audiophile.

If you frequently write but can be fun to play There are skills that consume energy without sseuldae.

Lip lines to Kyrgyzstan, Pyrgos tail of the wind, the type of teleportation. Sseundago may not interfere with the game indefinitely

If you frequently write the spell that you can enjoy a variety of games, but the energy ahkkapjyo.

Conversely, the energy consumption is too large spells Hey, yo I recall one eats

Nix's Absorb. Celebrates the shooting spiked with monstrous specs or high tier Mission In a moment the key is large enough to be afraid you are too exhausted.

In high tier'll almost never see sseundago. So writes only chaos.

I recall also write about the Knicks looked completely useless skill apart from energy consumption

Psychic BOLZ ... why ... Sometimes you're switching to passive Clarifying BOLZ writes ....

I do not know exactly what you want to change in any way the energy system

Once the immediate thing I thought a review of the performance of each spell.

Voilà... :p

You might need to use english if you want more chance of being understood...

I could say things in french,but 95% of people reading here understand english,for instance.

I hate the fact that "ammo efficiency" is even a factor when balancing weapons or choosing what weapons to use.

I usually use precision weapons. I like my shots to go where I want them. But sometimes I also want to let loose withs some spray'n'pray. But such playstyle is incredibly annoying in Warframe. It's a little bit of fun after which you spend considerable amount of time running around picking up drops (which are often not enough) and/or standing around with restore deployed.

I don't really mind the enegry/Health system though. Though I would likemore reliable way to restore HP than Life Strike or orbs.

Suggestions for improvement of AMMO pickups:

1) Consider regenerating ammo pool on some weapons. It could work, balance with firerate, accuracy and damage. Do not punish players with tedium of collecting ammo. Sustained DPS means you take more damage from enemies. Why is that not a balancing factor?

2) Ammo pickups restoring % of ammo pools instead of set amount or restoring magazines. This allows you to directly impact weapon's ammo efficiency in balance stages by tweaking ammo pool and/or magazine size. Again... don't punish weapons that reach DPS through sustained fire as opposed to those that reach it by burst damage.

3) Introduce special objects on maps that restore % of ammo. Weapon stands, security checkpoints, storage rooms, armories. Where are all those things? Make them one time use... in normal missions. So I can spray as long as I explore the level a bit. And make them with cooldown on endless missions. Put them in dangerous spots... something for players to contest. It would also improve the general "feel" of the tilesets. Make the areas look more like they're "lived in". This could work along normal drops from enemies or could replace them.

Edited by LocoWithGun

I hate the fact that "ammo efficiency" is even a factor when balancing weapons or choosing what weapons to use.

I usually use precision weapons. I like my shots to go where I want them. But sometimes I also want to let loose withs some spray'n'pray. But such playstyle is incredibly annoying in Warframe. It's a little bit of fun after which you spend considerable amount of time running around picking up drops (which are often not enough) and/or standing around with restore deployed.

I don't really mind the enegry/Health system though. Though I would likemore reliable way to restore HP than Life Strike or orbs.

Suggestions for improvement of AMMO pickups:

1) Consider regenerating ammo pool on some weapons. It could work, balance with firerate, accuracy and damage. Do not punish players with tedium of collecting ammo. Sustained DPS means you take more damage from enemies. Why is that not a balancing factor?

2) Ammo pickups restoring % of ammo pools instead of set amount or restoring magazines. This allows you to directly impact weapon's ammo efficiency in balance stages by tweaking ammo pool and/or magazine size. Again... don't punish weapons that reach DPS through sustained fire as opposed to those that reach it by burst damage.

3) Introduce special objects on maps that restore % of ammo. Weapon stands, security checkpoints, storage rooms, armories. Where are all those things? Make them one time use... in normal missions. So I can spray as long as I explore the level a bit. And make them with cooldown on endless missions. Put them in dangerous spots... something for players to contest. It would also improve the general "feel" of the tilesets. Make the areas look more like they're "lived in". This could work along normal drops from enemies or could replace them.

And I love it.

High RoF weapons are not viable from a certain point :-) . It is too expensive to bring a boltor p or soma p into long missions thanks to this fact.

