The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Prime Buff In Line With Other Primes

TTie

Dont get me wrong, I don't want other Excalibur version for me, but for ppl that whine. Im fine with Excalibur Prime being exclusive, and he should get a buff, along with Lato Prime (Skana is fine as it is I think, with this new Augment mod), but then ppl gonna start calling it P2W (Which is nonsens imo, some slight buff don't gonna make you OP).

Edited by markus230

The problem was never a simple small buff or the power level.

People could virtually have Excalibur Prime if they threw a few forma in their normal Excalibur, yet Excalibur isn't considered high tier at all. He may have had his uses on some farms but that's it.

If he got a minor buff, it won't change that. Loki isn't less viable than Loki Prime. He has more energy, but Loki himself had a high value to begin with.

Excalibur Prime already is pay-to-win, if you want. You get energy from those laser balls in void. That's an advantage, no other Excal player will have. Totally gamebreaking. :D

I wouldn't say they are so few... look at the names on each planet. That's only the grandmasters.

Excalibur Prime was handed out even to the hunter level. So everyone who invested more than just the entry level of founder package got an Excal Prime.

Ok, compared to the whole player base, it may really be a few, not counting those who already quit, but nevertheless he belongs to the meta like every other item in the game and thus should be treated as such.

Yes, but he's restricted to the PC; the PS4 and XB1 don't have Excal Prime at all.  There's no sense in giving attention to a frame that's only on one version when SO MUCH MORE GAME needs that attention and affects everyone.

Edit: I will agree though that all prime frames need a buff.  I feel like there's no incentive to earn/buy them when they're identical to the vanilla frames, except for aesthetic differences and a polarity slot.

Edited by (PS4)IkariWarrior83

*pokes head in*

Wow, this argument is still going on? Weird.

Just a reminder that us founders don't actually want this outside of a very small minority. The rest of us will just keep being happy not doing something that benefits nobody and serves no purpose except to make people angry.

Any resentment towards Excalibro Prime currently is unjustified. That's entitlement and being whiny. It's little more than a souvenir, and being angry about someone having a souvenir you don't is, at best, ridiculous. Any resentment towards Excalibro Prime with a stat boost would be justified. That's a gameplay affecting advantage that will never, under any circumstances, ever be available again, which is never, under any circumstances, ever fair.

I would gladly join the undoubtedly large crowd of people calling for it to be reverted if this mistake were to ever be made (not that DE would actually revert it, you know how they are). A change with the goal of inciting resentment is a bad change.

event....weapons......enough said

It's quite funny.

Most non-founder response: Remove exclusivity.

Most fiunder responce: Keep exclusivity.

Now that's a surprise.

i've opted for those of us who wish to trade our prime vairents of founders items to be able to do so with some severe limits emplaced, but i've been shot down by the rest of the founders, so....yea i tried lol

i've opted for those of us who wish to trade our prime vairents of founders items to be able to do so with some severe limits emplaced, but i've been shot down by the rest of the founders, so....yea i tried lol

I honor your generous soul, but this is not a good idea in my opinion. Look at Primed Chamber and certain arcane helmets. Excal Primes price would skyrocket and lose it's symbolic representstion.

*shoots you down too* ;)

They don't have a lot of other stuff as well, but this is no reason to slack off balancing.

How much imbalance is there with a frame that...how many people have?  How many founders are there?

I will reiterate that I agree that ALL prime frames need a buff, including Excal prime.  I have no incentive to farm for Nova Prime when vanilla nova is easier to acquire and it would be plain faster to get her to 30 and pop formas in her.

How much imbalance is there with a frame that...how many people have?  How many founders are there?

I will reiterate that I agree that ALL prime frames need a buff, including Excal prime.  I have no incentive to farm for Nova Prime when vanilla nova is easier to acquire and it would be plain faster to get her to 30 and pop formas in her.

Then how many should exist so it can be considered imbalanced? They are part of the meta and if someone is in your team, he represents 25% of your environment and thus your current meta.

Edited by SIDESTRE4M

Then how many should exist so it can be considered imbalanced? They are part of the meta and if someone is in your team, he represents 25% of your environment and thus your current meta.

Whoopie, the Excalibur Prime on your team will potentially have 20 more hitpoints or a more redundantly large pool of energy than your normal Excalibur. Because when I bring a Nova along with my friends Nova Prime I just can't do ANYTHING because of how AMAZING the gold and the minor stat differentiation rustles my jimmies somehow nullifies functionally identical powers.

If Excalibur Prime gets the stat boost he deserves it's not going to make normal frames any less effective. When Loki Prime was released and I was still running my normal Loki, I really didn't notice any difference in play. I didn't see any Loki Primes do anything I could better in anyway, as it made nothing about anyone's playstyle different save for being able to spam abilities way more than is even necessary. 

When I GOT Loki Prime I STILL didn't notice a difference unless I really forced myself to. 

Same with Rhino and Rhino Prime. 

It really doesn't have as big an impact on gameplay as all of you naysayers are trying to blow out of proportion to be.

It's a damned luxury. Not a necessity. So there's no reason for this buff not to happen beyond entitled whiners and holier than thou theatrics. 

Edited by Hastur609

Like I said somewhere above, I see it somewhat neutral, but when people insist on arguing against it...

Funny thing though, I said the same than you somewhere above. But if I were you, I wouldn't bother reading this whole topic if you weren't already into it.

Like I said somewhere above, I see it somewhat neutral, but when people insist on arguing against it...

Funny thing though, I said the same than you somewhere above. But if I were you, I wouldn't bother reading this whole topic if you weren't already into it.

Unfortunately I have been. The whole thing's just people talking this into circles, it ought to be locked. 

Edited by Hastur609

That's because nobody else has him...

and nobody else will. us founders would have a frame  that nobody else can have that would also be really strong. He's not an event frame, he's not a strun wraith or a snipetron vandal, he's a paid frame that is only available by money from a certain time. this would be like saying 'okay guys, next prime access will feature a prime vectis that has innate punchthrough and a 50% crit chance. it will not drop in the void after this pack is gone'

He was and always will be, just for show. That's how he should be. A status symbol, a bragging right saying 'yeah, i was there from the start. I helped fund this game. you're welcome' He is not about showing off and nuking everything like the other primes, he's about showing your love and support of the game. That's all.

He should not ever be as strong as other primes, he should not be a buff and a better version of excal regular, at least until we can have something that can take the place of 'founder exclusive warframe.' Once that happens, THEN he can have a buff. Not before then.

Edited by theammostore

Until they release excalibur prime on consoles don't expect any changes to it. And tbh even if/when they do, it being exclusive on pc will still put a stop to it. And even if they both release founders packs on consoles and return them on sale to pc, this would still be problematic since excalibur prime is exclusive to these packs, which means it's a pay only item.

my bad yea ur right sorry... just dont get why the other primes are accessable but excal is excluded. poster boy should still be puttin work on ps4, pc and xb1.  i wonder if DE will bring him back

DE has stated he is never coming back. Also, they could face legal issues as Excal P (and the rest of the founder stuff) was said to be exclusive and other players won't be able to get it. I highly doubt someone would sue over it, but DE wouldn't release him.