[DE]Rebecca

Tactical Alert: Overtake

The success I saw was using an energy restore for the frost that basically made a trail of snow globes.  Yeah someone has to deal with a few nullifiers that are in the way, but with enough snow globes nothing else can hammer the truck.

It wasn't a just grab your penta tactical, but it still didn't really inspire anyone, because there just isn't much to make it a meaningful mission.

You know what I find to be the WORST part about this clearly rushed Tac Alert?

That dumb-as-heck forced requirement of a THROWING WEAPON. You know, the weapon class of which only FOUR exist in the game, and of that number, Glaives are not easily availiable to be built as the regular one is an alert-only BP and the Glaive Prime means grinding towers. Oh, and the Halikar? Two argon crystals, which ALSO is grinding towers.

Seriously, to anybody who doesn't have a throwing weapon already built and ready to be equiped, DE is forcing players to build the Kestrel. That is the only weapon in the game that anybody can be able to reliably get and still have time to actually do the stupid mission. Sure, you could grind Towers to get the Argon Crystals for the Halikar, but forcing players to play at minimum two towers simply to get something that isn't the Kestrel? Simply to play a bloody mission that's already too hard?

But wait, there's more! Because as I learned, you CAN'T go into this mission without a throwing weapon - as in you can't go in without any weapons period. I have the Kestrel cooking now because it's the only option I even have, but this is ridiculous that I can't have the option of going in without it now. Honestly, why can't I go in with a dagger or something? I don't have higher level frames like the obviously crucial Frost. My friends don't have Frost.

As it stands, I can already clearly tell the real story behind all this - Inevitable permanent addition of Corpus Hijack to balance that mode out because right now it's mostly still Grineer themed back on Ceres. But at the same time, this is only taking a terrible game mode and making it worse by forcing people to use the biggest joke of a weapon class in the game purely because getting all but one of them involve grinding unrelated to the Tac Alert.

And what does all that spell? NOT. FUN.

• Upvote 2

You know what I find to be the WORST part about this clearly rushed Tac Alert?

That dumb-as-heck forced requirement of a THROWING WEAPON. 

Seriously, it was everything well thought through. I mean explain me: Why do you NEED to do this TA so badly (that you feel right to rage about it), if you don't even posses or use a throwing weapon, which only can exclusively use the reward of it.

• Upvote 2

Took 14 tries to get it and I burned 9 revives from one shot kills. But we got it done!

Tips:
Overshield the wazoo out of it. Seriously.
Health pods don't seem to help. We had 4 on our rover and it didn't heal at all. Maybe Rejuv will, but not pods.
Nullifiers aren't your problem, go in an melee them before they shoot you.
Moas are a serious problem. Not only do they one shot you from out of no where, but their bubbles have knockback.
The rover's health isn't so much of an hp, but a timer. Each shot reduces the time to finish. We made it to the extraction (without anyone shooting near us) and still lost as the rover roller up the ramp to stop. Felt like the Liset was flying in as we saw the Mission fail screen. Not fun.

We finally finished it we someone pumping overshields on the top, a Frost tunnel, Loki with irradiating disarm, and a random dps Tenno.

It's hard. And you will scream. Many, many times.
Sad part about it all? I don't use throwing weapons often enough to want a stance, so I didn't really need the reward. Just got it for completion. :\

Side note: Unless they are able to put their abilities on some kind of separate frequency or something, how are the nullifiers able to use skills? They nullify...
Also they seemed more like a "Hey look at what we can do" crazy/goofy type mob rather than an actual feature.

It's pretty weird that this event requires a throwing melee weapon that does not decides at all the success of this mission. It's all about dropping restores and spamming defensive abilities of Zephyr / Nyx / Frost / etc..

Wow! It seems every time I finish reading a page of hate mail for making this event, another page is formed. But seriously DE.

We hate this alert because it:

A) Drains your energy

B) Halves your shields

C) Rover Halves your Shields

D) NULLIFIERS EVERYWHERE!

E) Any enemy that is not a nullifier, is an anti moa.

F) Thrown melee weapons only? really?

G) No new player can take part in this. 

H) rovers eats up damage faster than a nyx can absorb it

H) It is on Europa

Next time you want to do an alert on like this with 40 minibosses every 4 steps, DO IT ON VENUS! At least then the enemies will be "easy" to kill.

Next time you want to do an alert on like this with 40 minibosses every 4 steps, DO IT ON VENUS! At least then the enemies will be "easy" to kill.

