[DE]Rebecca

Tactical Alert: Overtake

not using restores unless they drop like health kits in marvel heroes, which is nonstop. I'd never buy them, never craft them.

For the guy that said "Us veteran players enjoy this" I tell you I'm a veteran player and I didnt like this mission at all.

Took me a couple of missions to actually come up with a tactic(lost like 6 times before actually winning):

1 Trinity spamming Energy Vampire

1 Frost spamming Snow Globe

1 Mag spamming Shield Polarize

1 Limbo spamming Cataclism

Notice the repeating word? thats right, spamming. I dont like that at all. It felt cheesee and cheaty.

• Upvote 9

Random magnetic damage from corpus that makes me miss the old disruptor ancients, cant hit a single thing with the nullifiers, our shields just now get cut in half on ice planets, and after about 5 failed missions, the only one that even came close to finishing failed because of the health drain on the objective, this is easily the worst idea you guys have had yet. Do you WANT me to stop playing this game? All you need to do is ask at this point. I would rather have another terrible archwing event then this. I want to like this game but then you keep doing something stupid like this. Please, stop it.

• Upvote 1

A bunch of whiners. Seriously. 

1. It's really not that hard. It took 3 runs with randoms to get it done. 

2. Just because you don't like the restrictions doesn't mean it's a bad alert. 

3. It was made clear from the introduction that Tactical Alerts would be alerts with certain restrictions (for those of you that "don't like the way DE is going with these alerts.") The point of the alerts & how they would work was made clear from the get-go. 

4. Not everything is for everyone. If you don't have the weapons necessary, there's really no point in doing it because the reward will be for a weapon you don't have or don't want. If you don't like the alert, you don't have to play it. 

5. If you can't complete the content, that doesn't mean it sucks. Maybe something else sucks. *looks at you* 

JS. 

Edit: I mean for Pete's sake, it's called DIVERSITY! It's something new. Something different. 

Edited by Rexlars
  • Upvote 4

So, I took some time to test a few things. I found that the Warframe mod "Reflection" goes straight through the Corpus Nullifier Shield Barrier, which made the Tactical Alert somewhat more solo-able. Still died, but I was able to clear more of the mission than I was able to before with that mod on and in a blocking stance.

Edit: Yes I was running this solo with Excalibur Prime, just for fun and to see how difficult the mission was while I waited for my team to get online.

Edited by Dojutrek

For the guy that said "Us veteran players enjoy this" I tell you I'm a veteran player and I didnt like this mission at all.

Took me a couple of missions to actually come up with a tactic(lost like 6 times before actually winning):

1 Trinity spamming Energy Vampire

1 Frost spamming Snow Globe

1 Mag spamming Shield Polarize

1 Limbo spamming Cataclism

Notice the repeating word? thats right, spamming. I dont like that at all. It felt cheesee and cheaty.

Sry, but you're wrong.

Nyx absorb on rover + raksa kubrow. Solo win! 0 kills. No spam at all.

P.S. or Turbulence (Zephyr)

Edited by -10no-RedL1ne

It's really not that hard to complete, I had a random group with unmaxed glaives and we completed it on our 2nd and 3rd attempt. Take some Mirage's and constantly cast Hall of Mirrors, then have someone who can easily pick off non-nullifiers like Mesa =)

I was waiting for this to happen....

Difficulty this game needs is NOT spawn spamming enemies until you can't breathe. I am not doing this event because I have already been sick of stupidly high spawn rates for the last few months. Even today, the first room of a Ceres ext had 8 bombards. That is just stupid.

Sure, more enemies is more xp, but as soon as xp isnt considered, it is just mindless killing with no actual accomplishment. We have already patted ourselves on the back for killing armies; how about feeling accomplished for being smart?

Stop, please.

• Upvote 3

Deth machine guns.

Defense powers.

Melee throw? HAHAHA, I'm not getting off this jeep! And you can hardly aim and they do squat to shields? Are you nuts?! They are just trying to bait you to get you off so you can instantly die and be left behind or the mission fails instantly when others try and retrieve you.

Edited by Firetempest

Sry, but you're wrong.

Nyx absorb on rover + raksa kubrow. Solo win! No spamming at all.

P.S. or Turbulence (Zephyr)

I never said it was the only tactic, i just mentioned the tactic i used. Being different is not being wrong :)

Great TA once my clan-mates and I figured it out. Failed the first run, and quickly had a strategy afterwards that made it easy.

Cheers, DE...

Completely Defeat the Purpose of using poor melee weapons though.

Edited by GamePois0n

1. Enemies capable of 1-shotting most frames

2. Nullifiers

3. Taking away guns, which are the only way of reliably defeating said nullifiers.

4. Easy way to win is to power-spam certain frames and spam energy restores.

I completed this mission with clanmates sitting on top of the rover hitting 2 buttons repeatedly for the duration of the mission, that's not exciting gameplay or the kind of gameplay that says "quality".

