[DE]Rebecca

Tactical Alert: Overtake

It was fun :)) Had to restart a few times ...

Well, in the end Nyx(4th skill) + Messa(4th skill)+Spectral Drone got us through!!!

Experimented with multiple warframe configurations

This is simply impossible with the amount of nullifies.

CORRECTION:

Found a viable strategy

I saw the difficulty of the mission and forgot to apply DarkSouls logic to it. Suceeded with 2 Nyxs and 2 random frames that killed nullifiers.

Got my Astral Twilight in the end

Well, here's my opinion, for whatever that means to anyone. 

I hated this "tactical" alert very much. I don't understand why DE thinks taking our toys away and making instakill bullet sponges everywhere is in any way tactical. I understand that tactical alerts are supposed to create a challenge that is intended to make you play out of your comfort zone, but there's an obvious lack of effort put into these tactical alerts. It feels as though someone just went into an RNG program, asked what unit to spam and rolled with it. But throwing melee and an enemy that specifically resists throwing melee? There's a certain level where challenge stops being challenge and becomes frustration. Tactical alerts are going the right way by not basing it off the (broken in most player's eyes) conclave system, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't have any thought put into them as to how they will actually play. I'm sorry if I seem rude, that is not my intent, it just looks unprofessional to crank up the spawning on a unit the majority of the community does not like and ask us to fight them with weapons not well suited to them.

End rant, TL;DR Make sure Tactical Alerts are challenging but not frustrating. This can be solved with playtesting.

Frustrating? I ran this mission with 1 friend. We made it through the entire mission. Very challenging. We loved it. Made it with 700 health. 

Thought it was pretty easy.  But then, I don't wet myself at the sight of a nullifier.

Also, I enjoyed riding atop Santa's sled.  :P

me and my bro ran this with 2 glaive primes, not even maxed, no potatoes 2 runs 2 wins nova and nyx, people are too used to rushing, works fine on the lower planets, but some things actually take a bit of skill and patience. go run a nightmare alert and laugh at the rhino noobs who try to rush it and die in 30 seconds with no shield mod, then let them die and use revives as punishment, wait for them to repeat it untill they quit in rage, then finish the mission with a little skill

EV trinity + turbulence zephyr. maybe a loki to disarm, so long as he doesnt rush and get killed and needs respawn and kills everyone else consequentially.

I'd like to note that I found this alert particularly interesting in what it encouraged for gameplay, and look forward to more like this.

• Upvote 4

I'd like to note that I found this alert particularly interesting in what it encouraged for gameplay, and look forward to more like this.

So you like being encouraged to drop an energy restore/have a Trinity with you and spam Snow Globes until you reach the end?

If it had been possible to solve the mission by actually using your thrown melee, I would've liked it, but the way the mission was built up, those weapons didn't work at all.

• Upvote 1

I guess i stand alone on this one...

This was actually the first real well made Tactical alert if you ask me. It gives you a challenge you have to overcome and a problem to solve.

You have to create a tactic on how to win against the odds. For you who says it is impossible; i did it with the team of: Valkyr, Nyx, Trinity and Frost.

Once we found that team comp it turned out to be quite easy to beat.

This is not about RNG, this is about tactics and skills. I can't see why do many are angry about that.

P.S. if you see this DE please replace some of that RNG (the void droptables) with content like this. - Content that gives the player a challenge, and where they can feel like a spaceninja when they finally manage to beat it. 

(If players thinks this is too hard and wont like a real challenge... - go play "kirby's epic yarn")

• Upvote 1

So you like being encouraged to drop an energy restore/have a Trinity with you and spam Snow Globes until you reach the end?

If it had been possible to solve the mission by actually using your thrown melee, I would've liked it, but the way the mission was built up, those weapons didn't work at all.

No, I like being encouraged to come up with a solution besides "KILL EVERYTHING WITH WEAPON AND POWER SPAM!!! RAAAAWR!"

It was entirely possible to kill things with your thrown melee, and use of them was mission-critical in a few of my runs(I did it quite a few more than needed for the stance). There were TONS of possible solutions, including yours.

The main point was that you had to actually think, not merely deadhead your way with <insert weapon> prime gunning down everything you see.

