Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Low Leveled Know-It-Alls + A Potential Solution [New People Thinking They Know More Than Someone Of My Experience]

PickleMonster21

EDIT: I see now that I was wrong about what I had suggested. So I'll put up here a new suggestion. An in-game report & avoid system. Or something of the sort. Would take away the barrier I've suggested below. ALTERNATIVELY, Conclave Rating. Although I personally don't agree [bringing a Vauban to Semeni with an unranked Burston Prime, you won't get matched with anyone who can make it past 5], it could be a stepping stone.

Background on myself, I'm Master Rank 16, and have been playing for a year and a half now. End of U.7, beginning of U.8. I have 1,700 Hours through Steam, and 1,325 Hours through Warframe.

To set the scene, I needed Mutagen Mass, so naturally, you go do some Infested Invasions. I find the Outbreak on Arcadia, Mars, which is a Survival mission. So I'm expecting some low-leveled people there. Of course, I join a MR.1 [first of all, what is a level 1 doing on Mars? Go back to Earth, pls]. He starts activating the Life Support as they come along ._. So after I say something, he stops doing that. Thirty seconds later, a MR.3 joins, and does the same thing the Level 1 did. So I'm just like "Bruh..."
Anyway, about another minute goes by, this Nekros looking guy joins, who's MR.2. Then he does what the other two were doing so I kinda got frustrated. Anyway, the following event unfolded:

I GOT IT WRONG. THE MR.3 WAS THE NICE GUY, THE MR.2 IS THE KNOW-IT-ALL!! fjfdoj6.jpg

First white box = just the two (there was more earlier but I couldn't get it all in)
Second white box = me trying to explain it
Third white box = him being hostile towards me and me retaliating.
When I said "Lol", that's because he went down. We revived him, of course, even though I was really hesitant) 

ccp2fTC.jpg

7djXdcz.jpg

What I think this game needs is an option to join games with people who are more your experience. Like, I'm MR.16, so anyone who's like 8+ can join me in a public game. Now, I know that not every MR.7 or under is bad or a know-it-all, but this would reduce that "Oh my god, you don't know what you're talking about. Just shut up" factor. I'm suggesting a FIFTH mode [Public, Friends Only, Invite Only, Solo] that potentially gets rid of that, and this works for EVERYONE. So this setting allows people:
Who are MR.8 to join anyone.
Who are MR.9 or higher can only join MR.8 and above; and
Who are below MR.8 can join anyone else MR.8 or below.
BUT, if you're MR.8, you can't join a MR.10, and then have people who are MR.3 join you, and vice versa.

Edited by PickleMonster21

the Tutorial should teach people how to play the game.

and / or Survival could just not let Players activate the Support Pods when it's >70% Life Support.

i've seen some very powerful arguments from newer Players stating that they like being paired with more knowledgeable Players sometimes, because they can learn a lot very quickly.

so Mastery splitting people sounds good on paper but is probably not a great idea.

Made a similar post about people telling you how to play warframe. Like.. TELLING you "THis is how you mod a warframe so you can stop being a scrub" way of telling. 

People like this is annoying. They do not deserve to be called Tenno. If someone is of Higher rank, have more time and what ever it is you are higher in. Then learn from those, dont be a$$es about it.

and / or Survival could just not let Players activate the Support Pods when it's >70% Life Support.

i've seen some very powerful arguments from newer Players stating that they like being paired with more knowledgeable Players sometimes, because they can learn a lot very quickly.

so Mastery splitting people sounds good on paper but is probably not a great idea.

that's why DE should consider adding a mentoring system in, since nobody wants to play with a newbie who doesn't know what to do, but every newbie wants to learn new things. Mentoring system and OP's suggestion creates a perfect balance between the two.

This game needs to buckle down on community now, before it turns into DotA 2 or CSGO, where I've been reported and even kicked from a game for not speaking russian or not sacrificing something of mine for them. Voting system doesn't work all that well.

As for matchmaking I agree OP, it annoys me too. Sucks that you had to play with that. Make sure the player is reported :)

I think the reason this suggestion works is because its an option and not a forced choice. Vets who wish to play or coach lower level players can do so, and those that don't can choose to filter out newer players if they don't think it's worth the hassle.

Yeah, kinda would like this to a certain extent. ( but not to the point that it would cause separation from the new and very old players)

Had an MR3 insult my Braton during survival cuz he was using a Boltor. Sad life

Just so you know, I'm not suggesting take out public and replace it with my solution. I'm simply saying add a 5th game setting. This way, you can still play Public because personally, I like helping new players if they're going to cooperate and are willing to learn. But having that 5th option would allow you to play endless game modes on more difficult planets without the fear of getting joined by some MR.2 because he got a taxi there by one of his friends for massive EXP.

So having a 5th option of being paired with people more your skill level makes endless games better/easier for Vets/people who are capable of playing those levels, and MR.1s getting paired with people more their experience so you don't have MR.18s coming and just rushing through the mission like it was nothing.

Made a similar post about people telling you how to play warframe. Like.. TELLING you "THis is how you mod a warframe so you can stop being a scrub" way of telling. 

People like this is annoying. They do not deserve to be called Tenno. If someone is of Higher rank, have more time and what ever it is you are higher in. Then learn from those, dont be a$$es about it.

