[DE]Rebecca

Tactical Alert: Overtake

Thank you for the Tac. Alert DE based gods!

Love the new stance! Already love halikar and kestrel, especially kestrel, and this is going to convince me to finally go get glaive prime.

Alert was fun. Surprisingly easy given the right set up.

Here's a spoiler alert:

Irradiated Wind Tunnel of Frosted Love!

By the way, I just want to say, I love these new nullifier mobs you guys are putting everywhere. It makes perfect sense for our enemies to develop counters to us. Just look how quickly the infested evolved, literally, anti-Tenno monsters. Plus, I love the sheer amount of tears nullifiers cause. It's... it's so beautiful. All these crystal clear cute tears, streaking across bootiful baby faces...

• Upvote 2

You lost all credibility there.

sure, you could say standing there with Peacemaker so you can take 5 seconds to kill a Nullifier Shield is useful.

or.... the Players in the match could kill them faster while also defending the Objective.

Mesa has done more than half of the total dmg and at #2 total kills.

shame getting Kills isn't the Objective, otherwise you'd have something there.

• Upvote 1

Finished the event in 3 tries and didn't have any fun doing it whatsoever. Not fond of Nullifiers nor the Hijack missions, mixing them both makes the mission even worse for me, with the added annoyance of event weapon restrictions. There was no challenge really, keep a couple frosts for blocking enemy fire while one Mag keeps the group moving at all times, and done... either way, Hard != fun. Just my two cents.

• Upvote 2

i just went to you tube to see the new alert - is it really do able by mag alone ?

To all the people saying the alert sucks.... Well at least its difficult,right? [size=3]right?[/size][size=2]guys?[/size]

- You're forced to use melee

- There are too many nullifiers that deflect melee weapons easily 

- No one uses throwing weapons so you're going to see people with unforma'd and unpotato'd glaives or kestrels

- You're trying to defend a moving object that has virtually no health

- Magnetic damage messes up your shields which cuts them in half and messes up your energy

- Cold environmental damage that halfs your shields even further

Like this is insane

It's challenging content 10o! Didn't you want to have more challenge in your content? :^)

But in all seriousness, I did it solo and it was fairly easy when you realize you don't actually have to kill anything.

Man people are being pretty mean about this

Sure I'm annoyed, it's not like it's going to be like this forever

there is no  problem that its here its compleatly ignorable. the problem is that there are rewards of some kind and the mission is filled with so many things that make instead of a hard but fair alert to a hard but near impossible.

nullifiers not effected by powers and most the enemies are nullifiers. can barly do anything to their shields with thrown melee weapons and most enemies will tear you to shreads no matter what your health or shield is as well as the rover havign low health and its odd constant -10 health drain. i understand why the formorian cores lose 10 health i guess but really no need for the rover to loose 10 health except ot make it harder. who knows maybe if it didnt have health drain it owuld be lil more barable, but doupt it. if -10 ticks 10 times thats 100. thats 100 health that was just wasted just to make it harder.

It's challenging content 10o! Didn't you want to have more challenge in your content? :^)

But in all seriousness, I did it solo and it was fairly easy when you realize you don't actually have to kill anything.

i doupt that it was easy.

• Upvote 1

This is not about the alert being hard or easy this is about flaws and lots of it.

Only throwing weapons allowed? Well Hikou is a throwing weapon as well last time I checked why isn´t it allowed then.....

Next part about the throwing weapons, while I can not use any guns my deathcube can shoot merrily all day, same for specters deployed...makes no sense at all.

Nullifier spam, ok,

Nullifier eximus spam, sucks but ok

Half shields ok

Rover draining shields ok

Explanation why only throwing weapons are allowed? Nope

Explanation why sentinels and specters can still use firearms? Nope.

Hikou suddenly not a throwing weapon. Same for Despair, Kunai etc.

In light of storyline and lore at least some explanations should be given as to why certain conditions exist. Making it a "because we say so" is a very very poor design. 

A limited conclave rating is ok to offer all players a level playing field, this alert does not even that since everyone without Glaive/Glaive P, Kestrel or that Grineer abomination is kinda screwed. 

