The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elemental Frame Combinations

(PSN)SlyFox5679

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/139124-elemental-frame-combinations-in-damage-20/

this link is exactly what i was looking for, since i wanted to start a topic about this very thing and on top of that.

i wanted to mention that water & air should be included in the frame elements and should have mods for water and air

water frame=hydroid air frame=zephier 

i'd throw into the mix hydroid & volts powers since water conducts electric and that undertoe and shock or overload would fry a lot of enemies trapped in undertoe.

another idea could different element combo's for powers like zephers tornado's with much stronger damage since they are elements from powers and not mods.

i think rhino is supposed to be earth element but doesn't seem to have a noticable attack like other elements

i suppose rhino stomp is still an attack but not something that seems like it would contribute to any combo's.

could see a combo with hydroid & saryn making a toxic water element of some kind.

Having Warframe combos such as Hydroid's Undertow and Volt's powers working together to create even stronger elemental damage would be a great addition to the game; however, the pace that this game goes at would make this addition a bit...I don't want to say useless but perhaps..."slow." For one, we kill enemies quickly with OP weapons and use our abilities for that extra damage/support. Having to time Warframe combos would take time obviously and even though that sounds great, the way this game works just makes the typical run and gun tactic more effective.

Having Warframe combos such as Hydroid's Undertow and Volt's powers working together to create even stronger elemental damage would be a great addition to the game; however, the pace that this game goes at would make this addition a bit...I don't want to say useless but perhaps..."slow." For one, we kill enemies quickly with OP weapons and use our abilities for that extra damage/support. Having to time Warframe combos would take time obviously and even though that sounds great, the way this game works just makes the typical run and gun tactic more effective.

I am imagining it sort of like the GW2 combo system, where for the most part AoE skills just create fields that modify certain other abilities. Things like slash-dashing through smokescreen giving you stealth, or shock through a snowglobe causing a magnetic AoE and staggering everything in a small area.

This sort of system just allows you to play off what your allies are already doing without having to go out of the way to do it.

Edited by egregiousRac

Something, something, Oberon and Nekros.

No idea what it would be but maybe the awesomeness of Oberon could combine or rub off on Nekros and make him good.

You are implying that any warframe is inherently good or evil. Just because Nekros is a necromancy based frame does not make him evil, nor does Oberon being a paladiny frame make him inherently good.

That being said, combos would be neat, but with some of the gltiches and bugs currently in the game, I think those should get priority over adding new features that are going to have bugs etc.

I am imagining it sort of like the GW2 combo system, where for the most part AoE skills just create fields that modify certain other abilities. Things like slash-dashing through smokescreen giving you stealth, or shock through a snowglobe causing a magnetic AoE and staggering everything in a small area.

This sort of system just allows you to play off what your allies are already doing without having to go out of the way to do it.

Well in that case, I guess this system could work. But still, DE is going to have to make this worthwhile and actually bring something to the table. I already do see a few problems with this system now that I actually think about it. One problem is, will it be based off on the mod ranks or Warframe rank? Think of it this way, if as you say, shock through a snowglobe will cause a magnetic AoE, will the effect/damage be based on mod ranks/strength, Warframe rank, or will it just have its own separate system?

As much as this system sounds great and useful on paper, there are a few factors that need to be taken into consideration. As it stands, I don't see how DE could pull this off, unless somebody has a viable system/mechanic for this. Also, how would this system synergize with 4 random Warframes? The link that SlyFox5679 posted and the idea in that other topic only seems to work with a few given Warframes. This means that if you want to pull this system off in a match, you are going to have to bring specific Warframes. What if players don't want to use Frost, Saryn, Volt, or Ember? What if the players decide to use Rhino, Loki, Mirage, and Trinity? How would these Warframes' effects/skills synergize with each other? Either DE is going to have to create a new damage/effects or some special secondary Aura/Augment mod slot or create a secondary mod system to work alongside the mod customization system we have right now. By this I mean that we are going to have two upgrade systems, one for the Warframe itself and a second system for the special effects.

Or better yet, we can have a tech tree system implemented as well so that as you rank up your Warframe, you get to select special skill sets/perks that can synergize with specific frames. But this might make us a bit too overpowered and make the overall damage/customization system way too complex and situational since even more factors will have to be taken into consideration.

Well in that case, I guess this system could work. But still, DE is going to have to make this worthwhile and actually bring something to the table. I already do see a few problems with this system now that I actually think about it. One problem is, will it be based off on the mod ranks or Warframe rank? Think of it this way, if as you say, shock through a snowglobe will cause a magnetic AoE, will the effect/damage be based on mod ranks/strength, Warframe rank, or will it just have its own separate system?

