The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"lost" Enemies In Exterminate Missions

BenHoliday

The most annoying thing about Exterminate missions is that there are a finite amount of enemies, but no mission objective markers until you kill them all. Each enemy is marked on the map, but knowing where they are on a 2D map doesn't always make it possible to find them in a 3D level.

There are plenty of times when there's a single enemy stuck in a large room, but he is somewhere he shouldn't be and so I can't find him. Recently, I had to jump into an area full of jutting rocks, where a melee Grineer had fallen and gotten stuck. So I "hovered" over him (since I couldn't fall further, but had nothing to stand on,) and shot him. If I hadn't known he was near due to audio cues, I'd never have been able to find him. Other times I've had a larger number of enemies left, but no idea how to get to them from a large room. All the exits I know about I'd check, and it would appear that they are actually in the same room, but the various elevations and side tunnels occasionally make it very difficult if not impossible to locate all of the enemies.

Of all the mission types, Exterminate missions feel like they take the longest because you spend so much time looking for that last enemy, and then running to the extraction point unopposed. They might not actually take longer on average than other missions, but they certainly feel less entertaining because enemies don't interrupt you nearly as much as all the other mission types.

i know what you mean

had a few exterminate missions where i could not find the last remaining enemie and had to abort it.

since then, i do exterminate missions with loki because every time lokis decoy dies/expires/being replaced the counter for enemies goes down by 1. some buggy fix but it works

Edited by dEEkAy2k9