It wasn't a challenge and it wasn't something we were proud of completing. There was no tactical aspect to this alert, other than bring the frames who could spam their powers until the finish, power spamming is in no way being tactical.

I don't know what DE was thinking about this alert, whether or not it was a middle finger to the community, the same community that wants nullifiers changed or removed.

Whether by malevolence or incompetence, this event is encouraging the same kind of power spam mentality that DE wants to get rid of in "the year of quality".

This is a pathetic way to start your "year of quality", pathetic.

Edited by Mjr_116
  • Upvote 10

DE announces tactical alert and players go head on thinking this can be done whithout any tactic.

I applaud DE for once making something hard and not too repetitive. Finnaly something inept players can't do.

Corpus Hijack is probably my favorite gamemode.

But this tactical alert takes everything about it that's fun and removes it. :O

It was okay once you've got the strategy down, but it's pretty damn tough, especially because those sniper-laser corpus don't get debuffed by Valkyrs Turbulence... also way too many Nullifiers. Nullifiers are just anti-fun units. x)

4IwekPR.png

• Upvote 3

DE announces tactical alert and players go head on thinking this can be done whithout any tactic.

I applaud DE for once making something hard and not too repetitive. Finnaly something inept players can't do.

^ not entirely sure who youre trying to call inept....

these alerts should be playable for all players....not the select few that have the resources or the platinum to pay for all the warframe slots

granted i finished this without much problem after reading all the strategies on here....but there are a lot of low ranking players who are limited on frames or even equipment to use properly in this alert.....

ill agree that it is hard and not repetitive....but i dont agree with you flipping the middle finger to players who arent you

• Upvote 5

- You're forced to use melee

- There are too many nullifiers that deflect melee weapons easily 

- No one uses throwing weapons so you're going to see people with unforma'd and unpotato'd glaives or kestrels

- You're trying to defend a moving object that has virtually no health

- Magnetic damage messes up your shields which cuts them in half and messes up your energy

- Cold environmental damage that halfs your shields even further

Like this is insane

I wish I'd seen this thread and post before wasting money on a Kestrel.

-le sigh-

Finally a challenge!

Took us like 6 attempts. We were giggeling like little kids when we made it. 

Awesome!

Hype hype!

(maybe next time DE adds a Rank restriction, it is a quite unwelcoming environment for new Tenno)

Keep trying guys, the stance is totally worth it!

If you're having trouble, here are some tips:

• Bring a lot shield and energy pads and keep up the defensive abilties around the rover. Zephyr, Frost, Limbo work great here. Mag is obviously worth considering as well.
  • If placed right, the restore pads travel with the rover.
  • If you decide to travel on the rover itself, don't stand still. Lanka shots are evadable.
  • You don't even need to kill all the enemies, just get through to the end.
  • Your Sentinel's Deth Machine/Laser Rifle will help a lot against the Nullifier bubbles.
  • There are a lot of Anti Moas around as well. Consider equipping Handspring.
Edited by Kontrollo
  • Upvote 2

There is a difference between challenging, and Frustratingly Difficult.

Personally I did not find this "Fun", I found it exhausting and mind-numbing.

Interestingly enough, it seems that everyone's "Tactics" or "Strategies" involve

-Obscene amounts of energy/shield pads

-Specific Warframes with Specific build and mods.

-Have nothing to do with Thrown Melee weapons

Edited by Sudri
  • Upvote 15

Did it 4 times (forgot to scan rover, and it is not in Codex -_-). With ease. But why do we need throwing weapons VS nulifiers? Throw is useless against them, so only 2 options:

1) Stay on rover and use nyx/frost

2) Same as 1, but run around and kill enemies with melee swings in process.

Oh yes, I tryed to use throw+channel explosion. Still useless.

PS I really want to see any Tactics that include "Throw melee at enemies"

Edited by TargetDummy
  • Upvote 1

Very frustrating mission with the gazillion nullifiers running around. And then some kind of 'new' moa that shoots you and disrupts your energy from a mile away.

But after numerous combinations and failed attempts we made it easymode with:

2x Frost Prime

1x Volt

One Frost (me) rode around on top and just kept dropping energy+shield restores (they stay on the rover) and just mash my globe and avalanche. The other Frost just laid down globes in front of the rover so it could drive through while the Volt just did his ulti every time mobs got in range.

So yeah ... 'Tactical' alert. There's nothing tactical about it; just trowing as many annoying handicaps into a mission which force you to a game of 'find the frame' and plow through restore pots while mashing your 3+4 keys.

I really hope DE will be able to do better and actually test their stuff as this felt more like the devs just phoned it in.

Edited by Danakar
  • Upvote 1

You've got it backward DE, you make a game of Space Ninja and take out everything that makes Space Ninjas out of the game... is WF meant to become a survival game ?

Boring event that requires no skills at all, just pods and the good Warframes.

Edited by kebra
  • Upvote 1