Previous tactical alerts were all easily overcome by dropping yourself down to 1 weapon and a rhino prime, and powering through it with iron skin.

That was not even remotely an option in this TA, and it was quite refreshing that it wasn't.

Combat wasn't the best solution to the problem, and it was entirely plausible to beat the mission without making a single kill. The range of different abilities and tactics employed to succeed was quite fascinating.

I very much would like to see more missions where you have to "think outside the box" because there IS no box to begin with.

It was also interesting to see everyone trying to use thrown melees, at whatever level of competence they could muster.

Plus, the reward was an AWESOME stance.

...and it only required 2 runs if you didn't want to really invest time/effort into it.

• Upvote 2

No, I like being encouraged to come up with a solution besides "KILL EVERYTHING WITH WEAPON AND POWER SPAM!!! RAAAAWR!"

It was entirely possible to kill things with your thrown melee, and use of them was mission-critical in a few of my runs(I did it quite a few more than needed for the stance). There were TONS of possible solutions, including yours.

The main point was that you had to actually think, not merely deadhead your way with <insert weapon> prime gunning down everything you see.

Previous tactical alerts were all easily overcome by dropping yourself down to 1 weapon and a rhino prime, and powering through it with iron skin.

That was not even remotely an option in this TA, and it was quite refreshing that it wasn't.

Combat wasn't the best solution to the problem, and it was entirely plausible to beat the mission without making a single kill. The range of different abilities and tactics employed to succeed was quite fascinating.

I very much would like to see more missions where you have to "think outside the box" because there IS no box to begin with.

It was also interesting to see everyone trying to use thrown melees, at whatever level of competence they could muster.

Plus, the reward was an AWESOME stance.

...and it only required 2 runs if you didn't want to really invest time/effort into it.

I loved this alert. I did it several times over. I was the only one in my clan willing to do it repeatedly to help everyone get it.

Hijacks like this are what Mobile Defense should have been.

• Upvote 2

Oh, sure, killing a Nullifier is possible with a thrown melee weapon, but it takes at least 7 throws to pull it off. If it had been enemies without bubbles, I could see your point, but with dozens of Nullifiers and arctic Eximus filling the battleground? Nope.

It didn't. It just made me think inside of a bubble instead of a box.

This alert totally wasn't solved by power spamming at all, no... Spamming 3 instead of four is such a major difference in playstyle.

I'm not against hijack and I'm not against hijack with thrown melee only, but Nullifiers and arctic eximus just tell you to not even bother fighting since:

it was entirely plausible to beat the mission without making a single kill.

This alert wasn't focused on "beat it with thrown melee", it was focused on "beat it without fighting" which I find to be bad. If you limit the weapon choice, make us use the weapon you limit us to.

And this time the one weapon we used was practically useless and we still forced our way through the map, not with iron skin but with snow globe. Such difference.

If they want advice: If you force us to use a particular type of weapon, make sure that it's actually useful against the enemies we're presented with.

Thrown melee vs. Nullifiers is not a good combination.

If they want advice: If you force us to use a particular type of weapon, make sure that it's actually useful against the enemies we're presented with.

Thrown melee vs. Nullifiers is not a good combination.

It would have been better if they'd simply done something where thrown weapons had to be thrown to trigger unreachable door switches or something that made them as useful as daggers would have been for anybody who didn't normally invest time and effort into the smallest weapon class in the game (that more than one of exists).

Guys, guys, guys. This alert is easy as all hell! Just play as Nyx and press 4.

• Upvote 1

You know, this tactical alert was probably geared towards people who like the galives and reward them by giving them a situation where they would have to think outside the box. A glaive user.

I will admit that I feel this event proves that Nullifers themselves need to be reworked. If not their spawn rates in missions then their shields durability.

The mission only needed to be run twice. TWICE. And it was a weapon specific alert with a weapon specific mod on the line.

Personally, it wasn't even the nullifiers that were the difficult think to get around. It was magnetic procs. THAT was what bother me.

At the same time, that new stance makes helping other people who need to do the mission really really really easy. It just decimates everything. It's poetically beautiful.