[DE]Rebecca

Tactical Alert: Overtake

Nyx is perfectly viable too.  And as noted, plenty of people have beaten the event without nyx or frost.

But... ti requires people THINK about things like tactics instead of mindlessly running in and spamming ults or spraying the room with Soma Prime or Boltor Prime.

So yes, many people are going to hate that. Thinking = BAD! WRONG! EVIL!

You know, I'm playing this game for almost two years already.

For two years all this game wanted from is to rush as fast as I could and kill everyone I see en masse.

Do you really expecting me to 'think about things like tactics' in Warframe?

- You're forced to use melee

- There are too many nullifiers that deflect melee weapons easily 

- No one uses throwing weapons so you're going to see people with unforma'd and unpotato'd glaives or kestrels

- You're trying to defend a moving object that has virtually no health

- Magnetic damage messes up your shields which cuts them in half and messes up your energy

- Cold environmental damage that halfs your shields even further

Like this is insane

Sometimes you have to force players to use a system before they realize how broken it is.

Defenses are broken.

Melee is broken.

Effect procs are broken.

You know, I'm playing this game for almost two years already.

For two years all this game wanted from is to rush as fast as I could and kill everyone I see en masse.

Do you really expecting me to 'think about things like tactics' in Warframe?

For two years this game has been wholly incomplete.

So yes, they're bringing in tactics.  Its called adaptation.

Edited by Thaumatos

So yes, they're bringing in tactics.  Its called adaptation.

Nope, adaptation is when you're adapting to something. Like when someone teaches you to swim, step by step. When this someone instead of teaching you how to swim drops you in the middle of the ocean without even a buoy, all you can adapt to is to being a fish food, if you feel me.

Nope, adaptation is when you're adapting to something. Like when someone teaches you to swim, step by step. When this someone instead of teaching you how to swim drops you in the middle of the ocean without even a buoy, all you can adapt to is to being a fish food, if you feel me.

And of course the game will remain static from now until doomsday, never changing. never altering at all..

And of course the game will remain static from now until doomsday, never changing. never altering at all..

Obviously, you don't feel me. I'm saying, they should bring in tactics a bit slower. Nullifiers was a good start, but this alert is a lil' too much.

Obviously, you don't feel me. I'm saying, they should bring in tactics a bit slower. Nullifiers was a good start, but this alert is a lil' too much.

But... They HAVE to keep adding the content. They have to. If they do not keep adding content, they lose players. Lost players = lost revenue.= BAD.

Maybe this Tactical Alert was a bit much. Maybe it wasn't. People WILL disagree. This IS the internet after all. :p

It was quite feasible, even for people without insanely OP maxxed out frames. But it did require some teamwork for players who did not have the OP maxxed out frames. it also required some thought.

Warm Coat. Reflection. Diamond Skin. All of these mods were COMPLETELY useless in 99% of the cases. Now they are not. Odd that., You MIGHT even think this alert was set up so you could use builds you wouldn't generally.

Nah, that is just silly.

Edited by Kalenath

- No one uses throwing weapons so you're going to see people with unforma'd and unpotato'd glaives or kestrels

actually the throwing weapons are common and can be really powerful too.

Too many enemies, way too many nullifiers (which, again, one-shot you), and they aim specifically at the rover which has very little hp and loses hp every second.

This is nearly impossible as it stands. At the very least it's not fun at all.

Block! i know it sounds weird but low RoF enemies are easier to block

Wow, now i understand why DE refuses to implant a challenge content. If general challenge of WF is 2 of 10, this alert is 3 of 10, and 80% of the players are lossing his mind and claiming for a nerf. Just think 30 sec, pick the correct tool and do it in 5 min. Then take again your fav frame and weapon and continue with our ethernal grind.

• Upvote 1

The Glaive Prime is pretty much always my go-to weapon whenever I'm playing Void, or high level stuff. So when I saw that this TA's reward was the new stance, I just knew I had to do it.

3 times tried to solo it; 3 times failed it. We did 4 runs with a group. And we did it.

