[DE]Rebecca

Tactical Alert: Overtake

Another consensus, only can be won with ease with select frames. Again another problem. Pegion holing people into choosng certain frames.

Lets not forget we play this game for fun, and not all of us want to deal with a cheap challenge (nully spam) for fun, and not all of us want to spam abilities the entire time.

If you made it, good for you, you are part of the in crew.

Edited by R34LM
  • Upvote 1

- You're forced to use melee

- There are too many nullifiers that deflect melee weapons easily 

- No one uses throwing weapons so you're going to see people with unforma'd and unpotato'd glaives or kestrels

- You're trying to defend a moving object that has virtually no health

- Magnetic damage messes up your shields which cuts them in half and messes up your energy

- Cold environmental damage that halfs your shields even further

Like this is insane

Glaive and kestrel don't need a forma for the best build.

Fleeting expertise frost.  Does no one remember the last hijack event?

Zephyr Max Ranged to Defense, Spam 3.

Mesa supp.

Valkyr to kills (Suicide mode, but is really easy)

Triny to heals/EV

Really easy to do, no one die.

Edited by Hyacen

The throwing weapons are specified for the challenge, because they are obviously, obsolete.

Or because they were using the alert to release a thrown melee stance :|

• Upvote 1

^ not entirely sure who youre trying to call inept....

these alerts should be playable for all players....not the select few that have the resources or the platinum to pay for all the warframe slots

granted i finished this without much problem after reading all the strategies on here....but there are a lot of low ranking players who are limited on frames or even equipment to use properly in this alert.....

ill agree that it is hard and not repetitive....but i dont agree with you flipping the middle finger to players who arent you

There is plenty of content just like the tactical alert, T4 survival or a nightmare mode alert isn't exactly doable for a newbie and the same goes for a Tactical alert.

They have 3 days to build a weapon and to do the mission twice, far from being unfair

There is a difference between challenging, and Frustratingly Difficult.

Personally I did not find this "Fun", I found it exhausting and mind-numbing.

Interestingly enough, it seems that everyone's "Tactics" or "Strategies" involve

-Obscene amounts of energy/shield pads

-Specific Warframes with Specific build and mods.

-Have nothing to do with Thrown Melee weapons

Exactly. I do not believe anyone finds it "fun" to spam restores and spam abilities a mind-numbing amount of times. They might just be kissing up to DE as they can do no wrong. 

I feel as if the community is holding back the game for letting DE walk over them with unbalanced changes and what not. But fanboys are fanboys, nothing you can do about that. 

Off I go to waste restores and get bored. Maybe I'll watch a film seeing as I don't have to be present to spam 4.

Edit: I was right, it was as easy as pressing 4 and putting down a couple shield restores. If anyone is having trouble just use max range and efficiency Nyx. Just jump on the hoover and don't move. Bam, done. You can solo it with her. Just bring one energy restore and 10 shield restores. With Flow her energy can last the whole run. No point in spamming plates with less inefficient frames like Frost unless you really want to waste resources. 

The film I watched was Guardians of the Galaxy, great flick. Please DE think and most importantly PLAYTEST before releasing a new tactical. Thanks xoxo

Edited by Ittia

This was easy, and I can't understand why always so many people complain if they have to think a little bit more than they are used to.

Edited by BLI7Z
  • Upvote 4

There is plenty of content just like the tactical alert, T4 survival or a nightmare mode alert isn't exactly doable for a newbie and the same goes for a Tactical alert.

They have 3 days to build a weapon and to do the mission twice, far from being unfair

t4s can be done at any time. Nightmare can be done at any time. Both can be worked up to. Tactical alerts are now or never.

That, honestly, makes your point invalid. And trust me, 3 days doesnt do anything to help. It is not about building the weapon, but it also requires the skills.

Fun event, great stance.

I tried Mag which didn't work for me and ended up on valk with a channeling lifestrike build on glaive prime where I would copter in and murder the nulls then warcry to slow stuff down and use paralysis to knock down the moas.

Had nxy shielding the rover, mirage causing general chaos and a rhino who was roaring, stomping and helping move the rover along.

Took 3 trys to get it down by talking to the group and trying different things and then smooth sailing.

Used specters, restores and all the other tools DE gives us.

Try talking to your group and using tactics.

• Upvote 1

Fun event, great stance.

I tried Mag which didn't work for me and ended up on valk with a channeling lifestrike build on glaive prime where I would copter in and murder the nulls then warcry to slow stuff down and use paralysis to knock down the moas.

Had nxy shielding the rover, mirage causing general chaos and a rhino who was roaring, stomping and helping move the rover along.

Took 3 trys to get it down by talking to the group and trying different things and then smooth sailing.

Used specters, restores and all the other tools DE gives us.

Try talking to your group and using tactics.

That doesn't work with pugs. Don't be stupid.

This was easy, and I can't understand why always so many people complain if they have to think a little bit more than they are used to.

Are you trying to be elitist or just plain insulting?

Not everyone plays the same way.

• Upvote 2

Are you trying to be elitist or just plain insulting?

Not everyone plays the same way.

Just saying that a very big % of posts are always people saying they can't do something, instead of just keep trying. 

• Upvote 1

Seeing how most of the random people will join run ahead and die, nxy with stretch and overextend is a sure fire way to win it.

If the throwing weapons actually went through the bubbles it would be cooler, but no it just becomes a skill spam.

Seeing how most of the random people will join run ahead and die, nxy with stretch and overextend is a sure fire way to win it.

If the throwing weapons actually went through the bubbles it would be cooler, but no it just becomes a skill spam.

No skill spam at all (well ok I used the iron skin) - we had 3 ppl on the rover and one guy who rushed through the mobs and killed all nullifiers with melee (me). Just move faster.

• Upvote 1

Just saying that a very big % of posts are always people saying they can't do something, instead of just keep trying.

Slightly better wording than last time, and I can see your point.

Here is the thing though, I wouldn't want to keep trying if I was being oneshotted by something I couldn't shoot back. It is a sense of powerlessness that comes unwelcome in a game where you can own anything 98% of the time. Plus, as I will repeat, if the only way to beat the mission is to pick a certain setup, then that just takes away idividuality, in my opinion. This feels worse when the mission is trying to advertise using throwing weapons when, logically, it can only be won with spamming abilities, something DE is trying to avoid.

• Upvote 1

-Duplicate Post Deleted-

Edited by R34LM

logically, it can only be won with spamming abilities, something DE is trying to avoid.

You don't need to spam. We did 4 runs without anyone spamming anything other than self protection à la iron skin or blessing.

• Upvote 1

Doable. Quite doable. Bring armor, don't throw (or just don't bounce) but get in and hit them instead, grab frames with offensive powers.

• Upvote 1

This sounds like fun. I'll have to try it today once I get home.

I'm planning on a Nyx, Trinity, Excalibur and Mag/Nova for either protection & CC or extra damage.
Maybe switch Nyx for a Frost.

Edited by MeowTezu