Coptering - I think the fact that this game already have this movement so encarved on our gameplay, there is no need to change that at all, because, it's usefull sometimes, and even more now that we have bigger tilesets, that makes our movements easier or at least some places easier to get, but i totaly aprove some shiny new Supercool parkour movements, cuz this game is not only made for old players like me, this is a game that needs to grow, so it's important to have cool things for the newcomers.

Pickups - Defenetly they need some love, pickups 2.0 needs to come, as we now have some weapons that have 1500 magazine size, i think doesnt make sence we recieve sucha low ammount of ammo per pickup, i know we have the ammo restore things and they usefull, but i still would want to see the ammo restore as energy and health pickups to become a % of our base hp/energ/ammo or maximum, it would be much greater.

DMG Mods - I think they should just be converted to ranking up like warframes. [offtopic] its very unfortunate for the end game comunity to be so "need to have" primed weapons and high end mods to play, as a early beta player, i'm bit tired of seing my crewmates with the same boring set of weapons like Soma's Prime and Boltor's Prime, Scindo Primes etc etc, is just too much prime weapons, and then i ask them, what about playing with braton, or hek, tiberon maybe, and they say, they weak weapons. Gess its time to stop the Primed Curse please! [offtopic] With the weapons ranking up from theyr base dmg by a % would make much more pleased weapons to use as a much bigger variety of mods we could put on them, like Ammo Drum. The enemy dmg/ weakspots balance would make the game even better.

About the other topics i got not much to say, only that some frames need so love to theyr abilityes

Sorry for my notsowell english but think everyone that read understands what i meant

And I love it.

High RoF weapons are not viable from a certain point :-) . It is too expensive to bring a boltor p or soma p into long missions thanks to this fact.

Isn't it a little bit harsh to make the high rate of fire weapon types useless just because there are two weapons with high RoF that are OP? Also with the %ammo pool pickups, there would be an option to balance weapons with adjusting their ammo pool, rather than tweaking their damage. So lower damage weapons would have high ammo pools, while higher damage weapons would have low pools (it doesn't make sense anyway how you can bring the same amount of bolts for boltor as you can bring little bullets for other auto-rifles)

I'd like to use my Grakata a little bit more consistently without scavenger/mutation mods, but thanks to the current ammo system, I'd better bring something like Phage or any other weapon with slow ammo consumption, and pretty high damage.

Regarding Serration type mods:

It's pretty clear that for any weapon's build to be optimal, you need to equip the base damage mod and multishot, like Serration and Split Chamber.  If you remove those mod types and come up with a different mechanic for increasing base damage, and assuming you don't change the number of mod slots, we're simply going to slot two more elemental mods because those are the only ones that are increased by base damage, unlike slash, puncture mods, etc.  Naturally you will also have people screaming for compensation if you remove them because they either spent plat buying maxed versions of Serration and Hornet Strike, or farmed the necessary cores and credits.  I'm not one to cling to old systems, but I almost want to say that this is one of those "too little, too late" situations where if you act now and remove those two mod types that probably never should have been introduced, you're going to piss some people off and likely create an unbalanced system in its place that will take months to correct.  Personally, I would love to see an entirely new damage system that allows us to truly customize weapon builds, but that would mean scrapping a lot of what was already done as well as changing all damage mods.  I'm sure this would be a wildly unpopular idea. 

Do you think Sliding, Coptering, and/or Wall Flinging should be changed in some way?
  1. No, do not change them at all. (889 votes [41.46%])

2. bullet_star_rated.png Yes, they could use a slight change (post your opinion below). (297 votes [13.85%])

3. Yes, they should have their acceleration removed and sprint should be improved. (626 votes [29.20%])

4. Other (post your opinion below). (55 votes [2.57%])

5. No opinion on this topic. (277 votes [12.92%])

Do you think pickups (orbs and ammo) need a revision?
  1. bullet_star_rated.png Yes, they definitely need a complete revision. (709 votes [33.07%])

2. Yes, but only minor change/tweak, nothing major. (918 votes [42.82%])

3. No, they are fine the way they are. (382 votes [17.82%])

4. No opinion on this topic. (135 votes [6.30%])

What is your opinion on pure damage mods (for example, Serration)?
  1. They are fine currently. (707 votes [32.98%])