EZ PZ had fun, lost a ton of energy plates (RIP) but had genuine fun . Trin & frost ftw

Edited by Darkmatt3r

All I can hope for is that we never see a so-called "Tactical" Alert in this format ever again, even after completing three runs of it (friend showed up after the first round). This is definitely not even remotely close to what I consider fun.

• Making players use only thrown melee sounded fun at first, but this quickly made me realize how wrong I could be about that.
  • Nullifiers would have been bad enough for this at normal spawn rates. Making them one of only 4 enemy types in the mission means they are far too abundant.
  • The insane number of arctic eximus nullifiers just exacerbates the issue.
  • Enemy damage in this mission seems ramped up way beyond what it normally is for that level of enemies. Just about everything but the flux rifle guys can 2 shot you, including the nonsense nullifiers who already have too strong of defense. Consider that they also have other enemies huddling inside their bubbles, and it just gets ridiculous. Then add on that players only have half shields for this mission.
  • For some reason you decided it was a good idea to have anti MOAs suddenly start doing several times more damage on direct hits, plus magnetic procs that drain shields and energy. Seriously, just no.
  • Enemies, including and especially nullifiers, have too high of a tendency to simply stand in front of the cart and get pushed along with it. That's some bad programming there. Make them get crushed by it and killed, make them move out of the way, or both. It doesn't make sense as it is.
  • This whole events encourages an absurd number of gimmicks and not enough of what I would personally call tactical gameplay in the slightest. Completely abusing defensive bubbles, consumable items, and optionally very spammy sentinels and spectres is far from what I consider tactical. Tactical to me says slow down, be cautious. It absolutely does not make me think "Literally stand still and ride the absorb/turbulence/frost globe train to victory."

Please, never make another tactical alert this terrible. It is so poorly designed, I would have passed on it entirely if it wasn't the only place to get the stance mod in question, and the only place I can get one at all considering my luck with the RNG required to get the only other option available.

• Upvote 4

After failing 14 times in the first round, I realized that the best situation would be to have:

-3 Frosts

-1 Trinity or 1 Mesa (Recommend Trinity because of your shields, they are exhausted with near the carrier... and energy, you know.)

-Also, don't forget "large energy restor". (Alternative if you have Mesa.)

Put 1 or 2 Frosts ahead of the carrier making snow globe while the carrier goes through them getting protected. The other sits on top of the Carrier doing Snow globes. Use Trinity for energy and health, or Mesa on the top of the carrier to disperse any enemy in the vacinity as soon as possible.

Done. Don't worry if you fail the first time with this tactic.... If you manage correctly.

Edited by Dislava-planet-tech

Here is how you can beat this easily:

Max Range/efficiency Nyx with a flow mod and a maxed redirection mod and vigor (optional)

+

Mag or Trin.

----------------------------------------------

Before the doors open deploy an energy restore and a shield restore pad.

Nyx sits on top of the jeep; press 4.

Mag spams 2 or Trin spams 4

=WIN

DE... i just try to not throw billion of curses at u and your designers who SO MUCH LOVE THEIR NULLIFIERS!

Ridicules is to force us to use ONLY throwing melee.. WHY? what is the crappy logic of yours?

full level with enemies and beloved nullifiers. thanks - but no thanks.

You work against yourself - and go play this alert by yourself in a company of yours Nullifier.

this is the worst alert ever!

congratz

Edited by Ianrama

Well.. first time i saw this all nullifiers.. 

But when taken calm and frosty.. 2 runs valkyr/frost/rhino/excalibur..

Sv15yyS.jpg

Get Nyx, max range and max efficiency Absorb.  Equip Quick Thinking and Flow, good to go.  Just have Nyx Absorb from the top of the carrier the whole time while everyone else kills the enemy.

It's not easy, but it's definitely do-able.  Got the stance within four runs.

All I can hope for is that we never see a so-called "Tactical" Alert in this format ever again, even after completing three runs of it (friend showed up after the first round). This is definitely not even remotely close to what I consider fun.

