Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 15.11

DE_Adam

panthera is FINE. quit whining that you can't bring it to a T4

It is not fine. The Miter which is used to build the Panthera is better in almost every way. More damage, more damage, better ammo economy, and overall is just better. The one thing the Panthera has over Miter is that it has higher impact, but with impact being the worst base damage type that doesn't mean a whole lot.

How on earth did you screw up World of Fire so badly. It is objectively worse in every regard.

Damage and Range stayed the same, and its cost didn't go down.

Instead, its 50 energy + 5/second, meaning that its more expensive if you have duration mods to bring it over 10 seconds, than it was prior. With 30 seconds of duration, plus streamline, it now costs me 140 energy instead of 70.

Pretty much you made it cost more, in exchange for a free Natural Talent.

Let's also not forget the broken targeting mechanic which makes it not so much an aoe as a 3 target repeat.

It is not fine. The Miter which is used to build the Panthera is better in almost every way. More damage, more damage, better ammo economy, and overall is just better. The one thing the Panthera has over Miter is that it has higher impact, but with impact being the worst base damage type that doesn't mean a whole lot.

I disagree I never uses the miter but find myself using the Penthra more. And also that alt fire is god mode

Ember Changes:

• Base Stamina increased to 150.
  •  
  • Base armour increased to 100 (125 for Ember Prime)
  •  
  • Movement Speed increase.
  •  
  • Fire Blast has had a mechanic added. In addition to placing a ring of fire on casting location, it will now also generate a growing wall of fire (like the Arson Eximus ability).
  •  
  • World On Fire is now a toggle ability with a 50 Energy cost on cast. It will drain 5 energy over time as well as consider your power duration (affected by mods).
  •  
  • World on Fire has had its casting time reduced

I like to have a bit of a review with this changes:

1. Stamina Increase OK

2. Base Armour increase OK that was really needed

3. Movement Speed Increased OK well not really needed but nice

4. Fireblast = Super cool now but no one care about duration of the ring anymore / spam all the rings around

5. World on Fire .....

First you give us Energy packs to use at emergencys...

than you got the stupid idea when someone got energy drained a Energy pack does not provide Energy so an Energy pack is totally useless in an emergency with as example a Nix, Mirage or a Mesa...

now you actually give us an Ember ult that works exactly like Mirages ult that we cannot use the Energy restore packs when we would need them!!!!

Make the dam Ember ult last as long as you have mana (like Nix or Mesa) or change the dam Energy restore packs back to the way it was that we can get Energy while Energy is drained. Casting 50 Engergy + 5 Energy drain per Sec duration as long as you have Energy it would be that simple.

Maybe as addition a decrease of the movement speed as long as WoF is on.

This Ult change just gave me Eye Cancer because it is a serious nerf for Ember towards her already limited potential that only goes against infested.

Something like that would be great on Valkyr ult but at Ember it just suck extremly hard.

6. Decreased Cast time OK thats something nice to hear

Most of the changes are nice but the WoF change just sucks

"putting Ember back to the storage until a real buff for her appears"

Edited by Letter13
Removed profanity

DE

As much as I like you taking another look at Ember and her more fancy Twin there is something you clearly have missed. (Or at least I hope you missed it as it would be really strange if that really was intentionally)

Wat you did is the following:

Before Ember Buff:

Stock Lvl 30 Ember WoF: 100 energy on cast with 10 sec duration = 100 Energy for 10 Secs

Max Duration WoF: 100 energy on cast with 25 sec duration= 100 Energy for 25 Secs

After Ember Buff (aka 15.11):

Stock Lvl 30 Ember WoF: 50 energy cast + 5 energy/second with 10 sec duration = 100 Energy for 10 Secs <--NO CHANGE WITH BASE DURATION

Max Duration WoF: 50 energy on cast +  5 energy/second with 25 sec duration = 175 Energy for 25 Secs     <--Costs 75 ENERGY MORE THAN BEFORE PATCH WITH NO BENEFITS WHATSOEVER

I guess I made my point with that caps lock (yes I know I am a bad person.... I'm terribly sorry), which is you basically nerfed her ultimate which clearly wasn't the point of that update.

So here is a little suggestion of what I personally would like to see:

Eliminate Duration from Embers Ultimate while you keep the energy cost as it is now. Which means Cast costs 50 energy + 5 energy/sec until you are out of energy or turn it off via toggle. Also make it so you can't pickup any energy while the Ultimate is running.

Basically that would be the same way that Mesa and Nyx work with the only difference that Ember does not need to be stationary.

And while you are at it you could also increase base range slightly to 18 meters or something like that

PS: maybe increase the energy costs if it is to "cheap" with Fleeting Expertise and Steamline .... yes I am looking at you 75% energy efficiency cap

Anyway thanks for the other Ember Buffs DE, good work with them

To be fair, this would be better as an augment, as this would further cement frosts role as the guy who stands next to the pod all the time. At least now he can venture out of it.

Unless of course there was a way to toggle placing them down and carrying them.

But im talking about this only aestheticaly. Not to use the globes like the ice eximus. Maybe I explained wrong sorry. Anyway as an augment or syndicate mod could be cool too

RIP in peace game difficulty, it was fun while it lasted.

When are you going to take away the disadvantages of the rest of the frames?

Loki needs some health and shields, bros.

if all the frames had no weaknesses, we'd practically steamroll through the solar system. i disagree with loki health and shield buff; some frames need to be harder to use, especially the ones that provide loads of utility and are not affected by enemy scaling.

btw, mesa melee bug still not fixed: http://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/384193-mesa-melee-bug/

p.s. RIP means "rest in peace"

p.p.s. sarcasm noted, but posted in case people actually start asking for loki buff

Edited by Shy0

Embers ult is not toggleable it seems, I still have a timer, unsure if this intended as the stated plans listed WoF as toggleable.

It is toggleable. It's the same as prism. Toggle with a max time connected to duration. 

World On Fire is now a toggle ability with a 50 Energy cost on cast. It will drain 5 energy over time as well as consider your power duration (affected by mods).

I'd rather it spend 100 energy and be based on power duration duration.

Having it cost 50 energy doesn't mean I can cast it early because of the constant drain. However if I do have high energy levels then it's just going to stop at it's regular time because of the duration. If I were to have a high duration (and power) I'm just going to run out of energy because of the constant drain.

So upon casting this I must have an even shorter duration. If I go over the 10sec mark I'm left with less power then the older version. 10sec being the base durationg of WOF level 4.

The option to turn it on and off it's not a viable option. This is because of the level of strength, the ability must be left on for a while to cause significant dmg.

A look at Nyx and Mesa shows that their drain happens when Nyx is hit or Mesa shoots, they aren't constant. Though even if the drain were to be based on every time a fire (spire?) appears I don't think that would work as they appear very rapidly. If they were to be made slower then the strength would have to rise.

On a side note I now understand the pain of a sentinal.

Edited by Postal_pat

A look at Nyx and Mesa shows that their drain happens when Nyx is hit or Mesa shoots, they aren't constant.

erm.. the energy drain on both their 4s is constant. correction: the drain on mesa's 4 is constant. nyx has a constant drain but loses extra energy per x damage taken.

Edited by Shy0

I know this one is not an easy fix but some update on the Strict NAT fix would be appreciated.

If you need forum posts to confirm this is an issue I suggest reading the Matchmaking Forums - there are so many there I don't think you want someone gathering all of them up into a single place.