[DE]Rebecca

Tactical Alert: Overtake

Easiest mission ever if you know how to work as a team. 

*grab a popcorn*

Edited by PierrotZ

This is a badly designed event. It removes everything that makes the game fun. Good job

yep a bad alert, try'd it 3 times and got crushed, then I decided to think a bit and got to what I thought was the solution to the problem, and you know what, it worked like a charm, the impossible mission was now a relatively easy one, fusion moas turned out to be the biggest problem.

Got a max range Vauban, invested in health and not shields(you need to be alive as much as possible), put Repelling Bastille on the build (probably additional strength will do just fine), and just waited for a Trinity to show up in the team. Trinity maintains health, shields and energy up, even if the moas do their thing or you don't get orbs, I just spam Bastille so that almost nothing touches the rover, and that's it.

But if I could choose 2 other members they would be Mesa, to sit on the rover and provide long range support, and Valkyr for survivability and melee. 

Edited by Kamijisaca

Just did It with a Frost putting bubble in front of the truck while me as Nyx spam my ult on top of the truck.

They are trying to figure it out. They didn't use a conclave limit this time.

Although the person that thought "Thrown Weapons + Nullifiers = Tactical Alert" should get glaives thrown at him.

Or they could've added a mechanic that allows thrown weapons to penetrate shield domes (Nullifier ones, or maybe even the arctic ones).

Glaive+punch thru mod (even rank 0) will pen both shields but sadly only arctic type mob take damage from direct penetrated hit, nullifier simply ignore that glaive flying in face as long as his shieldpubble is still up.

As an answer to the request, concerning making throwable melee bypass nullifier shield, they make an event where you have to fight off tons of such enemies with no other weapon and without said bypass. Very. Funny. Cynicism worth a serial killer.

Edited by LABAL

It is "^&^%$$##@" easy, when you exploit the game

No spam - no globes - no exploits. Just a Valkyr or Rhino and his melee who runs ahead and kills every single enemy that spawns near the rover. Stop this pointless rage already.

what a $&*&*#(%& mission, rover taking random damage which either goes out halfway or 2 meters from the end, screw you DE

Spent 2.5 hours last night completing it.

Tried using public, that failed miserably. People are morons.

I then found one guy in the squad who actually was intrested in team play, so I invited him.

I then went to region and recruit chat, got a few tips, and two team players more. We did fail 4-5 times while changing tactics and frames, but in the end we had a succes going and we cleared em twice so everyone got the mod.

A tip for people is go with a specre thats carrying a soma or so, then will help bringing down the nullifying shield.

It was frustrating, and annoying. But overall i enjoyed it. I found a few more friends to play with, and I actually had to think and make an effort to complete it, while learning more about differant frames and synergi between them.

I hope for more of these in the future, where challenge and teamplay play a bigger role than "biggest gun and best ulti gonna solve it all".

I also hope you 3 played with see this, but i doubt it. You were all awesome :)

It's a temp challenge, people complain without even trying it.  Nerf the crap out of WoF permanently, people say it's better than ever. 

DUDE DID YOU DO IT!!!!

all my teams have been maxed out frames and glaive primes and we can't the damned thing more then ten feet

Well, ended up going scumbag mode and Nyx Absorbing the entire tac alert. Sorry but I'm really losing faith in the tactical alert system now, it was a fun idea and the first few were great fun but Cold Revenge and now Overtake are making me seriously doubt the system.

Tactical alerts are meant to provide a different but fun way to play, this alert forces us to use an already underpowered and underused weapon (I had to craft a new glaive just to do it), present enemies that are basically immune to said weapon (nullifiers as weapon damage still doesnt have much influence) all while defending an objective with a weapon that cant kill anything. In the end the only reasonable way I can see to do this alert is completely ignoring the enemies and the throwing weapon itself, relying purely on defensive abilities such as Absorb, Turbulence and to a lesser extent (due to moving target) snow globe or bastille/vortex.

In the end I watched my Nyx absorb for 10 minutes, occasionaly leaving absorb to pop some shield restores (well done DE, I actually crafted shield restores) before going straight back into absorb.

This was terribly designed, even more so than Cold Revenge simply because the weapon youre forced to use is useless. Atleast in Cold Revenge it was tanky targets with damage reduction, though I still dont think taking away our abilities in Cold Revenge was a good idea either. That makes 2 tactical alerts now I've basically disregarded the rules of, in Cold Revenge I used energy restores and casted turbulence, not caring about the energy drain and now in this alert by simply ignoring the only weapon were allowed to bring completely.

Another huge disappointment of a tactical alert, the earlier ones were far more fun creating alterations to standard gameplay such as the toxic enemies on earth (difficult at first but learnable) as well as the other early tactical alerts. I also dread the release of Corpus Hijack now, I can see it being very similar to this event except you'll be able to destroy nullifier shields rather than just hope you dont touch them.