2. They need their damage bonus increased. (328 votes [15.30%])

3. They need their damage bonus decreased and/or replaced with a different bonus. (289 votes [13.48%])

4. They need to be removed. (476 votes [22.20%])

5. bullet_star_rated.png Other (post an explanation below). (113 votes [5.27%])

6. No opinion on this topic. (231 votes [10.77%])

Would you grab enemies if you could?
  1. bullet_star_rated.png Probably not. Faster to shoot them! (408 votes [19.03%])

2. Maybe, depends what I'm fighting or doing. (1114 votes [51.96%])

3. Yes! Grab all the things! (581 votes [27.10%])

4. No opinion on this topic. (41 votes [1.91%])

On average, do you use all of your Warframe’s abilities?
  1. Yes, I normally use most/all abilities. (844 votes [39.37%])

2. bullet_star_rated.png No, I only use some abilities on average. (1158 votes [54.01%])

3. No, I only use my fourth ability on average. (83 votes [3.87%])

4. Other (post explanation below). (46 votes [2.15%])

5. No opinion on this topic. (13 votes [0.61%])

Do you think Sliding, Coptering, and/or Wall Flinging should be changed in some way?

Yep, remove the acceleration from sliding and make wall flinging easier to perform. Coptering seems kind of unrealistic.

I think orbs are fine. Well, energy orbs are. But walking into ammunition drops and having the weapon get it instantly feels unrealistic.

The drops could have increased quantity of ammo but you would have to pick them up, literally, not by walking into them. Or...

The drops could be removed with some stationary boxes/chests/lockers available on the mission that you could use to refill your ammo. That would not work on the endless missions though...

There was an example of how to replace Serration with something else mentioned on the devstram, Mods that increase your damage under some specific conditions like headshots, hitting enemies on closer/further distance or hitting enemies repetitevely without missing your shots would work.

Those mods would provide even more damage increase than Serration but it would be more difficult to benefit and players would start to think. There could also be BOTH mods with greater conditional increase stat AND mods with lesser conditional increase + flat damage increase dual stat.

Maxed Seration gives us 165% (15% + 15% per level), yes? So let's have an example of maxed serration-on-condition have an increase by, say, 275% (25% + 25% per level). OR let's have it have an increase of overall damage only by 110% (better that thab nothing, we want the thing balanced), but with doubled effect when a condidion met (110%x2 = 220). So people can use the benefits of the mod even when they don't meet the condition but with smaller bonus when they do.

My opinion on this topic is that we should have new mods coming, but not to replace pure damage mods like Serration, but to be added to the game. To prevent building overpowered damage, players could be given a limit of only one of these mods (including the already existing ones) to be installed in a weapon.

I don't think I would use that opportunity...

Well, I read it!

j6rVdSe.jpg

*flow in the animations & fast execution would be cool for the takedowns.

**Heavies & high level units are harder to grab. Because weight.

***changeable keybindings.

****Possible additionnal mechanic : throwable objects, like the explosive barrels/loot containers... Will add it soon. :D

It's a freakin AWESOME IDEA (provided it's balanced). Yeah, I could use that :D

Examples:

Hydroid - 1,2,3,4

Mesa - 4,4,4

Nekros - 2,3,3,4,3

Trinity - 2,3,4,4 (ik 1 has use, but I don't use it anyway)

Volt - 1,2,3,4

It just depends on the warframe. Some of the abilities are useless...

On average I use most, but not all, of my Warframes' abilities.

Sliding running, is open to the whole thing being completely changed or keeping it the same, not sure if I care either way.  I think it is kinda silly seeing everyone swing their weapons for the speed boost it causes, but then I do the same thing because I want that boost.   I'm open for something completely different, like only able to do a slide attack every 4 seconds, but everyone will hate that would be my guess.

As for drops, color code the resource drops in some way, so I don't have to go nuts looking for tellurium or any other rare resource constantly.

Pure damage mods.... if there is a mod in the game, where you basically have to have it on all the time, regardless of weapon, you have to decide, do I want Warframe to be a game where everything gets configured in just one way to get to start to get the max damage, or do I want the weapons to be configured in different ways depending on what they are?  If you want variety, the damage only mods will have to go since every weapon needs them to play the high level content.    Right now, every person who wants to do the max damage will always have the base damage mod and the base multi-shot mod on it all the time. 