This complaint is about how this tac is done, since someone said 2015 was about quality.....this alert has quite the number of flaws far away from being a quality release. 

• Upvote 4

This is not about the alert being hard or easy this is about flaws and lots of it.

Only throwing weapons allowed? Well Hikou is a throwing weapon as well last time I checked why isn´t it allowed then.....

Next part about the throwing weapons, while I can not use any guns my deathcube can shoot merrily all day, same for specters deployed...makes no sense at all.

Nullifier spam, ok,

Nullifier eximus spam, sucks but ok

Half shields ok

Rover draining shields ok

Explanation why only throwing weapons are allowed? Nope

Explanation why sentinels and specters can still use firearms? Nope.

Hikou suddenly not a throwing weapon. Same for Despair, Kunai etc.

In light of storyline and lore at least some explanations should be given as to why certain conditions exist. Making it a "because we say so" is a very very poor design. 

A limited conclave rating is ok to offer all players a level playing field, this alert does not even that since everyone without Glaive/Glaive P, Kestrel or that Grineer abomination is kinda screwed. 

This complaint is about how this tac is done, since someone said 2015 was about quality.....this alert has quite the number of flaws far away from being a quality release. 

There is quality here. It's the highest quality pain we have ever experienced.

tryin' catch them ridin' dirty, tryin' catch them ridin' dirty

na na na na  :D

Riding dirty! I love it, event completely do'able, a little tricky at first just have a tank or two ahead of the rover and smash the living bejesus out of those nullifers and eximus and it's in the bag

Made a wiki blog in an attempt to share findings with others. I hope it helps and that others help more out.

You can say it's pretty much "think TETHRA with some handicaps" honestly.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:DealerC/Tactical_Alert:_OVERTAKE_(Intel_Sharing)

I hope it helps.

edit: right... parenthesis ruin it some... tiny url time! http://tinyurl.com/kodtgo8

Edited by WarGrylls

I do believe that his is an alert many will not like. It's like making a sniper rifle only alert... not everyone's thing.

I like it. Probably because I'm a full time glaive user, but people who are not too used to camping should have no trouble with it. Even the nullifiers. Trick is don't rely too heavily on the throw function. Have two people clearing the field and two around the truck to keep it moving and watch its back.

All in all I feel like this kind of mission really promotes team work and not just bringing an OP gun and having enough enemies spawning so that each person is virtually soloing butchering fests.

Just my opinion. NO NOT THE ROCKs! Spare me Tenno!

With proper team this ain't hard at all. Even soloed it. Proper modding+some skills.

Pls add moar rewards for like 5 and 10, 20 mission completed.

Primed chamber or some weapon skin would something to be desired.

Edited by YourMoms

Frost Effiency + Trin Duration (to waste less time spamming bless/link , a split/second w/o energy vamp would cost alot) . Trin fights and jumps for nullies then giffs mana , Frost sits on top of the rover GTA-style spamming globe 

Question, what was/is the new enemy deployed by the Corpus? I somehow got the feeling that this tac alert was supposed to introduce Nullifiers but they just got leaked early or am I missing something because I did not see any other "new" enemies?

• Upvote 1

Using zephyr it was pretty easy even pugging it.

Biggest problems were the bugs:

Matchmaking on popular mission nodes is still broken (1+ years now).

You can damage yourself and the rover with thrown weapons.

General connection/hosting issues, first mission success got stuck into loading loop forcing to ALT+F4, thankfully recorded the success.

Back to not playing Warframe again!

With the right Taktic it was like taking a Sunday Drive on the Rover....

No Energy/Shield Plates needed. (although its doable Solo with a lot of plates)

At least 3 different Frames needed for easy Ride.

Forth Player can be taken with you, but is not needed.

2 Runs, 2 times Rover had over 1k hp at the Exit.

Don't forget to clean the bumper with your Throwing Weapons.

@jepeman

Throwing Weapons explode on !last! impact which deals damage to everything including you. (but not teammates)

To deal with that take max Quick Return, so It'll explode right where you throw it. (still don't throw it at your feet)

Edited by Gucky-EGT-