Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Prime Buff In Line With Other Primes

TTie

no, no it isnt. Its still excal. Excal is a starter frame, you can get him for free.

Yes, yes it is. You can get Excal. You cannot however get Excal Prime. Founders paid to get that frame, and if it were to be buffed, Ex Prime would get an advantage over the regular variant, i.e. Founders would get an exclusive advantage available only through a paid purchase, i.e. pay-to-win.

U mad bro? Haters gonna hate for those who don't have an Excal Prime.

(Just saying, not bragging. All the Founders really do need to be brought in line with the new stuff)

People will hate because the people who have the founders items want them buffed since they're underpowered to new stuff

To be quite fair, that statement was very much you bragging.

I commend you for supporting Warframe in its early stages, but nowadays any and all discussions about changing Excalibur Prime do nothing but feed hate and don't benefit anyone but those select few who have founder status.

Check the wiki and compare the stats of Excalibur Prime, Lato Prime and Skana Prime to all the new weapons and other Primes. I don't use the weapins because they are so underpowered. Non founders complain because they don't have them. Founders complain because they have them, but they don't compare to the Newer weapons and primes at all

To be quite fair, that statement was very much you bragging.

I commend you for supporting Warframe in its early stages, but nowadays any and all discussions about changing Excalibur Prime do nothing but feed hate and don't benefit anyone but those select few who have founder status.

My apologies, I will edit that post and remove it. It seriously was not my intent to brag.

Yes, yes it is. You can get Excal. You cannot however get Excal Prime. Founders paid to get that frame, and if it were to be buffed, Ex Prime would get an advantage over the regular variant, i.e. Founders would get an exclusive advantage available only through a paid purchase, i.e. pay-to-win.

To be fair, that already exists, since bright purity can be used on skana prime. All I want is consistency, if every other prime frame gets a passive buff, I think excal prime should too. If he's the last one to get buffed, that's fine, I just him to be in line with the others.

To be honest I am a bit sad that all Prime warframes are better than their normal verisons except Excalibur Prime. Stats are the same, the only change is looks and polarities... It's a bit sad. Maybe that's because in my mind, I always believed that Excal Prime was like other primes, with a bit better stats in compare to their non-primed versions. What do you guys think?

Excalibur Prime is an Icon of Warframe and its debute. I think it deserves better...

Frost and mag have no passive bonus's.

Frost and excal also suffer old prime visuals. ...:/

But mynki seems touchy about revisiting designs, so they'll probably remain under-par in comparison.

Check the wiki and compare the stats of Excalibur Prime, Lato Prime and Skana Prime to all the new weapons and other Primes. I don't use the weapins because they are so underpowered. Non founders complain because they don't have them. Founders complain because they have them, but they don't compare to the Newer weapons and primes at all

Very much hope this grand anti-powercreep balancing coming up tackles this.

So basically buffing Excal Prime with a passive like all the other prime frames are going to get = Totally unfair and I'm going to riot at DE headquarters until they revert it?

Everyone here wanting this "buff" are asking that Excal Prime be brought in line stat wise with his normal frame (if he's not already, haven't used him for a while, been farming for Mesa) and giving him a passive like Rhino, Nyx, Loki and Nova have along with hopefully Ember, Mag and Frost soon.

Though Ember Prime is apparently getting a 25 boost of armour over normal Ember, so that might be Ember Prime's buff or they might give her another one like they did with Nova (+25 shields and +25 energy).  

Edited by NovusNova

Are You F***ing kidding me? Since you have the chance of Buy the founder's pack, you knowed you will buying an Stupid LATO AND SKANA PRIME.  

What do you think, they will be a Top Weapon like Brakk or Ichors? No dude, you buyed a LATO AND A SKANA 

Edited by Shadow_TheNoob

Frost and mag have no passive bonus's.

Frost and excal also suffer old prime visuals. ...:/

But mynki seems touchy about revisiting designs, so they'll probably remain under-par in comparison.

Then those Primes should also be tweaked to be in line with other Primes.

Meh, give him a buff along the lines of other Primes.

If they revisit older Primes like Frost and Ember (iirc Ember P is getting a stat buff), why not Excal?

As a non-founder I am indifferent at best.

I still run my normal Loki over Loki P sometimes, and my Excal will be no worse off if Excal P is buffed.

Edit: Yep, according to Dev Workshop Ember P will get 25 more armor, not a lot I know, but I'd rather all primes had stat increases than just some.

Edited by Egg_Chen

No. You can't have an exclusive like Excal Prime, and then buff it too. That's simply not fair to non-founders.

I kind of sort of agree with this.

On one hand, Excal Prime REALLY needs a buff, of some kind.

On the other, it would be completely unfair to everyone who doesn't have him.  So any buff to one Excal needs to be given to both.

By this logic, Prime Access is pay to win (it sort of is) so the difference here is that it can no longer be obtained. Why not bring it  in line with current primes? By buffing/adding a passive ability ? Primes are supposta be better than their vanilla counterparts. Not exactly the same

Are You F***ing kidding me? Since you have the chance of Buy the founder's pack, you knowed you will buying an Stupid LATO AND SKANA PRIME.  