It depends on the frame really, most frames though have one ability that I enjoy using a lot, and the number 4 panic button/use and then revive foolish teammate, let's get this over with button.  I cannot think of a frame where I use all the abilities a lot, I think the one who's abilities three abilities a lot on would be Zephyr (I never use dive bomb), or Nyx (never uses psychic bolts), and Mirage (rarely uses traps or the passive 3, depending on mood).

Sliding, Coptering and Wall Flinging should be removed.

It looks stupid, and most pubs has one or more person trying to "race" to the objective, and then Extraction. Basically, it's boring as Hek's propaganda.

I would love for the sprinting to be reworked.

Edited by Tymerc

The thing I liked least about the warframe ability change was that it took control over the abilities away from me and tied it to the rank of the warframe.

I would hate the same thing to happen to the weapons, so whatever happens to serration and the others, please dont tie damage to the weapons level.

I can however, sort of see where people are coming from with the criticism of serration. Especially the argument that mods should modify the weapon behaviour rather than massively scaling the damage.

However, I would argue that there will almost always be a go-to mod that is the first on the weapon for most people, removing this one will just focus attention on another. (Eg how many players that have them, dont have one of the ele damage+status mods on most of their weapons?) Besides, considering the likely impact/rescaling of damage/health etc across the entire game, (all the weapons, all the frames, all the creatures and a fair few mods probably,) I would have to say that I dont think the end result would be worth all the work and upheaval. It seems to me that it will take a long time to rebalance the game after this kind of change.

Besides, by the time players need mods like serration to get by, they should already have one. Seems to me this is basically an attempt to free up a mod slot on the weapon.

So how about that as a counter suggestion. Rather than linking the damage of the weapon to its level, why not link the number of open mod slots instead? Start with say four slots unlocked, then unlock another one every few levels. (Maybe an extra slot for a rank 30 weapon.) Lets face it, a low level weapon often cant cope with a large number of mods and its not usually a good idea to have a large number of low rank mods on the weapon anyway. (I know some people will yell about polarity slots. But it shouldnt be a problem, just unlock polarity slots first. After using a forma on a weapon it normally only takes a few missions to get the level back up to something useful, and forma'd weapons can move their polarity slots around anyway.)

Besides, I would rather see more use of the damaged mod system, (limited to the early planets,) to ensure that new players have a good chance to obtain at least one version of the core mods. (Oh and please tweak the damaged mods so that they fit the current mod system better. If they are supposed to be weaker and have less drain, then that should apply to all of them. I hate seeing a damaged mod with the same drain as a normal mod. I dont have a problem with damaged mods generally having half the starting cost of the full mod, even if that makes some of them start at 1 drain. Sounds like a good idea for starting players who may not have a catalyst on the weapon anyway.)

Agree with Einde about the pickups. Percentage based seems the way to go.

As for Warframe abilties, on most warframes I tend to only use two or three abilities, with one ability left being a bit weaker due to the mods selected. It seems to me that the intention was that you should never be able to buff all the abilities at once with one mod, there was always supposed to be a trade off. Make the player make choices about how they wanted to play. One alternative that might get all four abilties in use would have been to allow each warframe five or six abilties and the player could then choose four of them and mod accordingly. Or perhaps have a pool of generic abilties that players could find and equip in place of a warframe specific ability. (Quests to unlock them?) Not sure how you'd fit that in with the new ability system though.

Personally, Yes.

Most of the time, I see people constantly sliding (myself included) , not only because it's faster, but it also gives you almost infinite stamina, if done right. This doesn't seem right to me.

As for coptering and wall-flinging, these should stay. Coptering across the room/map in the blink of an eye, though, isn't good. Mostly, coptering and flinging just need better animations. Look at the Hammer's air attack. It's powerful, and seems like it makes at least a little bit of sense. Also look at the wall attacks for swords, how you jump (not fling!) off the wall. The fling could be replaced with a powerful, yet fluid with the wallrun, jump.

