The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Prime Buff In Line With Other Primes

TTie

I dont get why you are talking about these guys who WANTS Excal Prime again and again... That isnt the topic in this case.

It will solve your problems; Excal gets a buff and will still be exclusive as F***, while the normal players can also play a better Excal - just with a lesser shiny look.

Because it wont fix the problem of none-Founders and completionists wanting Excal Prime.  He'll always be that one 'frame they can't get and it'll drive them bonkers.  

Adding a new Excal will just create two more factions that will yell, the ones that are glad he came out and demand the same for the others and the ones that demand his removal because it falls into the same category of reskinning weapons.

Imagine if I, by myself, Had Trinity prime and nobody could get it because I'm special and won some event or bought the frame during a tiny window that you weren't online for or somethin'.

Except the reality of the situation was that the window for the founder package was on for practically a year. Hell, I knew about the founder package months in advance and decided not to grab until I could afford it in the final month.

Lol at all of this.

My serious opinion on this? Excally Prime should get a buff. Founders kickstarted this game and then get pooped on by the people that enjoy the game after it got on its feet, not cool.

I agree he should get the buff, he's still played by hundreds of players and deserves to be updated with the rest of the Primes.  

Because it wont fix the problem of none-Founders and completionists wanting Excal Prime.  He'll always be that one 'frame they can't get and it'll drive them bonkers.  

Adding a new Excal will just create two more factions that will yell, the ones that are glad he came out and demand the same for the others and the ones that demand his removal because it falls into the same category of reskinning weapons.

Yeah, you get it. Than why change Excal Prime at all?

The reason why other Primes are better version is that they are available for everyone - thats simply not the case for Excal Prime - so why change?

The reason why other Primes are better version is that they are available for everyone - thats simply not the case for Excal Prime - so why change?

No, the reason Primes are better is because they were the "first" version of that 'frame.  

Because the founders deserve it.

No, the reason why the Primes are better are because they were the first, the Alphas, the best.

Edited by AlphaHorseman

Yeah - when I look at the other primed frames out there I see a lot of better versions. But you know what? They arnt exclusive.

Exclusivity doesn't mean it isn't a Prime. The Founders LAID DOWN THEIR SUPPORT to ensure that we ALL could play this game.

Excal Prime is a Prime WarFrame. Following Lore and simple logic, he deserves to be on par with other Prime Frames.

Edited by AlphaHorseman

Yeah - when I look at the other primed frames out there I see a lot of better versions. But you know what? They arnt exclusive.

So?  It's a change that doesn't affect you in the slightest and is a nod at the people that helped found this game that you're enjoying.  

I'm not saying we should bend over and kiss the feet of every Founder that walks by, but we shouldn't be shafting them on upgrades just because you and I can't enjoy them. 

So?  It's a change that doesn't affect you in the slightest and is a nod at the people that helped found this game that you're enjoying.  

I'm not saying we should bend over and kiss the feet of every Founder that walks by, but we shouldn't be shafting them on upgrades just because you and I can't enjoy them. 

That buff would affect me - theoratically; if I start playing Excal I dont want to play a weaker version with - like I already said a thousand times - no chance of getting the better one. Is that really so hard to understand?

That buff would affect me - theoratically; if I start playing Excal I dont want to play a weaker version with - like I already said a thousand times - no chance of getting the better one. Is that really so hard to understand?

What I'm understanding is that you want to hold back improvements on a 'frame, just because you can't have it.  

By your "theoretical" argument, are you going to ask DE to remove the stats boosts from the event weapons you don't have, just because you like the regular version but can't get the dex/vandel/wraith version?

<--- Still a founder

Just want to point this out: we don't feel shafted in the slightest. There's no reason that Excalibro Prime needs to get some kind of "haha, we hate you, everyone else" buff.

Stop trying to make an issue out of nothing.

Edited by Turnoverman

What I'm understanding is that you want to hold back improvements on a 'frame, just because you can't have it.  

By your "theoretical" argument, are you going to ask DE to remove the stats boosts from the event weapons you don't have, just because you like the regular version but can't get the dex/vandel/wraith version?

Nail_in_a_block_of_wood.jpg 

I dont want to tell it "improvements"... if you think just a second about all other newer players. I've no problem with visual-exclusivity at all - just with exclusive powercreeps, because I think that is in long terms an unhealthy way for that game. And yes, I've generally a problem with similar cases (remember the Arcane-Helm-Dilemma). But Excal Prime is something special - because thats the only exclusive where DE has confirmed it will never be available again. All other exclusives have at least a small chance of beeing reintroduced.

@Turnoverman: Im not trying to create a problem - I try to help for solving one (dont sure if you mean me).

Edited by Monster-T

<--- Still a founder

Just want to point this out: we don't feel shafted in the slightest. There's no reason that Excalibro Prime needs to get some kind of "haha, we hate you, everyone else" buff.

How is giving him a passive to go with every other Prime for the sake of consistency even close to that? 

Most everyone on here fighting against this and dragging this thread in pointless circles are people whining and being fickle because they weren't around to contribute to Warframe when the Founders program was available. 

Making nothing out of something because they just can't wrap it around their heads that someone's going to have something they can't and trying to claw it away from them in any way they can. 

Edited by Hastur609

<--- Still a founder

Yeah, the 10+ Founders in the first 4 pages disagree with you, as well as the Founder that started the thread.

And your status as Founder was not in question.

Edited by Noamuth

DE's marketing department would be my first answer. DE in general for not having an attractive game at the time, or someone's parents who didn't give birth to them early enough for them to be old enough play warframe two years ago, or perhaps the various factors (war, economy crash,personal loss, ilness or injury) during that period and you don't always have time or the resources to play online-video games during a period of poverty. Do I need more reasons why this quote is foolish? 

My point is that, none of these things makes it "unfair" for you not to have Excalibur Prime. None of these things makes it "unfair" for DE to bring Excalibur Prime up-to-par stat-wise with the other Prime Warframes. It doesn't matter whether you were old enough then, or whether you heard about Warframe then, or whether it wasn't available on your platform then. Non-Founders still weren't the ones who put a large amount of money (money that could've bought a number of high-quality, AAA games) into this game in its infancy. That's my point. I personally am all for Excalibur Prime getting re-released, but Founders will have to be reimbursed in some form if it is re-released because, again, it's a legal issue. Based on how DE sold the Founders Program, they would have to pay back the Founders. But in no way is it unfair to non-Founders to rework Excalibur Prime, whether visually or stat-wise.

Men... did you have even understand what I've tryed to say?

Where is your problem with my idea of buffing Excal Prime but in exchange make an statwise equal Excal (not visually equal - maybe a Dragon Excal) available for those players, who hadnt the chance of buying him? I dont get it why you're dont can accept a win-win situation...

My issue isn't with some new version of Excalibur being released. It's with your saying that it'd be "unfair" if they didn't. And I've just explained why it wouldn't be unfair. That's all. It's only fair to the Founders that Excalibur Prime not be forgotten when it is in need of a slight stat buff, and again, the only thing that makes sense, imo, is a stamina buff, since Excalibur Prime, and Excalibur, are melee-based frames. Honestly, I'd say that both should receive a stamina buff, and then Excalibur Prime should receive a larger buff so that the Prime version does have one stat that is better than the non-Prime version.

Edited by AntoineFlemming