Name one argument, why it should be an easy alert for everyone and why beginners need a heavily specialized stance.

Seriously, it was everything well thought through. I mean explain me: Why do you NEED to do this TA so badly (that you feel right to rage about it), if you don't even posses or use a throwing weapon, which only can exclusively use the reward of it.

Because that throwing weapon aura is the second reward? I kinda want to get the next tier on my Stratos Emblem thank you, but I can't even play the ONE mission required...because of the fact the throwing weapon restriction shuts out the majority of the playerbase who opt for more straightfoward melee options.

Honestly, if they just stuck a Mk. I Glave in the market that could be bought with credits, this wouldn't be a problem as much as it really is because then at least people wouldn't be forced to wait 12 hours to actually play the event.

Because that throwing weapon aura is the second reward? I kinda want to get the next tier on my Stratos Emblem thank you, but I can't even play the ONE mission required...because of the fact the throwing weapon restriction shuts out the majority of the playerbase who opt for more straightfoward melee options.

The Stratos mastery don't force you to have the highest rank by any means. If you aren't ready for everything that could be used in warframe as a sort of quest, then you can't be sure to get it and aren't qualified for this highest number .... and yes it is only a number on an emblem, that isn't even fancy enough to wear it.

However you have more than enough time - even to farm Glaive Prime (or buy it if you are lazy - there are hundreds who sell it now).

THIS ALERT IS AWESOME EASILY DOABLE SOLO

Just use FROST stealth for first part of mission to avoid nulli detection ride van pop restores globe and have a NICE RIDE IN ANTARTICA :D

So.

The simple way to solo it

I can probably do it with a rank 0 glaive.

or I can do it the "defenceless" fun way

not gonna say it's a well-made event,
but definitely not restricted like ppl thought:S

Hell, Wyrmius is much harder than this :S....

• Upvote 1

Well, I just finished the mission (It was... new) and I want to say some things:

1) The mission is hard, but then if a mission don't make you think twice before going in, it's not really a good mission.

2) The two times (in a row) that I won both were with 2K of HP, and I was alone with a Trinity (I was Frost), I just made a way of Snowgloves and when I was out of energy/life Trinity just gave me that and we finished in less than 15 minutes.

Stop complaining, is not the hardest mission ever, I had a lot of fun thinking in a way to do it.

That is, it forced players to basically break the mission by using skills/warframes that could effectively make sure the nullifiers didn't destroy the rover in the first 20sec.  Prolly not the best way to create a challenge environment if you're forcing players to basically break the game for the loot.

I agree with this, even if the Tactical alert is able to challenge, i wonder if that experience is acceptable in the end, with knowledge you can overcome the mission, but it feels like we are breaking it, mainly, i guess, such feeling come from the expectation of a shooter game, one expects to find some fire exchange, im not saying that it should be like that, we have a lot of missions to play like that

We see them rollin'.

We hatin'.

We tryin' to catch them riding dirty.

Don't you mean we Hayden?

I'll show myself out

• Upvote 1

So.

The simple way to solo it

I can probably do it with a rank 0 glaive.

or I can do it the "defenceless" fun way

not gonna say it's a well-made event,
but definitely not restricted like ppl thought:S

Hell, Wyrmius is much harder than this :S....

Watched most of the defenseless video, and I think I see the disconnect. I never tried it solo. I tried it with two other clanmates and the SECOND we opened that door for the rover, there were 11 (We counted them through the window) Nullifiers all packed together (two of them frost eximus double bubbles) . Perhaps it was a big scaling problem that's causing all the frustration?

I mean, I adore my Kestrel. I use it a LOT with power throw and quick return to get a one-shot explosion that does 22K crits. I thought I would tear this mission to pieces with it. None of which seemed to affect the nullifier bubbles much at all. I guess they don't take splash damage?

I finished the Mission, got the rewards, but I don't feel challenged in a way I feel successful. The only tactical aspect of it I really found was the aspect of "Find the exploit" and/or figuring out what I can spam to survive this.

We settled on me being Nyx Prime and sitting ontop of the rover with like 600 power reserve mixed with the snow globe train and a little limbo support. All of us using Deth Cube's chain cannon. The rate of fire seemed to poke away at the bubbles fast, even though it was only doing tiny damage.

So yeah, we 'won,' I guess, but it doesn't feel like a satisfying win. More of a guilty one as if I had to cheat on my final exam to get by.