Serration, I can't really speak for. I agree, though, that it isn't good for a damage mod to take up a mod slot UNLESS it changes the way the gun operates, eg. Heavy Caliber ( More damage, for less accuracy).

Serration and any other mod that is on every single build should be removed, but also replaced with some other way to increase base weapon damage.

Serration plays an important role, the role of progressions. Working to build up Serration is one of the most satisfying things a new player does to gauge his or her rise in strength. The problem is that this rise in strength should not be in the mod section of the game since the purpose of modding is to change the way your arsenal functions and there is no change involved in something that should NEVER be removed.

Edit: I actually changed my mind because I changed the way I look at serration. Instead of a way to change how a gun functions, it is simply an convenient mod that permanently takes up a slot in my mods tied to my progression. If DE took away both Serration and Multishot (two must have mods), and put that kind of progression somewhere else, they would also likely reduce available slots by 2 (in which case nothing really changed other than players having to learn about a new system that needs to be grinded). May as well just keep things easy and familiar (the learning curve on this game already is difficult enough for new players). That being said, keep serration and allow a primed version. I say bring on the grind because who are we fooling, that is what this game is about.

Edited by Vellauno

For damage mods:

1) Turn pure damage mods into the firearms version of aura/stance mods, so that you can only slot one per weapon.

2) Add a bunch of conditional pure damage mods, e.g. "when sliding", "on successive shots against the same target within 2 seconds," "when energy at max", and so on. Great big list of suggestions here. Conditional mods will max out at somewhere around 180%-200%, compared to Serrations 165%, only when their conditions are met (otherwise they provide 0%, or perhaps work at half effectiveness if that's too harsh). Probably fold Multishot and similar mods into this.

3) For all other damage mods, have them change the type of damage rather than adding damage. E.g., if a mod adds 30% slash damage, it will also reduce impact or puncture damage by 30% (or 15% each, or 10% and 20%, etcetera). Rare and legendary mods might add some net damage, no more than 10-15%; e.g. if a rare mod adds 30% slash damage, it might only reduce impact or puncture by 20%.

Ta-da! Mod choice becomes a matter of what suits your particular playstyle and the mission you're running, instead of just whatever nets you the most raw damage output.

Edited by motorfirebox

if pure dmg mods are removed, the dmg buffs from them should just be directly applied to all weapons. it shouldt go up with lvl because a real gun doesnt go up in lethality the more times you shoot it. if things were to increase with level i would assume recoil control and accuracy..

the only changes i would make to wall fling and coptering .. i would make them able to perform seemlessly, and would remove the locked animation from wall attacks and allow us to do moves directly out of it. to wall fling you just dont hold the wall run. its pretty simple to determine when you fling or dont. also, the speed at which you enter a wall run affects it... so coptering into wall run will send you off farther then a walking jump into it.

i like it how it is

Nope, it seems pretty good to me. Without coptering (or if it was made worse) then some warframes would be useless especially in speed runs cause they won't be able to keep up, its a good alternative to get around and is well done. Although max stamina could use a little boost, maybe another 10 or 15%. We shouldn't need a mod for this. Its like having to pay someone 10 dollars so you can get to work 5 minutes sooner lol.

Orbs are perfect but ammo drops should be reworked for those of us with not so great eyes. They are hard to spot or tell apart from other types of drops when in a rush.

Sometimes having a must need thing isn't bad. And in most cases you can get away with not using it but you might as well use if you have it. Its no different then Vitality or Redirection, its just one of those things you gotta get. Without those mods you won't have as much play room with what mods you run because you will need to build specifically for certain missions. And if you take out those mods and then turn around and compensate for them then weapon damage will go through the roof having the extra mod slot.

As for Primed Serration, you already added one for Shotguns so why not for rifles. The question shouldn't be "should we release Primed Serration" but it should be "Why were we fine with Primed Point Blank?"

Yes I would grab enemies if I could, asuming I could walk with them and they wouldnt alert other enemies around me. Its a real situational thing but I would rather be able to have the option then to not have it at all (no boss grabbing though of course).

Most warframes i use all there abilities. But some like Rhino andr Excals Charge/Dash are just too useless to bother with when i could just shoot the person. Although they are fun to use when screwing around.

