Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Changes [Post 15.11.0 Megathread]

MrNonApplicable

Good work it seems so far, but I noticed a timer on her ult, when it was suggested this would be toggleable.

Granted, I do get energy drain and it does essentially cost less, ..but I'm getting capped at 9 seconds.

Do you think this is working as intended, and do you think the fire blast augment will work with her radial fire wave as a trigger?

Edit: So apparently the expanding fire wave both uses line of sight and does not trigger the panic augments effect and some say it does meager damage.

World on Fire is apparently working out almost the same as before due to the duration modifier thrown in, at least we got a casting speed boost!

Edit 2: Okay guys OP here.

Me and DeRebecca did a few hours testing embers viability and scaling in mars, T4surv and Ceres Draco last night.

Here's my conclusion:

Ember in her current state is a 100% viable frame, she can deal large damage, and with enough team member to keep you alive and res you when you end up downed, you can still crush and push back most enemies that you take on. However, you will need to chew through health restores.

Okay, that said the way this worked was basically by spamming her 2nd and 3rd, ..a stun and and damage buff, followed by stun, cc and damage (buffed).

I did some testing with and without accelerant and found the damage dealing abilities of ember to deal trivial damage without accelerant. This basically made accelerant necesary for any damage casting.

While this meant it worked, this makes accelerant seem like a bandaid ability really, a ability to buff embers damage to viable levels, rather than just buffing embers damage to viable levels in the first place.

I did notice that basically any time you stopped running around, you were almost immediately pummeled and that trying to revive a team mate usually led to a domino effect of deaths. Once again, too much glass, not enough cannon, because there was nothing in embers kit strong enough to keep enemies at bay while I put my fragile self in harms way.

Everyone's said enough on WoF now, I don't need to cover that much. It was okay for short charges (as long as you applied your damage buff first). but it didn't feel like an ulti.

Okay, here's my idea to remedy ember's problems;

Scrap accelerant and just buff embers damage capabilities, ..don't make us use an ability just to facilitate them being useful.

Give her damage the ash treatment, mix in some finisher damage to ignore armor and shields. Then you won't have to worry about her being too OP at lower levels and useless at higher, because a fair splash of normal and ignoring damage makes for no need of crazy damage at low levels just to keep up later on.

Replace accelerant with an ability similar to old overheat, that reduces incoming damage from projectiles at a hard cap of 30% maybe, increases outgoing damage (of ability and wep damage not excessively) and increases chance of knockdown resist (to keep you running) With the latter two improved by power strength.

Remove the duration timer on WoF and the target cap. Honestly, this is just so bad, I spent nearly all of my duration running around a guy not targeted by my WoF on Ceres Draco as it's 3 target limit was being used up by other enemies, while this one guy was trying to kill me.

Ember is not strong, and she has to get close to enemies to deal damage, but the risk, vs reward is way off, I could have been killed, never having hit that one enemy feet away from me taking pot shots before the duration ended, if I hadn't just shot him.

If ember needs to get so close, and put herself at such risk, the reward must be worth it.

Edited by MrNonApplicable

It's now like mirage's prism, it has a duration AND a draining cost when it's still on.

I've played mirage on and off, and I never noticed that.

"It will drain 5 energy over time as well as consider your power duration (affected by mods)."

Working as intended.

I was thinking duration would affect how fast you burned through energy to try and incentivize players to stop using fleeting on everything. 

I'm fine with the changes I just need to figure out if I should change my build.

Edit:

• Fire Blast has had a mechanic added. In addition to placing a ring of fire on casting location, it will now also generate a growing wall of fire (like the Arson Eximus ability).

Never mind, they need to word this differently.  The Eximus creates a fire field that disperses from them causing knock back as it moves outward from the caster.

That's more descriptive. 

Edited by Ishki88

I've played mirage on and off, and I never noticed that.

I have no idea what "on and off" stand for (not english sorry o/ ) but i can assure you prism drain your energy as long as it's activated AND it has a limited duration.

Wiki:

Prism cost 50 energy and drain 10 energy/sec.

And it last 12 seconds.

World on Fire became worse than before and Fireblast need some animation tweaking.

Take off the duration on World on Fire or at least double it... Seems way low for an already bad skill.

Also, fireball frenzy augment buff doesn't work (dual ember run test)

EDIT- with the new World on Fire changes a lot of things became better, thanks. Still think Fireblast animation is a bit too fast and poor

Edited by Bitfly

I just teste my Ember.

without the corrupted mods (blind rage, narrow minded, overextended and fleeting expertise) the ult last for 19 sec, and drain a total of near 100 energy with this duration.

the problem for me is the corrupted mods.

