The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinel Weapons. Please Improve On Them Massively.

Innocent_Flower

So currently sentinel weapons have the problem of:

1: Being terribly imbalanced in comparison to one another. Some of them outright suck, some of them are ok, and some are objectively better than another. For instance the Carrier's sweeper outclasses all other sentinel weapons in that it does high damage,has a good firerate, can fire often and actually kills enemies without you needing to give it time to do so. It even performs better than weapons meant to be a class above (Prime weapons and clantech, though the helios' weapon is mostly marred by it being Helios-only.)  

Now currently there's only two tiers of sentinel weapons; Market sentinels (easy to obtain) and non-market sentinels (hard to obtain) If DE were to work under the assumption that deth rifle, laser rifle, sweeper and the burst rifle (on one tier) should be balanced to be equal to one another in worth. Similarly the stinger, deconstructor and prime laser rifle should be equal to one another in worth (and more to an extent more powerful than their lesser counterparts, but not in such a way that getting a T2 weapon invalidates all T1 weapons; Only it's own T1 counterpart. (getting primed deth machine rifle wouldn't invalidate the sweeper or lasers, only the original death rifle)

2: There isn't enough, which is odd, because sentinel weapons should be easy to make. They don't need a model or animations, they can borrow sounds and effects. I'd like to ask that we get packs of sentinel weapon blueprints. 

(work under the assumption that powerful-sounding weapons don't fire often; also, when I mention the name of an already existing weapon, like the hek, I'm simplifying.  don't think I mean that you strap a hek to a sentinel. By 'hek' I'd either mean a puncture-sweeper, or a sentinel shotgun with four shots. Also, explosive weapons have a 'minimum range' )

Ideas include : 

Generic weapon pack(s)

(a few items that are mostly just current weapons with mild changes like fire-rate, clip size and damage types) 

Explosive weapons pack

- mini rocket weapon. 

- Mini-grenade weapon.

- Mini explosive flechete weapon. 

Corpus weapon pack

- Supra-like weapon. 
- mine osprey mines. 

- detron- weapon

Grineer weapon pack

- Miter 

- Gorgon

- hek (puncture) 

- Seeker mine

beam weapon pack

- A burst beam weapon

- a charged beam weapon. (railgun moa?)

- a continuous beam weapon. (All of these in no way invalidating the noble vaporize) 

- A tractor beam, to slow someone down, like the temporal dreg. (might be a good idea for a new sentinel though) 

Elemental weapons pack. 

- A flamethrower. 

- a toxin spray

- a cold spray

- an electric continuous weapon

Ninja pack. 

-Boomerang/shuriken

-A whip. 

-an arrow/bolt/dart weapon. 

Bio-lab pack. (tier 2)

-Phage. 

-Torid

-paracyst

Energy lab pack (t2) 

Amprex

Anti-moa gun

oxium osprey gun. 

Castanas

Chemical lab weapon pack (t2)

Napalm's weapon. 

kohm

buzzlock 

Nukor 

Dragon weapon pack (t2) 

Upgraded versions of other tenno weapons

I've used sentinels so long (and the only viable alternative in my mind is to not-have a sentinel. Sorry, Eternally Frozen kubrows) That I'd like to see them with new abilities, new interesting weapons. New crazy customizations. 

3: sentinel ability augment mods/alternate ability cards please? 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

No.

Because that would be OP. You know.

Compare the dethcubes *machine* rifle to an average assault rifle. Even with maxed fired up and a good build, I can't achieve damage values high enough to even agitate level 30+ enemies. Plus, dethcube's ability, vaporize, absolutely sucks. 900 damage at max and no way to increase it. It becomes useless at higher levels and the machine gun is like a bubble gun. Sentinels also have very low shields and health, when compared to kubrows. They only have 1 revive too. They get hit by an AoE, they die. They revive, get hit by another AoE, and boom.

So, giving sentinels better weapons would not be op, when compared to the other disadvantages they have.