• Making players use only thrown melee sounded fun at first, but this quickly made me realize how wrong I could be about that.
  • Nullifiers would have been bad enough for this at normal spawn rates. Making them one of only 4 enemy types in the mission means they are far too abundant.
  • The insane number of arctic eximus nullifiers just exacerbates the issue.
  • Enemy damage in this mission seems ramped up way beyond what it normally is for that level of enemies. Just about everything but the flux rifle guys can 2 shot you, including the nonsense nullifiers who already have too strong of defense. Consider that they also have other enemies huddling inside their bubbles, and it just gets ridiculous. Then add on that players only have half shields for this mission.
  • For some reason you decided it was a good idea to have anti MOAs suddenly start doing several times more damage on direct hits, plus magnetic procs that drain shields and energy. Seriously, just no.
  • Enemies, including and especially nullifiers, have too high of a tendency to simply stand in front of the cart and get pushed along with it. That's some bad programming there. Make them get crushed by it and killed, make them move out of the way, or both. It doesn't make sense as it is.
  • This whole events encourages an absurd number of gimmicks and not enough of what I would personally call tactical gameplay in the slightest. Completely abusing defensive bubbles, consumable items, and optionally very spammy sentinels and spectres is far from what I consider tactical. Tactical to me says slow down, be cautious. It absolutely does not make me think "Literally stand still and ride the absorb/turbulence/frost globe train to victory."

Please, never make another tactical alert this terrible. It is so poorly designed, I would have passed on it entirely if it wasn't the only place to get the stance mod in question, and the only place I can get one at all considering my luck with the RNG required to get the only other option available.

+1

ANY group CAN do it, IF they can coordinate.

You WILL go down. With shields so low and draining from the hijack, you WILL go down. My last group had me as Frost, Trinity, Nyx and Ash. The Ash ranged around, using Bladestorm a LOT. He had over 100 kills by the end. I stayed behind the Rover, the others on top of it.

I went down once and I told them not to revive me. I revived when the counter ran out and caught up easily.

The OBJECTIVE was to protect the rover. They did the job. That was a good group.

Trinity is pretty much mandatory for this. (or have maxxed revives and energy restores)

All others can work. Mag helps with Shield Polarize. Rhino with Stomp. Frost with Snow Globe. Mesa standing on top of the rover spamming her ult, OMFG MY SIDES! Limbo... where did the Rover go? Hydroid? GET THOSE NASTY HENTAI THINGS OUT OF THE WAY! I could go on for all the frames.

Teamwork wins this. Maybe it CAN be soloed, but I can't see that myself. You get a bad team, you fail. You get a good team, you succeed.

Good. This is the comment I wanted to see.

If any good team can do this,then okay. Something hard but doable (if you have some organisation) is nice for the game. :)

Guys, i'd read some posts here, and i find a few mistakes... like.. 

"I LOVED watching the Rhino Prime players flailing around trying to throw their Glaives, then go down in seconds while it was airborne and not hitting a thing. Fish out of water without their Boltor Primes."

^^

Here is one, and it isn't the Rhino, it 's you who didn't gave the Rhino a job. He was just playing in the way he could.
Yesterday when i got home from work and open warframe, i notice the alerts and start it with my Rhino Prime and Glaive Prime with Game Mode: Online (none of my friends was online). I gathered a squad with other 3 RHINOS, i thought: "That cant work, well what a hack, lets try it". Without planning anything we got without any problems to the part where we have to turn on the rover, then one of then said to each one what we have to do, we did the over shield, recharged the energy and then we went, and for my surprise we'd finished it easy with four rhinos.

So, it is not the frame you use, it is how you play it.

BG

try to take the rover to a spin..

gets stopped by infinite nullifiers with 1000 ice eximus with moas that shoot disc that make you fall down 3 times before you can get up.

Now im not against chalenge but this is pretty #*($%%@ up.

(now i could show you picture about 100 layer big eximus/nullifier buble but steam pictures dont work here)