- Blind Rage will make the skill takes more energy to cast and more energy over time to stay active;

- Narrow Minded will make the duration last longer, but will kill your energy;

- Overextended will hit enemies far away, but will deal less damage, and with the duration/drain of energy, it won't be a good idea;

- Fleeting Expertise will make the skill drain less energy, but will last for...10 seconds maybe?

Well, it's not a bad change on Ember, but now it's hard to focus on something.

World on Fire is worse. The only buff it got was animation speed, but otherwise the ability was nerfed hard.

50 energy cost + 5 energy per-second + 10 second duration = 100 energy cost. No change there... except wait, you can't pick up energy while it's active now! Great buff guys!

Why the hell would I want to to toggle it? To be able to pick up energy? I could have done that with the pre-patch World on Fire without having to recast it. Seriously, worst "buff" ever.

Fire Blast's AoE is screwed by line-of-sight, isn't affected by her augment, and does piddly damage. More worthless changes.

But hey, she has more stamina than every other frame! That'll really come in handy while I powerslide everywhere with a melee weap... oh wait.

Edited by CHunterX

I have no idea what "on and off" stand for (not english sorry o/ ) but i can assure you prism drain your energy as long as it's activated AND it has a limited duration.

Wiki:

Prism cost 50 energy and drain 10 energy/sec.

And it last 12 seconds.

Oh I wasn't calling you a liar, it just meant I never felt the duration as an issue before. I do feel it on ember.

I feel still the same. its just toggle ability and drain energy over time

with my 75& efficiency on, the WoF cost 13 energy on cast and 1 energy drain overtime.

My WoF duration is 9 seconds thats means 13 + 9 = 22 energy.

so it is still the SAME.

But if they made WoF hit all the enemy within the range that would make sense

World on Fire now prevents you from getting energy during its efficiency/time based duration. Rate of 'fire' buff is worthless. It's an ability that does literally more harm than good.

Buff duration and lose range, and be prevented from picking up energy until your reserves go out. If only WoF was half as good as Peacemaker to compensate.

Buff efficiency and enjoy spending half the mission recasting the ability.

Fire Blast's wall of fire is affected by line of sight, does poor damage, and does not proc fire fright. Buff is practically nonexistant.

Movement speed is nice, armor buff is worthless.

Overall, hope finally dies for a useful Ember.

Edited by Halser

Thought I might add that the radial blast on fire blast doesn't trigger the panic effect from the ember augment, which sucks. Plus apparently some people are saying it has LoS.

I don't know about LoS, but it's definitely not affected by power range mods.  I'm rather disappointed in this effect entirely as it seems nearly worthless, mine punted enemies out of the ring (lol?) and barely touched those outside it.  And here I was hoping for a wall nearly as big as the eximus auras with overextended/stretch on.  Oh well, time to rethink that.

Edited by Verazix

As someone said in this thread before, this is an absolute kick in the teeth. It's ridiculous that we still need duration for WoF with a toggle. Why the hell would I want a toggle on an ability that last 10 seconds? All they really did was give it a built in natural talent. It's still 100 energy total split between the 50 base and 50 over the 10 seconds. Hope truly died for a useful ember. 

The changes made to Ember with this patch will not make me consider picking her up in a serious fight.

In my personal ranking, she is still last by far for simply being useless.

Consider increasing range on Accelerant by 5 meters and make the Fireball Frenzy mod not affect single targets but all allies in the fireball blast radius. That would make me pick her up again.

I'm still going to play and love Ember. But i will also still Lament the old damage dealing nigh-on invincible goddess that once was. The ONLY thing that keeps me a die hard Ember fan, is that with her body lines, with the Immortal skin draped over her, Shes is by far the single most beautiful thing in the game. Just playing her makes me feel epic.

Armor Buff: Nifty

Speed Buff: Also Nifty

Fire Blast Buff: I personally like it how it is, but thats just me.

WoF: ....Insulting in the highest degree. But at least its a change, and thats something. It means that they aren't totally done with her and just forgetting about the fact that she even exists. Its not much, but its something.

It was a nice try, but the patch nerfed the already too weak world on fire ability.

Here the math for the nerf:

Before:

standard level 3 wof: 10 sek duration for 100 energy

with a 100% duration increase: 20 sek duration for 100 energy

Now:

standart level 3 wof: 10 sek duration for 50 activation cost and 5 energy/sec = 100 energy

with additional 100% duration: 20 sek for 50 activation cost and 5 energy per sec = 150 energy

gratulation, you punish people for modding ember on duration