What do you think, they will be a Top Weapon like Brakk or Ichors? No dude, you buyed a LATO AND A SKANA 

Bro, Founders packs were around before the Skana and Lato were as weak as they are now. It was a different time. Calm down with the caps lock

Edited by armedpoop

By this logic, Prime Access is pay to win (it sort of is) so the difference here is that it can no longer be obtained.

I'm not saying I agree with him but the very reason you stated is what would make it "p2w" being that you can't get it in game for free anymore unlike the prime access stuff which is all available in game for free.

Eh...

My take is that if one Prime has "a little something extra", they all should.

That said, Excal Prime isn't where that re-look train needs to start...

Ember Prime is.

While Ember is the first truly good looking Prime, she got the shaft on polarities and extras, imo.

Personally, they need to just release an Excal Prime MK-2 as a non-timed market exclusive and let the artist/designer who did Loki Prime go nuts with a complete re-design.

That won't stop all of the W,B,&M'ing about Founder's, but it would stop most of it.

I'm not saying I agree with him but the very reason you stated is what would make it "p2w" being that you can't get it in game for free anymore unlike the prime access stuff which is all available in game for free.

Not all "Prime Access" is available still. I still kick myself for missing out on the prime extractors and Misa Prime. My point was that Excal prime buff or no buff is still only as P2W as Prime access. The gear is available still, but not the actual packs.

Nothing would disgust me more than if Excalibur Prime was buffed. The elitism he creates already is bad enough without the founder "master race" having even more of an advantage over the people who were unlucky enough to discover this game after the founder packs were discontinued.

It's hilarious how the only people who say he needs a buff are founders, while everyone else hates the idea.

elitism? please don't insult founders by comparing us to the horrible few :( Be honest with yourself....is it our fault that they didn't know about the game? Is it our fault that others weren't able to get the packs before its discontinuation? no right? so don't treat founders any different from other players please. im neutral on the whole buff thing but i will not stand for this kind of insult. 

Meh, give him a buff along the lines of other Primes.

If they revisit older Primes like Frost and Ember (iirc Ember P is getting a stat buff), why not Excal?

As a non-founder I am indifferent at best.

I still run my normal Loki over Loki P sometimes, and my Excal will be no worse off if Excal P is buffed.

Edit: Yep, according to Dev Workshop Ember P will get 25 more armor, not a lot I know, but I'd rather all primes had stat increases than just some.

yea if other primes are getting something added then im down with it but whatever the devs decide im cool with it.

Eh...

My take is that if one Prime has "a little something extra", they all should.

That said, Excal Prime isn't where that re-look train needs to start...

Ember Prime is.

While Ember is the first truly good looking Prime, she got the shaft on polarities and extras, imo.

Personally, they need to just release an Excal Prime MK-2 as a non-timed market exclusive and let the artist/designer who did Loki Prime go nuts with a complete re-design.

That won't stop all of the W,B,&M'ing about Founder's, but it would stop most of it.

I disagree with the premise of your excal prime mk-2 it wouldnt address anything really as people would still be missing out on an "exclusive" piece of gear. I dont get why the founders get so much flak when event and other time exclusive items/weapons etc are prevalent in the game. Back to your post I would love another version of excal to level though so I am all in favor or another excal prime version, I just dont think it will solve any problems / make people less butt hurt

From what I've seen, one of the main arguments that keep more people from being upset about founders is that Excal, Lato and Skana P all weren't that greatly buffed compared to their regular counterparts.

Buffing any founders' items will really just cause more problems with those who want to see their return. Threads arguing founder exclusivity would most likely flood the forum. I'm not personally against buffing Excal P, but it won't put DE in a great spot with the community if they do it while the whole founders' issue is still tender. 

From what I've seen, one of the main arguments that keep more people from being upset about founders is that Excal, Lato and Skana P all weren't that greatly buffed compared to their regular counterparts.

Buffing any founders' items will really just cause more problems with those who want to see their return. Threads arguing founder exclusivity would most likely flood the forum. I'm not personally against buffing Excal P, but it won't put DE in a great spot with the community if they do it while the whole founders' issue is still tender. 

While agree wholly with this post, the Founders issue shouldnt be tender anymore. Its been 2 years. The fact that anybody can still be butt hurt about this is mind boggling. 

Sure id love to get me an Excal Prime, but im not gonna cry and moan that something that needs to be buffed that I dont have access to is actually getting that buff.

Nothing would disgust me more than if Excalibur Prime was buffed. The elitism he creates already is bad enough without the founder "master race" having even more of an advantage over the people who were unlucky enough to discover this game after the founder packs were discontinued.

It's hilarious how the only people who say he needs a buff are founders, while everyone else hates the idea.

You know what actually is hilarious? The way you make a joke of yourself with this kind of attitude..... 

It´s sad that all this hate goes against those who invested money into an unsure product and tested the hell out of a few levels and a few little frames.....