I saw that thread. Except this guy isn't my friend, and he's telling me how to play a game mode that I played during it's release.

nah

OP u should rly check yer ego at the door, ppl like u drive away new players, yer attitude is toxic =/

i get it, they're noobs, but instead of jus calmly talking to them u lost yer cool, and thusly their respect, obviously they wont listen 2 u after that

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

This game needs to buckle down on community now, before it turns into DotA 2 or CSGO, where I've been reported and even kicked from a game for not speaking russian or not sacrificing something of mine for them. Voting system doesn't work all that well.

As for matchmaking I agree OP, it annoys me too. Sucks that you had to play with that. Make sure the player is reported :)

I didn't, and won't report him. For all I know, it's just been a bad day for him. He could be a really nice guy. On the flip side...

nah

OP u should rly check yer ego at the door, ppl like u drive away new players, yer attitude is toxic =/

Are you... what? Can u fkn not m8? I'll rek u on a 1v1 on dust m9.

Seriously though. MY attitude is toxic? I didn't start that whole bitterness. I was simply trying to get him to not waste LS that we may have needed, because we all know how much LS units drop from enemies >.>

Well, they are not going to learn or listen if you start insulting them first.

And Mars is a low level planet, so technically you were intruding on their territory...

HOW DID I INSULT HIM FIRST??? Please, quote where I insulted him first.

Meanwhile, during Infested Outbreaks for Mutagen, Feldron or Detonite, That's EVERYONE'S territory. 

Seriously though. MY attitude is toxic? I didn't start that whole bitterness.

You're yellow/green, right?

You started with "What the F***?" and "why the hell?", followed by another "what the F***?"  Then you called them a tool.

Their response to you was not the best, but yes, you did start off being bitter.

nah

i get it, they're noobs, but instead of jus calmly talking to them u lost yer cool, and thusly their respect, obviously they wont listen 2 u after that

His ego may be a bit too present but he has a good point. He did ask and wasn't really that mean about it until the new people just started mouthing off because he wanted to keep a few spare tanks.

The new people who act like this are toxic and people white knighting for them aren't going to help the problem.

You're yellow/green, right?

You started with "What the F***?" and "why the hell?", followed by another "what the F***?"  Then you called them a tool.

Their response to you was not the best, but yes, you did start off being bitter.

After having explained not to use the Life Support while we're at 90%... I DID say I couldn't fit the entire conversation in. They hadn't listened to me, they were wasting LS (it was only 10 minutes but I'd still rather have it and not need it) and it was getting frustrating. That's not insulting them. That's asking for an explanation as to why they did it AGAIN, after I had said something about it.

considering that the first 5 lines of conversation were you swearing at a bunch of new players, pretty sure I would have been hitting every life support I could get my hands on too.

Edit: Apparently I missed the part where that was not the whole conversation, but the point is still valid.Talking like that was not helping the situation, and it is pretty obvious that they were egging you on.

As far as matchmaking by mastery level, most nodes are empty as is. This would further compound the issue and is largely not necessary in my opinion.

If you want to play with high mastery rank players, I recommend hitting up recruiting, or add some people to your friends list who would like to do missions with you.

One additional Edit: Mastery rank does not determine a players attitude or disposition. I have played with high mastery rank players who act the same way. Remember the, Stop Running or you will use more Oxygen epidemic of 2013. I saw that coming from high rank players too.

Edited by xRufus7x

I would like this suggestion. Following this I would also like for more of an auto matchmaking for the Void. I always host keys and hate recruiting channel also when I tried to do T4 defense only people that responded was MR 4-6 people and every single time they always leave at wave 20.

That's why I always have in my recruiting messages "Only if you can last till __". That usually stops the lower MR people. I always double check their profiles, too. I'd rather take that little extra time to do that rather than recruit a MR.4 over an MR.16. 

When I was a noob I respected high MR players , probably just the wrong people your playing with

Amen. Even still, I respect EVERYONE. Low level players, no worries. I understand, you're new. Let me explain that for you and help you understand. Higher level players? Bah. You probably know what you're doing but I'll say something so I can get an understanding, and maybe even learn something new.

I have to say though, you did start out with quite a $&*^ish attitude.

I didn't start out like this. There is more to that Chat but, like I've stated a few times, I couldn't fit it all in. That was the most I could get from that. I had explained to them earlier as to why they shouldn't activate the LS Capsules as soon as they arrive but no. THAT'S when my language got vulgar, then that MR.2 guy started calling me an idiot, purely because I was being the exact opposite...? I failed to see his logic, surprisingly. 

considering that the first 5 lines of conversation were you swearing at a bunch of new players, pretty sure I would have been hitting every life support I could get my hands on too.

Like I've said, there was more about how I was explaining why they shouldn't activate the capsules but I simply couldn't make the chat box any bigger than that to fit all the rest of that in.

Like I've said, there was more about how I was explaining why they shouldn't activate the capsules but I simply couldn't make the chat box any bigger than that to fit all the rest of that in.

Yah, sorry about that. I already corrected my original post. Classic case of TLDR.

-snip-

so what you're saying, is that rather than solve the issue at the root of the problem (being that the game does infact do a poor job of explaining even the basics), you'd rather cut off a few leaves by Mastery splitting Matchmaking. when those leaves will just regrow anyways.

instead of trying to solve the core of the issue, you want a bandaid.

i think Warframe has it's share of bandaids already.