FASTER SPRINT!!! Yes!

I dont want to be a copter anymore! I want to run fast and climb well just like this :

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/383301-new-movement-sketches-tweaks-pictures-inside/#entry4228346

Its how I see future movement in WF.

Ppl are scared of changes so much they want to stay in their "comfort zone" forever...Not realising that there are BETTER ways! .

Coptering is NOT awesome imo. Its just a flawed movement that we all got used to. Coptering dash must be nerfed. It gives too much boost out of NOWHERE.

First of all - Damage mods should NOT be removed. Instead they should be adequately updated. The only problem with Serration and Hornet is that they are R10. No whine about multishot mods or damage type mods, why? They are easy to get/ max out.

Ideas:

a. Change Serration and Hornet Strike to be R5 or R6, lowering their total damage increase to 110% or 90%, like for shotguns or melee. This will solve the problem. Really, it will.

b. Keep the R10 max level, but change the buff from 165% and 220% accordingly to 110% and 135%. Its worse, but that`ll do.

Second - about ammo and orbs pickup. Ammo is kinda ok, but orbs really gives no clue of their origin. What are they? How they are kept in enemies inventory? My idea - change them to look like a real ingame item, lifesupport or medikit for life orbs and energy battaries for energy orbs.

Also SHIELD orbs (shield batteries) should be in drop table too. We need this for a fast paced gameplay.

Thats about all I wanted to add. Thanks for reading!

Edited by Vicious_D

As far as coptering goes, I have found that now that I am MR11 I don't want to spend all the time running through a mission. At first it was great and a lot of fun, but with the grinding that has to be done, it can be tiresome to have to run/slide/walk (when stamina runs out) everywhere. I didn't learn about coptering till I was MR7. Now I live by it, but it can take the challenge out of a mission. Some tweaking would be ok, but still have the ability to get out of a bad spot by coptering out is nice.

Pick-ups, I believe should scale as you lvl. Not by much maybe, but opening a container and sitting at 3 health just to get 25 more, just isn't worth it. The first toxic enemy you run into your toast.

Figuring out a new dmg system could be nice. It seems all I build for is dmg, but when your running end game lvls that's what you need. It can get rough in a mission if you don't have the right mods on your gun. Now if your weapons scaled as you gained MR, frame rank and as the weapon ranked up, that would be nice(or some combination of the 3). You could actually have a weapon increase in dmg mid mission (would love that!). Instead of having to wait till you got out of the mission to install mods. This would also allow for a greater degree in gun differences. The higher rank you are the higher tier of weapons you can select from. This would allow for a greater degree of differences in selecting a weapon. Let the mods just make changes like ammo, fire rate, reload time, multi-shot, elemental mods to change dmg instead of increasing it. In the end though, we need weapons that will cut through the enemy without it being insanely hard to do so. I like a challenge, but when you just can't beat a lvl based off the mods you carry, it can get frustrating. Especially on those stages that people play once and never repeat so you are stuck trying to solo them or begging people to help you. Granted just get Loki and all stages become easier, but again, I don't want to have to use just one frame to beat everything.

Grab and Throw Mechanics - I would love this, but just put one restriction on it. You have to go into the stage with no melee weapon. I think there should be a way to fight without a melee weapon. It would be challenging, but I believe it would be a lot of fun. Make it something like a stance, with grabs, throws, martial arts moves, and some shield mechanics. Make it where when you use them as a shield you draw your sidearm. Just remember to add in puncture dmg that goes though your shield. It would be a fun addition, but I don't think that it should be game changing. Make it possible to mod it up for faster moves, maybe add mods that will add a special move to your fighting. Just a thought. After thought here, this would be an interesting way to dual other players. With the right amount of mods you could create a variety of fighting styles. You could even add a room to the relay's for people to fight and even hold tournaments. Throw the syndicate into it and you now have teams and sponsors for the event.

