The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Prime Buff In Line With Other Primes

TTie

No. You can't have an exclusive like Excal Prime, and then buff it too. That's simply not fair to non-founders.

Wah wah wah! I'm a little sad because I don't have this and you do! Well guess what: They don't care! I would love to see a buff for Excal Prime, he deserves it, after all, he is a Prime. I don't even have him! I'm on freaking PS4!

judging by all the blue it could be prisma, the color scheme matches at least it probably just serves the purpose of justify a warframe with pieces of corpus tech still hanging, i'd prefer if they used it for another frame and just made a valkyr prime without corpus bits that at least looks something like valkyr

It's a skin, like the proto-skin for excal and the nemesis skin for Nyx. They already said that! No more speculation about something that is confirmed!

Hence why I want everything to become skins for base items. That cuts out all the power creep we've been having from the endless number of variants cropping up.

That's a terrible idea that would kill virtually all progression mechanics in the game.

Let's be honest, who's going to farm for days to weeks to months (depending on RNG) for the a mere skin? Not many people, that's who. Problem is, DE makes bank off of plat sales, plat which then goes into the trade economy. So if you disincentivize buying stuff through trade chat by making it worthless cosmetics, you harm DE's bottom line by reducing plat sales.

And of course there's prime access. I'm a huge fan of Nova Prime and Soma Prime, enough that I bought the biggest one. But if they were just skins? I'd just farm them eventually because who cares, cosmetics don't provide me anything of value beyond e-peen.

In short, no, "power creep" is not a thing and you should feel bad for suggesting this as a solution to the "problem."

How is it pay to win when you can't buy it anymore?  Please correct me if I'm wrong but isn't pay to win where a player purchases items with real world money in order to excel in any and all content, and said items are always available? 

Changing Excal Prime wouldn't give any of the Founders the ability to excel at any and all content and the 'frame isn't available to purchase anymore.  How is pay to win?

Because they used money to get it, and it would be better (more so than now anyway) than the normal excal which is the only frame non founders have.

Let's say that starting in 2 hours, with no warning, potatoes become available through real money only for the next 3 months, they are no longer released via random node, and after said 3 months they stop being released all together. By your logic, it isn't pay to win because we were able to buy them before.

And no matter what, it would be pay to win if excal prime gets a buff without an equal buff to the regular excal, or unless there is another special version of excal with the same stats as the buffed excal.

Because they used money to get it, and it would be better (more so than now anyway) than the normal excal which is the only frame non founders have.

Let's say that starting in 2 hours, with no warning, potatoes become available through real money only for the next 3 months, they are no longer released via random node, and after said 3 months they stop being released all together. By your logic, it isn't pay to win because we were able to buy them before.

And no matter what, it would be pay to win if excal prime gets a buff without an equal buff to the regular excal, or unless there is another special version of excal with the same stats as the buffed excal.

I'm sorry but I still don't see how putting Excal to where is should as pay to win, power creep or "unfair." 

He's a Prime, Primes get passive buffs, he should have a Prime passive.

And your analogy, no it's still not pay to win.  Potatoes help but are not required nor do they make you top tier, above everyone else.  That's the thing to makes pay to win.  

Guys,GUYS, chill out, please! Seriously speaking we should no worry... Excal will get an upgrade and most certainly they will buff up the prime one...DE did say and show the new changes... I love this dispute but we should wait until that happen and see...don't u think?

It's a skin, like the proto-skin for excal and the nemesis skin for Nyx. They already said that! No more speculation about something that is confirmed!

how is that even relevant? i was commenting on the art style, i never said it would be another valkyr with different stats and i said that it looks too good to waste it on a reskin.

Guys,GUYS, chill out, please! Seriously speaking we should no worry... Excal will get an upgrade and most certainly they will buff up the prime one...DE did say and show the new changes... I love this dispute but we should wait until that happen and see...don't u think?

the main point of the discussion is to debate about excal prime getting STAT buffs ala volt prime,there's absolutely no doubt whatsoever about excal prime  being  subject to upcoming ability reworks

Edited by bl4ckhunter

so by your definition, primed chamber should cease to exist. although it was a reward for an event, players can use real money to buy it off others. so P2W. take out all the primed chambers in game. 

To use that logic, then, Excalibur Prime shouldn't be able to use the Proto-Excalibur skin.

The hoops people jump through just to reason out how things they can't have deserve to be soiled. 

All other Prime Frames get to use their non-Primed counterpart's skins. Not only is your insistence on Primes being skins going to make the idea of obtaining them redundant, but in this instance it's hypocritical.

I for one think it's stupid that Primed weapons can't use base weapon skins when it comes down to simply swapping the models. The Scindo Prime used to be able to use it's model swapping skins (Dagger Axe / Manticore) but it was removed because reasons.  But it's not about that. 

This entire thread is essentially entitled brats whining over someone owning something they can't and wanting to soil it for the people that DO have it. 

Just because it's a video game doesn't mean real world logic and ideals don't apply, that doesn't mean you all shouldn't man up, act like adults, and get over it. 

People are going to have things you do not, do you ask the president to piss in their cornflakes because they have a nicer car than you? Should Porsche's get wooden tires because you don't own one?

I for one think it's stupid that Primed weapons can't use base weapon skins when it comes down to simply swapping the models. The Scindo Prime used to be able to use it's model swapping skins (Dagger Axe / Manticore) but it was removed because reasons.  But it's not about that. 

unless it was changed since i last checked, scindo prime isn't allowed to use the skins cause they give stat boosts. vanilla scindo is fine since it's not as good as the prime but with the added stats it seems like a bit too much

Let's remove all prime advantages then. make primes solely skins so everybody wins 

That's actually a great idea from a balance perspective.

Primes should be about achievement, not grinding away dozens of hours so your nyx has 50 more armor, or your rhino runs faster.

That's the kind of benefits Mods are supposed to provide.

Let's take this even further - Get rid of all Primes.  No one wins and everyone is happy.

even FURTHER! get rid of everything related to warframe and make this another COD clone :D no more worry about mastery, founders/non founders, nothing just mindless garbage mongrels think is a game

Primes should be about achievement, not grinding away dozens of hours so your nyx has 50 more armor, or your rhino runs faster.

then again without stat buffs, nobody would bother with the grind at all

Eh.  The lore supports the buffs though.  The Primes were supposed to be the first and the best, everything else is a copy.  And like copies, it's not quite as good as the original, so having a little less armor and being a little slower makes sense.

Eh.  The lore supports the buffs though.  The Primes were supposed to be the first and the best, everything else is a copy.  And like copies, it's not quite as good as the original, so having a little less armor and being a little slower makes sense.

I feel like the more of anything that's produced, the more refined the technique is. Problems that were encountered before can be predicted and the process as a whole can be streamlined and improved. Contrary to what Gilgamesh might tell you, copies are probably more likely to be superior, assuming the manufacturers didn't straight up get lazy.

Lore =/= Gameplay.

If lore translated to gameplay, Corpus weapons would be on par with primes, because Corpus have the technology to do that.

We'd also never be able to encounter any advanced enemy types, because as far as lore goes, we thwarted any attempts at their development.

Lore =/= Gameplay.

If lore translated to gameplay, Corpus weapons would be on par with primes, because Corpus have the technology to do that.

We'd also never be able to encounter any advanced enemy types, because as far as lore goes, we thwarted any attempts at their development.

Those are two very contradictory statements.

Lore =/= Gameplay.

Lore does not equal gameplay, you are correct.  Lore does support game mechanics however.

And I agree, the Corpus would have much better weaponry, but I never said our lore was finished or made sense, just that the lore we have now supports the buffs.