Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Changes [Post 15.11.0 Megathread]

MrNonApplicable

I genuinely wonder if the thread is getting no more replies, because there is now an unspoken understanding amongs peeps, that DE has far too many other issues to address, and ember's current dismal state ranks too far from urgent to be looked into.

The frame is in a far better state now after the changes, I can solo with it nearly everything with it without getting one shot killed like before the fix to accelerant when you made even just a small mistake and I don't feel it is weaker then others, just a bit more difficult to play. I would even say that Ember currently is good example how a warframe should be where all 4 skills are useful and get used in common game play(direct target dps with fireball, debuff and CC with accelerant, fire blast to give you some room if you get overrun and WoF for AOE DPS), instead of having 1-2 that are not useful or even being reduced to just spamming your 4 in normal game play.

It still could use some tweaks to WoF, making the fire ring of fire blast useful to, speed, her augments and the ability to deal with the auras of high level ancient healers. Oberons radiation procs are fantastic for that and if the fire proc could prevent ancients giving out the aura and all affected infested from receiving the benefits of auras from ancients while they are on fire the frame would be a very good dps/utility option for high level infested defence and survival, where her usefulness currently suffers because her AOE damage is counter productive given the auras of ancient healers you deal next to no damage while healing the ones that give the auras, making it even harder to take them down.

Edited by Djego27

Okay megathread goers (does that work as a term?), I've compiled the information sent to me, and from what I've collected reading this thread.

I've done my best to avoid personal bias and include what seemed to come up the most, regardless of my stance on it.

It's a long one, but I've stressed the things that make people's suggestions and feelings important and how important this buff is to many of you.

It's all sent, all we do now is wait. He will check it in matter of time, and since he asked me for the summary, I don't see why he would not read it and then reply.

Good luck guys, fingers crossed for all of us.

Edited by MrNonApplicable

Okay megathread goers (does that work as a term?), I've compiled the information sent to me, and from what I've collected reading this thread.

I've done my best to avoid personal bias and include what seemed to come up the most, regardless of my stance on it.

It's a long one, but I've stressed the things that make people's suggestions and feelings important and how important this buff is to many of you.

It's all sent, all we do now is wait. He will check it in matter of time, and since he asked me for the summary, I don't see why he would not read it and then reply.

Good luck guys, fingers crossed for all of us.

wew good work there so far.

but curious to see what you've summarised and compiled.

u wanna copypasta here? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Could i again request on behalf of all ember users for what you have summarised and sent to scott?

People should remember that majority consensus wins over an individuals own opinion if it differs.

And while people should know this, some may not. I do not want to be anyone's target because "You're an @ssh0le, why didn't you include my suggestion".

I'm trying to do the community a favor by collecting general consensus and trimming down the argument for Scott, but I won't put myself in the position to receive hostilities because someone may feel their idea should have made it.

What was in it, was what I read as coming up most often, backed up with what made them so significant. For example, the old issue of fire blasts DoT being worthless and why, plus player suggestions for fixing it.

And occasionally I put in a few standalone ideas I thought would appeal the most the Scott (suggested by other players).

I tried to be as unbiased as possible throughout even representing arguments I didn't agree with, and I think that's all I wanna. I don't wanna piss anyone off who's suggestions they put the effort into, didn't make the cut.

I hope you understand.

Edited by MrNonApplicable

People should remember that majority consensus wins over an individuals own opinion if it differs.

And while people should know this, some may not. I do not want to be anyone's target because "You're an @ssh0le, why didn't you include my suggestion".

I'm trying to do the community a favor by collecting general consensus and trimming down the argument for Scott, but I won't put myself in the position to receive hostilities because someone may feel their idea should have made it.

What was in it, was what I read as coming up most often, backed up with what made them so significant. For example, the old issue of fire blasts DoT being worthless and why, plus player suggestions for fixing it.

And occasionally I put in a few standalone ideas I thought would appeal the most the Scott (suggested by other players).

I tried to be as unbiased as possible throughout even representing arguments I didn't agree with, and I think that's all I wanna. I don't wanna &!$$ anyone off who's suggestions they put the effort into, didn't make the cut.

I hope you understand.

Your worries arent unfounded, given how people systematically feel that their opinions are important, and want to be acknowledged.

Hence you could possibly disclaim as above, as you have said, that your summary had focused on opinions that have mass backing, rather than personal backing.

The only reason that presses peeps like myself here is, without euphemism, desperation to witness progress; its exhausting to keep pushing for changes, when in reality, the megathread had almost seemed to catch no dev attention, for months.

Showing us what you have put in the bag, is somewhat like finding that oasis in a desert. A little quench of informational thirst keeps everyone sated for the later journey.

Edited by Guther

Once again, no mention of Ember in hot topics. I know they are busy with update 16, but mention of Ember is concerning. Volt was mentioned, so why not ember?

On a side note, I still am curious to see MrNon's message to Scott and any reply, if he actually said anything about it.

So far there is no reply.

As for what I said, I gave my reasons for not showing it here. I hope you relate.

I will however post a section which I expect not to get aggravation from passionate ember players who's idea didn't get the cut. Though, that may wait, I do have stuff to do outside of visit the forums, I'm studying in university and work in spare time. Which I just got in from now, so I'm not gonna do it right now.

• 2 weeks later...

I messaged Scott again telling him people were anxious for an answer, he has also seen that message and read it, but again, no reply.

I understand so close to Update 16 he must be a busy man, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. You'd think reading my mini-essay at least twice could warrant at least a one word response of "Noted." Or thanks for collecting the responses or something. -_-

Hope after all this time, something comes of this.

It's too bad. I really think clarification of DE's intentions towards World on Fire is in order. The straight damage and cast buffs were great. But there hasn't been an explanation about why it's been made into a toggle yet retains the same short duration. It's obvious there is a split in the perspective on Ember between DE and the playerbase. If DE feels increasing the duration would be overpowered it'd be nice to hear why they think that. And I'd also like for them to justify the energy cost of her abilities which this low-duration situation creates. Especially since at only 10 seconds even a base duration Ember build has to take the time and energy to frequently recast her 2+4 combo. As well as Fire Blast being a rather expensive ability added into this.

It's not that I think Ember doesn't work. I just think some follow-up on the intentions and rationale behind choices made for her rework could be presented. Because months later everyone is still asking the same questions.  Obviously we players have differing points of view about how she should work. Hearing the architect's perspective could help us come to be a better understanding of what we should expect from Ember. So I think what Ember needs more than anything is some clarification.

Edited by Ryjeon

• 3 weeks later...

Several hotfixes after U16 and...oh well... :S

I've given up true toggle for WoF; the most I hope for is an increase to its base duration...

Every time I message him, he just reads the message and doesn't respond.

I don't know how that makes you feel about the situation, but for me, really not positive.

I'm sure some level of interaction could have been managed if he found the time to read the message and any subsequent updates asking for a response.