Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Changes [Post 15.11.0 Megathread]

MrNonApplicable

The fact that you can now turn it off when you don't need it anymore to save energy... idk, I'm not sure if I would call it a nerf. Or really even a buff. It's a QoL change that has a accidental interaction (as confirmed by DERebecca) with energy sources. The ability wasn't made (deliberately) worse, the frame's stats were buffed, and Fire Blast got buffed. Overall this is definitely not a nerf.

Given that WoF is, by consensus, a heavy-handed nerf, can we change the title of the megathread? "Changes" or "Alterations" or "reworks" would be appropriate. "Buff" is entirely the wrong word.

I second that motion.

Thirded.

While I applaud the changes to other aspects of Ember... the WoF Nerf hurts a lot.

Disclaimber: This is the opinon of somebody that did play ember during a time accelerant did not refresh the stun, in content where you got one hitted by everything and with a min/max minus duration build to stun more and pack enught dps to survive at close range. Overall, the new Ember is outright fantastic, the only anoying thing is that you can't pick up energy during WoF, what should be fixed since toggle adds nothing to it(nobody would hit it and then stop it after 2s, since you would simply use fireball in that case).

Just did a L35 infested survial with the ember changes, WoF now adds a speed buff, if you run allready a maxed rush mod, combined with the speed buff it makes Ember rediculus fast, able to actually dodge stuff at close range and super offensive with my boar prime. WoF duration went a bit down, from 8s to 7s, no big deal to me, just let me pick up energy when it runs.

As for people calling the armor buff useless, combined with the higher speed it gives ember nearly the same surviability that Nova got, I did solo a room with like 30 infested in it without takeing more than 80% health damage at a time, that is for a Ember Prime player that is used to get one hitted like playing a rino with infinite iron skin. Fire blast is great to give you some room to manuver now, the line of sight restrictions are not that bad if it comes to self defence, a bit limited if it comes to block choke points or try to clear the field to revive somebody.

Edited by Djego27

To everyone calling for Accelerant to be a toggle. That would be a nerf. One of it's main functions is that it's an extremely reliable fast-casting decent-range aoe disable. It is Ember's primary defensive ability and does a stellar job of keeping Ember and her teammates alive. Its one second cast time is barely an interruption to her action. Making it a close-range toggle would nerf her ability to control a room, or it would make it a much less reliable crowd control. Accelerant is a fantastic, powerful and efficient ability as-is and should not altered.

But if you really want to play with it like that, I suppose it could always be an augment.

Edited by Ryjeon

Edit: So apparently the expanding fire wave both uses line of sight and does not trigger the panic augments effect and some say it does meager damage.

The damage is not the point, the Fire Eximus fire waves are doing relative small damage too. The important thing here is the knockback, though it seems a bit unreliable at the moment, sometimes even heavy enemies got blasted away, sometimes they shrug it off.

The intention was apperently to give fire blast an additional CC function and being more usefull on the move. Though the Fire Fright mod not working with the fire wave should be looked at.

The line of sight restriction is most likely because the Fire Eximus fire blastwave also works on line of sight. You can easily avoid them by standing behind an object facing the direction of the blast.

So i guess DE went with a bit of fairness here, in that what doesn't work on players doesn't work on enemies either.

- fire blast becomming more like the arson eximus causing knockback?

It's an addition to the regular Fireblast. You now cause a eximus style fire wave, while leaving behind a burning ring same as before.

Also people on the forum actualy called for this addition, since it became somewhat strange how a Warframe based on creating fire would be visualy overshadowed by common enemies with those fire waves. Now she can pay them back. Though the knockback isn't as strong against them currently.

Edited by Othergrunty

REMOVE THE DURATION, PERIOD nothing else is acceptable.

I agree with this guy. Just remove the duration, all that does it make the frame even more frustrating to play. Duration affecting fireblast? That's okay. But this duration thing on World on fire is just getting bad. This wasn't a buff, it was a hard nerf for that ability.

Let WoF work like Nyx's Absorb. No energy from energy siphon. But please, just remove duration!

If I didn't make it clear

REMOVE DURATION FROM WORLD ON FIRE

Edited by TerraNovaX

Is that toggle and LoS gonna be changed out too?

She doesn't know. She is the Community Manager, so things like changing titles and dealing with people is what she does, and does it very well. IF she gets information, she may not even be able to tell us till it has been put through all the right channels.

The fact that you can now turn it off when you don't need it anymore to save energy... idk, I'm not sure if I would call it a nerf. Or really even a buff. It's a QoL change that has a accidental interaction (as confirmed by DERebecca) with energy sources. The ability wasn't made (deliberately) worse, the frame's stats were buffed, and Fire Blast got buffed. Overall this is definitely not a nerf.

Nerf or not the WoF change is extremely disappointing in scope of what people were hoping for when we asked for and received notice that it would be changing to a toggled ability. Playing with it now, oh do I regret asking for it. Not being able to regen energy on a mobile caster frame is just too painful. I'd rather have the old Stop-and-Recast WoF than even an infinite duration WoF if it means we can't even pick up energy orbs. At least a faster cast time would make that old version somewhat more satisfying.

Edited by Ryjeon

Nerf or not the WoF change is extremely disappointing in scope of what people were hoping for when we asked for and received notice that it would be changing to a toggled ability. Playing with it now, oh do I regret asking for it. Not being able to regain on a mobile caster frame is just too painful. I'd rather have the old Stop-and-Recast WoF than even an infinite duration WoF if it means we can't even pick up energy orbs. At least a faster cast time would make it somewhat more satisfying.

Not being able to pick up energy orbs is either a bug or an oversight according to what Rebecca said earlier in the tread