Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 15.11

DE_Adam

What in the name of WF did you do to Ember?? Clarification NEEDED

Previous: 100 energy to do 10 seconds of World on Fire

Now: 50 energy to cast + 5 energy per second

If you were casting it for less than 10 seconds, you pay more for recasting it.

If you were casting it for 10 seconds, this change would not affect you.

If you were casting it for longer than 10 seconds, you burn more energy.

World on Fire:

Here's the fun part: While you channel WoF, you cannot gain ANY energy from sources like EV and restores, similar to Mesa's Peacemaker and other recent "channeling" abilities. However, unlike Peacemaker, any ENERGY ORB that you happen to pick up during this time gives you 0 energy, wasting the orb. For all intents and purposes, World on Fire is actually worse off than it was before.

QFT. Ember was one of the last frames to need a nerf. Good @(*()$ job DE.

Wyrmius, great. *rolls eyes*

JK. I'm happy it's finally released.

Now when's the Wyrimus Prime DLC gonna come out?

W8, m8. U C Dat?

666 posts.

Illuminati Cunfirmd.

W8 d3rs mor. Luk closely.

'littlewomba' has 2 syllables and 11 letters.

11 minus 2 is 9.

The square root of 9 is 3.

Triangles have 3 sides.

ILLUMINATEH CUNFEEEEMED.

So, Ember's skill 4 now costs 50 energy, plus continuous drain and it will last for the same amount of time??

Now that is what I call a big nerf on a skill!

According to my 1st tests, Ember's skill 4 used to cost 70 for full duration (with Streamline mod on).
Now it costs about 100-110 for full duration (with Streamline mod on)
Also, in both cases, the mods Primed Continuity and Constitution are applied aswell.

Should I buff duration or should I buff Efficiency?
Longer duration means longer time to drain your energy.

Please someone to correct me if I am wrong!

DEVs, I want what you are smoking!

Loving Ember buffs so far, but would like to have some clarity about WoF's duration sticking on top of the toggle - is this intended? having both seems to defeat the purpose of the toggle and doesn't actually allow players to move her away from her duration mod dependency in order to really utilize these new buffs.

on top of that, sorry to ask but, what about Accelerant?

Accelerant - although potentially having a touch more utility if the WoF duration isn't intended - is about the only thing that doesn't seem to fit that snugly into this nice new bundle o' buffs.

Could I suggest that Accelerant becomes a close-range toggle as well? enemies withing range will take the effect for the time they're in range and energy will drain for the duration this is active. this makes it a plausible short term damage buff for standard fire damage effects and also allows players to douse-down their drain with world on fire to create a devastating combo, of course 'the flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long' meaning  players will need to be cautious of their energy consumption.

I really hope this can be considered for further down the pipeline - this is the only thing stopping ember from being a perfect sustained offense caster.

Please DE, consider.

Thanks for your time.

Edited by Phantom_Jack

So they didn't review or add to the Ember changes.  
Kindof a shame, but I guess they just want to test this Ember before going the extra mile (that she probably needs).

You can find my feedback to the announced Ember changes here:
While I think these are some really great changes, there are still some pressing issues that could easily be solved.

Ember's new Armor stats are nice, and I think they are very fitting. Looking at Ember, her armor's material feels more toned and hide-like, rather than squishy. But, this won't be enough to keep Ember alive in higher tiers of play where enemies will be taking less damage from her skills, when she'll need to be right in the enemies' faces to keep her damage going.

I propose the following changes:

● FIREBALL: Change Fireball to be a lobbed projectile, that travels in a quick arc. This will allow the ability to be used much more instinctively, rather than hoping it hits the target. Now, this will cause an issue for players who wish to use the ability at range, so to remedy this: Allow Fireball to also hit targets in the same way as Smite and Soul Punch

This way, the ability can be used much more easily in close quarters, while also be able to hit enemies at range, or hit pesky enemies such as Ospreys.

●  FIRE BLAST: As Fire Blast is currently, it lacks the crowd control or utility a 75 Energy AOE field should have. But, it has yet to be seen if Fire Blast's new mechanics will add the crowd control that it needs, so I won't be able to comment on that for now.

What I do suggest, is that Fire Blast's Ability Augment Mod be reworked, or atleast give her a new one. I'd personally like it if Fire Blast had an Augment which allowed it to be cast from a distance, similarly to Limbo's Cataclysm. Although, it would only be castable on flat surfaces.

● WORLD ON FIRE: I'm loving the changes to this ability. I can't wait to be able to run around for a much more reasonable amount of time, lighting everything aflame. But, as this ability isn't instantaneous, and isn't meant to have the ability to CC a whole room, it requires you to be around enemies for extended periods of time in higher level combat.

My suggestion to alleviate this is: Add a weaker version of Overheat's damage reduction to World on Fire. At about 30%, (at max Mod Level), it wouldn't be too overbearing, and would give Ember some room to breathe against tougher enemies that don't immediately die to her flames.

EDIT: >Oh, I just noticed the World on Fire changes has the ability still have a limited duration!  

We should axe that.

If it's going to be togglable, it should be able to be kept up for a longer time. The current duration of 10s is poultry, and forces you to add several Duration Mods to get any respectable use out of it, and those Duration Mods aren't all that beneficial to the rest of your abilities, seeing as their Durations are already solid.<

Well, that was my two cents about Warframes' very own hot-headed flamestress. Thanks for taking another look at Ember. I'm sure whatever you guys ship out, it'll be awesome. Keep it up, DE.

EDIT: Yeah.. that spoiler tag.. didn't work. Halp.

Wyrmius fina- nevermind, don't got Wyrm.  

I need dat Volt Noggle.  

Hopefully the Pull change makes it more *crowd control*, and less *crowd derp*.
Edited by Flackenstien

How on earth did you screw up World of Fire so badly. It is objectively worse in every regard.

Damage and Range stayed the same, and its cost didn't go down.

Instead, its 50 energy + 5/second, meaning that its more expensive if you have duration mods to bring it over 10 seconds, than it was prior. With 30 seconds of duration, plus streamline, it now costs me 140 energy instead of 70.

Pretty much you made it cost more, in exchange for a free Natural Talent.

I don't think this was upward movement for Ember so much as it was sideways. She's still awful, just now in different ways.

She's marginally faster, has more armor and is basically an arson eximus. Okay.

But World on Fire is worthless. You can't put corrupted mods on it, otherwise you'll get into situations where the penalties vastly start outweighing the reasons to equip them in the first place. If you want power efficiency, you're going to have to deal with WoF lasting for roughly the same amount of time as it takes to actually cast it. If you want power strength, you'd better hope you have primed flow on you- same with power duration. It's just... Not good, because it depends entirely on too many factors.