Ok i don't know if anyone else is complaining, but I have tried this mission over 20 times, and the one time we got to the pad and it said we failed. Lower the difficulty, its insanely hard for just throwing melee, this is madness, plus the enemies guns are op my shields and health are high but they tear through them like paper.  Please fix this. 

Energy restores+rhino's stomp+Rhino's roar+frost's snowglobe+Mirage's Prism+mirage's Total Eclipse+Mag's Shield Polarize=win

ik it might be hard to find this team but with a good teamwork its too easy ^^

Edited by qazsxc

I loved this one, personally.

Just picked off the nullifiers and spammed 4

DUDE DID YOU DO IT!!!!

all my teams have been maxed out frames and glaive primes and we can't the damned thing more then ten feet

Questionable acting of the players.

Git good, DE.

You wasted every "tactial" alert so far. Stop this

Play your game. Learn a few tricks. Think about skills. Examine the balance of weapons. Check on the usefulness of your own conclave raiting.

Check your mission personally before release, dammit!!!!

Git Good in game design, DE.

Guide to do the alert >

step 1 - take Frost <with lots of energy restores) and tirnity in a team (needed) and two other frames with high shield or with shield restore

step 2 - RUN and don't engage any enemy till u reach the trolly

step 3 - whole team stay on top of trolly with frost making (spaming) globes as the trolly moves.make a tunnel like structure of globes for the trolly.

step 4 - You dnt hve to kill anybody to cmplete mission .

this works perfect

>|>TESTED<|<

Edited by RPMbiker

this missiion is easy, think out of the box and keep moving in the mission...

a little hint: trinity + vapor squad....

now go complete that mission ppl.

Tehe... I found it kinda funny...

You just need a team that works together. And if someone doesn't play the way they should, everything is ruined.

It actually made me rage. Really loud.

Took me 6-8 tries to get 2 points.

That probably isn't even much, but there have been some "flip- table" situations:

One time 2 team mates just died and didn't revive.... rover got rekt.... a few inches before extraction.

Then some noob just decides to start the rover without anyone ready except himself. Rover got rekt before it could leave the starting point.

And last time the team barely made it,.. (around 400 health remaining).... and some other noob who's been dead the entire mission declaring "lol I was dead" .... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. YES YOU WERE:::: AND YOU DID 0% DMG YOU USELESS ..... ***.

Playing with randoms is a pain. You wouldn't believe how many Rhinos I've met doing the alert. Being completely useless.

I've tried radial disarm Loki, Vauban, and Nyx. Absorb Nyx turned out to be the most usefull.

Git good, DE.

You wasted every "tactial" alert so far. Stop this

Play your game. Learn a few tricks. Think about skills. Examine the balance of weapons. Check on the usefulness of your own conclave raiting.

Check your mission personally before release, dammit!!!!

Git Good in game design, DE.

Would downvote if I could.

This is by far the best and most challenging tactical alert so far.

It actually needs you to have a strategy.

There's nothing wrong about this tact. alert.

Would downvote if I could.

This is by far the best and most challenging tactical alert so far.

It actually needs you to have a strategy.

There's nothing wrong about this tact. alert.

I beat it solo, in two runs, with Nyx and bunch of restores. I just sit on top of a rover and use Absorb.

No action, no difficult, no challenge, no tactic, no startegy, no game.

P.S. And "choosen" weapon are totaly useless for this alert, bcs Null's shields almost invincible for throwning weapon.

Edited by letir

well 4 hours and hundreds of tries and can't do this bs. Keep your damn mod cause this is just plain stupid. 

I can't believe people who say "oh, this tact. alert is so good, it actually needs strategy!".
A "strategy" with only two steps (bring r30 Nyx with maxed Stretch and Flow, ride the rover till the end) is not a strategy, it's just the same thing we do every day when we bring a Frost to defense - common sense. I tried to do it through, as I believed, was the intended way - to use Glaive and kill every last sonuvaCoprus in my way. It. Does. Not. Work. Not in the slightest. Arctic Eximus Nullifier variant is just cruel, especially with those restrictions.
Then I said "ahh, forget it.", pulled out a Nyx which I haven't played in two months, checked for Primed Flow and Stretch, and went to town, spending a total of 5 large energy restores for two runs. 
I've seen some previous tact. alerts, and they were better than this, because at least they didn't force me to play with a combination of equipment I don't even like (Nyx is ok, but I don't care about her). "The Eyes of Blight" wasn't that much fun, but it achieved at least something - I got interested in Archwing after saying "nah, this is kinda boring" at it's release. 

TL;DR: The purpose of the event was not achieved. It's impossible to do the normal way, and the working way is clearly not what was intended.

Please, DE - don't try to make tactical alerts "just a long alert with a single gimmick, which may or may not be fun and fair". Tactical alerts should have something of a "campaign" feel to them, sort of like quests, but in one mission - perhaps a unique map could help - with players completing goal after goal, not running the same thing ten times for points. Something like a siege, starting with an Archwing infiltration, then Tenno proceeding on foot to storm the gates, destroy the command posts, hunt down the commanders, and escape before it all blows up? Maybe in more than 4-member squads, too.