As far as abilities go - Some frames just have lame abilities that lack in use. Sure they go with the frame, but they just have some problems. Not really sure how to fix, since you can't please everyone. I find I try them all just for fun, but in a grind or mission not for fun, those abilities just fall by the wayside. Also I believe that this will be one of those were everyone has a different opinion on the abilities. Now as a side note on abilities, it would be interesting to give the frames move abilities, like 6-8, and we get to pick which 4 we want to use. Now again this will lead to most players just selecting a specific few based on end game, but as time goes by you can see which ones are the faves of all and just eliminate the extra ones, leaving you back at a base of 4 abilities. This would take lots of effort and work, so I don't expect it to happen.

Just my thoughts on it all.

Grab and throw: yes, absolutely.  While the majority of the time throws and holds are unneccessary, they are still a part of almost all martial arts styles.  So they are missing from our arsenal of moves.  No we might not use them often, but they are still a useful option, when required.  The skillful Tenno would use theses moves wisely.  Imagine instead of a stealth kill, we could hold an enemy hostage, as a shield.  How many times have we stealth killed an enemy only to have to deal with his squadmates.  This could be a way to transition into that situation better.  How many times have we been shield bashed?  I want to grab that shield and use it to lever that enemy onto the ground. I want to throw an enemy off a platform onto his squad below.  I want to grab a Butcher's arm as he swings and use his own arm and weapon against him. I want to throw a Scorpion across the room : see how she likes it.  

The best thing about warframe is it's variety, and I also appreciate that it mimics martial arts.  We need throws and holds.  Even if most players wouldn't use them as often, the skilled players would.  Always give us the option, if you can.

One last thought: holding an enemy hostage would be an awesome way to transition into a "focus" mode.  Maybe we would get a window of opportunity to take out his squad with our sidearm.  focus or not, if the enemy reacted in a way that gave us a chance to use those pistol skills, while holding a shield, this alone would be worth  the ability to hold.  Just my thoughts.  Warframe is awesome, much love, DE.

Abilities:  I think that as I have progressed in the game, I have learned that each frame needs all of it's abilities to work best.  Some would argue that some abilities are "throwaway" abilities.  I disagree.    The more I play, the more I find myself using everything a frame has to offer.  The key is in finding those uses and maximizing their usage. 

Case in point: Limbo- most players don't play him.  But all of his powers complement each other.  Limbo is probably one of the few frames that can solo a hard rescue mission, with ease.  But if one doesn't understand how his powers work, he is confusing and a hindrance.  Not every player loves every frame, but those who do love a particular frame, I would bet they use all of their powers, especially if they have been playing a long time.  I'm not a great Trinity player, but I've seen adept Trinity players wade into the enemy like they were a Rhino, and come out unscathed.  The warframes are tools: it is up to us as players to learn to use those tools in the best ways.  And we must learn to use all of those tools to become truly effective. 

As to the alteration of serration like mods, If you do not count the people who willingly avoid these mods and that's there choice it's going to affect 100% of players, affecting 100% of content and 100% of weapons. Not only that but it affects other mods that people have invested time and money on. Being a programer I know this change would take a massive amount of time to get right and even if you get it right your still going to lose people, if they work on a theoretical model changing all the damage and that model just doesn't work then the time and resources and testing, that could have gone to adding more content to the game. It's not as simple as remove a few mods and the problem goes away, if there is a real problem beyond people want more customization and more difficult content which can be addressed in other ways.

At the end of the day this is a co-operative game where you dictate your own experience. I have seen games go under with smaller changes that affect roughly 30% of the player base. At the end of the day there are going to be people who want to play this game by themselves, or with one or two friends who need these mods to get to the content they want to see or people with limited free time who just want to log in to have some fast paced shooting. When making this kind of nerf you have to consider everyone that it's going to affect. If people who don't have four dedicated players or don't want to play with other people and you log in just to fail content over and over again your going to lose people faster than if the content is 'too easy'. I mean really think about it would you log in still if you just failed for 2 hours a day, day after day. You can't finish events, and your several content patches behind your just going to find a new game. The guns you like no longer do anything. Then your not going to come back,

To get 100% right this kind of change would need to be tested vigorously, testing and tweaking the mechanics of hundreds of weapons and mods, this is going to take an insane amount of resources. No matter how much you hate the mod, is this really how you want DE's spent? A lot of the solutions I have read from people are simple on paper but would take forever to get right.  This would be a massive change that would affect the game and every future peice of content they produce for the game. If people are no longer completing content your going to have a dumbing down of content. Which is going to lead to more complaining. I have seen this happen in three games, a small minority of people thought the game needed to be harder for the entire population. It has lead to a mass exodus of casual players every time. People who were complaining don't really miss these players until they note that the production cycle time has gone up and as the casual players were supporting the game, people who wanted the change note finally that it really doesn't affect how they play the game and once there out of content they start complaining again.

