[DE]Rebecca

Tactical Alert: Overtake

I just finished it.

Mirage (Prism/Total Eclipse) + Zephyr (Turbulence) + Mag (Shield Polarize) + Didn'tfactorinatall + Enough large energy restores to keep prism going nonstop. Took ~10 per run.

Stupid alert. Never again. Nullifiers are still awful.

• Upvote 9

I've got a feeling completing this will be all about the typical consumable + power spam and have nothing to do with thrown weapons. I've got some energy restores to waste, I suppose, but is it fun? Challenging? No.

• Upvote 4

I like the idea of using certain weapon types (in this case thrown weapons) instead of a conclave limit. However, when forcing us to use one type of weapon we shouldn't have to fight enemies that are so resistant to it. I had half dozens of Nullifiers on my screen at times.

Also, the rovers health is a bit to low (this is sadly the case for extractors and mobile defense targets as well, they don't scale well in high end missions).

I can see that you tried though, and at least we only have to do this twice. Also, new stance mod.

Tip: Zephyrs Turbulence helps block bullets, at least as long as the rover doesn't drive THROUGH the Nullifiers.

Edited by UltimateSpinDash
  • Upvote 6

DE, maybe you should just not do Tactical Alerts until you can actually figure out how to make a good one.

They are trying to figure it out. They didn't use a conclave limit this time.

Although the person that thought "Thrown Weapons + Nullifiers = Tactical Alert" should get glaives thrown at him.

Or they could've added a mechanic that allows thrown weapons to penetrate shield domes (Nullifier ones, or maybe even the arctic ones).

Edited by UltimateSpinDash
  • Upvote 11

They are trying to figure it out. They didn't use a conclave limit this time.

Although the person that thought "Thrown Weapons + Nullifiers = Tactical Alert" should get glaives thrown at him.

LOL. That's brutally harsh! :D

Anyway, it would start by DE not immediately catering to the section of the community that wants incredibly hard (read: near impossible to beat) enemies, and by DE not requiring useless weapons for these alerts. In all, they just aren't well thought out.

• Upvote 3

Got it done easily.

Two Frosts on the front of the payload spamming Snow Globe, Avalanche and Energy Restores as needed, and two team members running interference.

Guys I just beat it. Put a nyx on top with as much streamline and duration mods as possible and start absorb. She barrel rolls through it. XD

• Upvote 1

well I done it once

done it with a zephr I just rushed to the rover and activated it

stood on the rover placed a energy pack down and a medium shield restore when needed and just stayed on the rover just using turbulence (what fun) sarcasm... ended up at the end with 1300 on the rover didn't even move off the rover

Edited by tris1

What the hell just happened?! 
Second run. 3 guys on the rover, while I scout ahead. Then there's a HUGE nullifier. While it casts a second bubble (arctic?), I jump inside the bubble  and get shot to death by him, taking note of his sparkling red aura (energy leech? what?). Rhino Prime with full health and about 1000 overshields rushes inside to get him and POW! he is down too. Then goes the Nova. And then Trinity. And then the rover with 1900-ish health goes to zero with no other enemy in sight JUST before the platform. Mission Failed. Good riddance.

Edited by LABAL
  • Upvote 1

This is weird, seems like the toned down the enemies. Did it twice and we got it down b2b. Before that we had trouble getting passed the corridor. No frosts. I was vauban using bastille with max range and throwing them far as i could and going ahead of rover to place them. Loki with Decoy. Trinity and Rhino with restores and taking down enemies.

ninja fix?

• Upvote 1

- You're forced to use melee

- There are too many nullifiers that deflect melee weapons easily 

- No one uses throwing weapons so you're going to see people with unforma'd and unpotato'd glaives or kestrels

- You're trying to defend a moving object that has virtually no health

- Magnetic damage messes up your shields which cuts them in half and messes up your energy

- Cold environmental damage that halfs your shields even further

Like this is insane

All that and half of them are eximus.

• Upvote 4

Actually contrary to alot of these people I like that your first run you are basically guaranteed to fail it makes you strategize and be "TACTICAL" come up with a good plan to survive the onslaught i found mine;)

• Upvote 2

Actually contrary to alot of these people I like that your first run you are basically guaranteed to fail it makes you strategize and be "TACTICAL" come up with a good plan to survive the onslaught i found mine;)

Veterans will always find a way. If its a glitch, we abuse it.

• Upvote 11