Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Glaive Skin Concept] The "io"

Chakram.

Would have thought (based on most games chakram implimentation) that it's a short range returning thrown weapon (I'm thinking Kingdoms of Amalur here).

Quote: "The chakram (Devanāgarī: चक्रं, Punjabi: chakkar, Malay: cakera) is a throwing weapon from India. It is circular in shape with a sharpened outer edge and ranges in size from approximately 12–30 centimetres (4.7–12 in) in diameter. It is also known as chalikar,[1]‌ or circles.

Unlike Chinese wind and fire wheels, which are generally larger and used as melee weapons only, the chakram was designed to be thrown but could also be used in-close.[citation needed] Because of its aerodynamic circular shape it is not easily deflected by wind."

Well what do you know - they are for throwing. Huh, well yes I guess this is exactly like a plasma Chakram then :P 

Edited by 11.11.11

I really like this concept, but I think it would be better to make this completely new weapon. Why? The animation would have to change, since frames hold glaive in the middle when throwing and blocking, but there's nothing in the middle in this concept. And since making new animations is a pain, they might as well make it new weapon.

I really like this concept, but I think it would be better to make this completely new weapon. Why? The animation would have to change, since frames hold glaive in the middle when throwing and blocking, but there's nothing in the middle in this concept. And since making new animations is a pain, they might as well make it new weapon.

Fair enough, either way. The existing animation could simply be tweaked by moving the anchor point to the rim of the disk, but either way is good. 

these are some nice concepts well done. im thinking of posting some stuff too but i have no clue on how to post an image. how do you do that? i tried to just copy paste an image from my PC to my post but it wouldn't let me. im assuming that i need to post my image else where and link it back here? like i said no clue lol. 

these are some nice concepts well done. im thinking of posting some stuff too but i have no clue on how to post an image. how do you do that? i tried to just copy paste an image from my PC to my post but it wouldn't let me. im assuming that i need to post my image else where and link it back here? like i said no clue lol. 

You need the direct URL of the image from wherever it is it's hosted. (Usually left clicking on an image will give you the option to copy it's URL).

Then simply paste it into your post, and surround it at either end with the tags: "%7Boption%7D"and [ /img ]"

You need the direct URL of the image from wherever it is it's hosted. (Usually left clicking on an image will give you the option to copy it's URL).

Then simply paste it into your post, and surround it at either end with the tags: "%7Boption%7D"and [ /img ]"

oh thanks for the info, i guess i can change my current post to this then hehe.