You also have to think about the fact that people are going to need to be compensated for the change, and the fact that this alter how all damage mods work, it's going to be a lot of compensation going out to people. Even if they just change the straight up +Damage mods your talking a lot of compensation going out to each and every player and this will in turn affect the market value of the compensation. It will just be a mess...

If you want them to produce better weapons and harder content in the future then push for that. If you want them to add more mods so there is more diversity into builds then push for that. If you want a re balance of old weapons so they preform on a similar level as a higher tier weapons based on there difficulty to aquire so you don't have to run pugs where you can predict the loadouts of the others to a degree of accuracy then push for that. Just don't take that load out from that person. I would suggest focusing on solutions that enhance build to the game and content you want to see without taking something or making current level content harder for someone else.

Dear DEVs, when you released PS4 version of "WARFRAME" you promised that it will be crossplatform game, but now you even not made account transfer from PC to PS4! Why i can't migrate from PC to PS4?? Why i can't migrate FOR MONEY? OPEN ACCOUNT MIGRATION!

i donated every month, now i dont want to donate (be sure, not only me)  because you can't do similar things FOR PLAYERS. 

Edited by Aquartos

Grab and throw: yes, absolutely.  While the majority of the time throws and holds are unneccessary, they are still a part of almost all martial arts styles.  So they are missing from our arsenal of moves.  No we might not use them often, but they are still a useful option, when required.  The skillful Tenno would use theses moves wisely.  Imagine instead of a stealth kill, we could hold an enemy hostage, as a shield.  How many times have we stealth killed an enemy only to have to deal with his squadmates.  This could be a way to transition into that situation better.  How many times have we been shield bashed?  I want to grab that shield and use it to lever that enemy onto the ground. I want to throw an enemy off a platform onto his squad below.  I want to grab a Butcher's arm as he swings and use his own arm and weapon against him. I want to throw a Scorpion across the room : see how she likes it.  

The best thing about warframe is it's variety, and I also appreciate that it mimics martial arts.  We need throws and holds.  Even if most players wouldn't use them as often, the skilled players would.  Always give us the option, if you can.

One last thought: holding an enemy hostage would be an awesome way to transition into a "focus" mode.  Maybe we would get a window of opportunity to take out his squad with our sidearm.  focus or not, if the enemy reacted in a way that gave us a chance to use those pistol skills, while holding a shield, this alone would be worth  the ability to hold.  Just my thoughts.  Warframe is awesome, much love, DE.

Wow, you summed it up. Exactly what kind of aspect I wanted to add to the gameplay. Kudos!

I think such options regarding movement are great. I like being fast and nimble.

However, I think it needs some updates. Some of the animation transitions aren't as smooth as I would like, and there is a lack of consistency that needs to be adressed. Wall Flinging most of the time launches me a good distance, but on occasions bugs out and sends me flying across the room at silly high speeds.

When I joined in closed beta I remember there being comments that the orbs are placeholders, don't remember similair comments about ammo.

Health and energy orbs do look a bit out of place. Changing them to something like medkits and batteries would probably make more sense, but then people would complain that it looks "generic".

To paraphrase Syndrome "When everyone has R10 Serration, noone does".

I made my own thread about mods that are just statistical upgrades (shameless link).

The most fair solution would be to make some mods "global", meaning that they are in effect 100% of the time across all gear without the need to have them equipped. I am very conflicetd about that option because it's lazy.

Could I swing them like a club?

Would Eximus units have special effects if used as a club?

If so, my answer is: HELL YEAH!!

Warframes where all four abilities are equally useful are rare, sadly the best way to play is to make one-trick-ponies that have either spam or silly long duration.

Only on Mesa do I use 3 abilities constantly, her first I use depending on which weapon I have equipped.

Edited by Playford