The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Little Lore Help Needed,what Kind Of Ship Was The Zariman Exactly?

GunDownGrace

lots of detail about what went down in the zariman in ember prime codex

but surely the ship couldnt of been entirely populated by children before it went where it did

so if thats the case,what kind of ship was it?war vessel?science ship?some kind of weird orokin space version of an aircraft carrier?

cause if its anything other than a giant flying sarcophagus,it mustve had other crew persons on there

bits and peices of them might be left,which gets me thinking for fanfic ideas

but first i need to make sure it isnt a tomb ship,and then figure out what kind of ship it is

The only speculation I have that is not just a wild guess is that it was a military ship since finding children on a civilian ship would not be that unusual and the codex entry placed more emphasis on the fact that there were children on there in the first place then the fact that there were only children.

Military science vessel. Orokin military were experimenting on kids.

Said experimentation on kids may have even been the catalyst to drive the Tenno to slay their Orokin overlords. Sheer abhorrence at what the Orokin did to innocent children for the sake of creating more Tenno could be a powerful motivator to rebel against one's creators.

Said experimentation on kids may have even been the catalyst to drive the Tenno to slay their Orokin overlords. Sheer abhorrence at what the Orokin did to innocent children for the sake of creating more Tenno could be a powerful motivator to rebel against one's creators.

I got the feeling that the Zariman was a military quarantine ship, sent to be destroyed in the void, but coming out with mutant super children instead.

Military ship lost during making the fold. This was not unusual since the timeline is set in the Void Era.

The Zarimans crew was missing. Children in hiding are still a mystery, but the fact remains that it is more likely the Zarimans re-entry was not planned but an accident.

The Orokin failed to understand the Void. And the Rhino discovery tells us clearly that the Zariman was THE SHIP that was lost. Not one of many.

It holds great importance to the story, perhaps the children were engineered and headed for a science facility.

Maby that allowed for them to live. Maby the ship was the first equipped with void-sheilding, but the crew were killed by the void storm.

Maby it was a failed experiment leading to the discovery of the Void space.

We have only speculation.

Soo, Im guessing its an bad idea to see the Orokin and their primness as Gods then right?, I mean Vor is right?, they are gods,..right?.

I am called an Orokin Zealot for a reason.

Or perhaps it was a normal ship, got stuck in some kind of Warp Storm Void Storm, had years or decades pass instead of the weeks or months outside, and the crew began starting families amongst themselves. But the Gellar Fields Void Shields weren't perfect and Daemons funky void energy started leaking in. The children got mutated upon conception and while growing up, allowing them to survive, but their parents weren't so "adjusted" and perished, leaving the baby mutant space monsters alone.

If u ask me, I would have said it was a cargo ship that was just unfortunate to be caught inside the void and manage to return, with certain side effects.

I always thought that the "children" weren't actually children, but the crew twisted by the void/technocyte virus, degrading them to child like form with powers. According to Excalibur's codex entry "we took the twisted few", we know the void does something to people but it is unclear as to what extent.

The regression to child like form also explains why we can fit into any warframe.

As for why its called the zariman project, probably the project was named after the incident, similar to the Chernobyl

Edited by 321agemo

From what is known, it was had a crew with an unknown purpose that was travelling through the Void, but the text states nothing comes back from such a trip, so this is when the Orokin started using the Void.  It sounds like Zariman was one of the first ships they used when trying to venture into the Void during the Old War.  The kids were most likely stowaways trying to flee the war, chances are they also lost their parents to the whatever happened to the ship's crew.

From what is known, it was had a crew with an unknown purpose that was travelling through the Void, but the text states nothing comes back from such a trip, so this is when the Orokin started using the Void.  It sounds like Zariman was one of the first ships they used when trying to venture into the Void during the Old War.  The kids were most likely stowaways trying to flee the war, chances are they also lost their parents to the whatever happened to the ship's crew.

I do not agree with this one. Nothing about these entries convey a world at war. There is no real urgency or fear of death.

The war is not mentioned, the Sentients or infested are not either.

In fact the Tenno is a myth by the time mankind are sending soldiers to die in Zero-gear.

From what i can pick from that entry is

Whoever sent that ship knew that it would be lost with all the kinds in it.

It was basically and experiment and/or an attempt to study those who survived that place.

Lower ranked people didnt know anything about the Tenno while the higher ranked ones knew everything and kept secrets from leaking.

Orokin guys were desperate as F***.

I do not agree with this one. Nothing about these entries convey a world at war. There is no real urgency or fear of death.

The war is not mentioned, the Sentients or infested are not either.

In fact the Tenno is a myth by the time mankind are sending soldiers to die in Zero-gear.

It's already been explained that the Orokin fled to the Void when other attempts at fighting the Sentients failed, the Tenno were their last attempt at fighting the War. 

Edited by Orcot