As much as this system sounds great and useful on paper, there are a few factors that need to be taken into consideration. As it stands, I don't see how DE could pull this off, unless somebody has a viable system/mechanic for this. Also, how would this system synergize with 4 random Warframes? The link that SlyFox5679 posted and the idea in that other topic only seems to work with a few given Warframes. This means that if you want to pull this system off in a match, you are going to have to bring specific Warframes. What if players don't want to use Frost, Saryn, Volt, or Ember? What if the players decide to use Rhino, Loki, Mirage, and Trinity? How would these Warframes' effects/skills synergize with each other? Either DE is going to have to create a new damage/effects or some special secondary Aura/Augment mod slot or create a secondary mod system to work alongside the mod customization system we have right now. By this I mean that we are going to have two upgrade systems, one for the Warframe itself and a second system for the special effects.

Or better yet, we can have a tech tree system implemented as well so that as you rank up your Warframe, you get to select special skill sets/perks that can synergize with specific frames. But this might make us a bit too overpowered and make the overall damage/customization system way too complex and situational since even more factors will have to be taken into consideration.

given we are talking about frame combo's the damage output would be based around the rank of the power since frames don't really use powers as far as i've seen anymore.

i haven't thought all the way through on this idea as far as non element frames but i'd also figure if your frame doesn't work with the elements then any weapons with elemental mods would be a good substitute. 

having two systems i don't see being too hard for DE to come up with since they have done good work so far

one for the frames and another for the special effects could be done.

hell look at the warframes,weapons and all the mods to use that is one hell of a deep system as it stands

but to me when i see a game with multiple elements i see it should involve combinations of those elements

such as i haven't seen too many games that you can hit an enemy with lighting that is standing in water or anything of that sort.

i've seen this in one or two games that i can think of and in this case "Infamous" series would be good one to point out

and the sequel had the use of electric,fire & ice but i don't remember combo's of the elements really.

I'd also think a new kind of tech tree would add some more depth to the games already interesting system.

I can honestly say this is one of the best games out that is in the F2P catagory 

Edited by (PS4)SlyFox5679

Also, how would this system synergize with 4 random Warframes?

Here is my list of abilities off the top of my head that could be modifiers right now:

Ash - Smoke Screen - Stealth:

Movement abilities that pass through stealth for their duration, breaking agro.

Abilities such as Fireball or Freeze create a miniature Smoke Screen where they hit, blocking enemy vision.

Ember - Fire Blast - Fire

Physical abilities have part of their damage converted to fire, gain a bit of damage, and can fire proc. (Shuriken, Radial Javelin, etc)

Elemental abilities become a combo element with modified affects (Freeze becomes a small AoE blast proc, Shock gains a radiation proc, etc)

Some movement abilities get a chance of a fire proc.

Hydroid's abilities get some AoE DoT (because steam)

Frost - Snowglobe or Avalanche - Ice

Physical abilities can cold proc.
Elemental abilities become a combo element with modified affects (Shock would AoE stagger towards its impact point, Fireball would have a larger explosion radius, etc
Some movement abilities get a chance of a cold proc.
Hydroid's abilities get a guaranteed cold proc.

Hydroid - Undertow - Pool of Water

Electric attacks that hit the puddle deal amplified damage to the enemies inside.

Freeze hitting the puddle will cause all enemies to be cold proc'd when they leave it.

Icewave fired across it will freeze enemies that are hit afterwards solid for a moment .

Fire attacks will cause DoT in the area.

Hydroid - Tempest Barrage and Tentacle Swarm - Water

Fire attacks passing through cause DoT.

Cold procs in the area freeze enemies solid.

Electric attacks are amplified.

Mag - Crush - Magnetic Acceleration

Metal based abilities gain increased speed (if applicable) and deal increased damage.

Some metal based abilities gain magnetic damage or can cause a AoE stagger towards their impact point.

Mirage - Sleight of Hand - Chaos

Acts randomly as any of the other modifiers? This seemed to fit Mirage's style of madness, but might be annoying. It would make this ability more useful though.

Oberon - Hallowed Ground - Radiation and Healing

Physical abilities gain radiation damage.

Hydroids abilities deal radiation damage and heal teammates.

Saryn - Miasma or Molt - Toxin

Physical abilities toxin proc.

Elemental abilities become a combo element with modified affects.

Hydroid's abilities gain toxic damage.

Volt - Electric Shield or Overload - Electric

Physical abilities electric proc.

Elemental abilities become a combo element, etc.

Hydroid's abilities gain electric damage.

This gives 9 of the frames modifiers and most frames could use a fair number of these modifiers. Quite a few more would have logical modifiers but I couldn't think of abilities to put them on off the top of my head.

General stats of the abilities would be based on the caster's stats. The person making the modifier would only control the range or duration where applicable.

Edited by egregiousRac