• Upvote 1

The mod is freaking sweet, nice job on that xD

About the mission, I feel it kind of missed the point, if there is one. It was more a test of abusing warframe abilities than of  thrown-melee prowess. If you weren't going for anything regarding melee skill though, I guess it was fun trying to keep that rover alive lol.

• Upvote 1

as masochistic as last one with Napalm and Roller Arson-type Eximuses.

I'm disappointed with you people. Just because it's filled with nullifiers and Anti-MOAs means you can't finish this.

It's like you just wanted this easy-peasy like a mere Terminus Exterminate mission.

Oh, don't say I had it easy. Had revived 7 times using 3 warframes (Excal for lulz Hayden Tenno skin, Frost then Loki). It was masochistically fun.

For everybody complaining about the requirement, you know what I thought of it? It means nothing. Might as well go unarmed and use every ability you have for your warframe, and it's against a horde of Nullifiers.

- You're forced to use melee

- There are too many nullifiers that deflect melee weapons easily 

- No one uses throwing weapons so you're going to see people with unforma'd and unpotato'd glaives or kestrels

- You're trying to defend a moving object that has virtually no health

- Magnetic damage messes up your shields which cuts them in half and messes up your energy

- Cold environmental damage that halfs your shields even further

Like this is insane

I just finished the whole thing without even using the throwing melee. Someone from my random group was smart enough to use frost and spam snow globe ahead of the truck and I just happen to be a trinity.

People like you needs to stop being a BIG BlTCH about everything that's not easy.

Edited by Oranji
  • Upvote 3

Just fully completed the alert with a team. Here's how we approached it. 

1) If you have Large Energy/Shield/Health Restores, equip them and prepare to use them. Overshields and energy restores will save your life and the health of the rover.

2) Same goes for Specters and/or Syndicate recruits. We found that the extra bodies helps draw fire and distract enemies. 

3) You can "ride" the rover by standing on it. 

4) You team composition should consist of a mix of warframes with large area damage/disarm abilities, warframes that can absorb fire, and warframes that can revive without damage. Example: our team setup consisted of a Frost, Rhino, Trinity, Nyx.

5) Damage absorb warframes ride the rover and draw fire. In our case, the Nyx used absorb throughout the route. The large area damage warframes run ahead of the rover and use their abilities to take out as many units as possible. The reviver moves around using restore items, attacking enemies, and reviving if necessary.

6) The real danger in the level are the AntiMoas and Oxium Osperys. Their attacks can rapidly deplete the rover's health and they absorb a great deal of damage. The goal is to kill and/or disable as many of these as possible throughout the route before the rover reaches them. The often stray from the nullifyers, so try to use large area attacks to get rid of them as soon as possible. The nullyfyers, while annoying, don't deal as much damage to the rover as these enemies.

7) You should aim to have at least 1000 health for the rover by the midway point of the route, roughly when you go out of the tunnel. Assuming you don't take damage, the rover should have enough health to not completely deplete before reaching the circular launch pad.  

8) I found that enemies mass at three points in the route: right at the beginning, in the middle of the tunnel, and right before the pipe bridge. If you are running interference in front of the rover, spam your area attacks as much as possible to kill as many enemies as you can. 

9) Don't rely on your throwing weapon to do the majority of your damage. I used the Glaive, and its throwing attack is too slow to deal with the mobs that try to overwhelm the rover. Use it in melee to take out stragglers and to deflect fire from you.

10) Dying increases the danger of losing the rover, as another player will have to revive you, taking focus away from protecting the rover. Try to stay alive as much as possible, and use health/shield/energy buffs during lulls in the fighting.  

We completed the second run on our fourth try, so it is doable. You do need to plan ahead, bring plenty of buffs, and coordinate. I hope this advice is helpful. Good luck! 

• Upvote 1

DE needs to rebalance nullifiers. They're way too strong on high levels and other enemies like to play "Mt. Campamanjaro" inside the nullifier's barrier. It's a nightmare for solo players. It's always nice having a barrage of bullets from 10 high level enemies at once coming after you isn't it?

Very nice Tactical Alert. The nullifiers were a bit tough, but it was doable.

Was fun! I loved it. <3

And the stance is also awesome!

Edited by -S-O-Yetili

Ok,you guys need to stop complaining....I did it in 2 runs.....With pub teams.....I did not even join those whom I know...Just randomly went in and did it.....

Use your brain.....Use a Mag,it's a Corpus mission.....Its not about the Glaive/Kestrel.....When you get nullifiers,go in and kill them......Then,Shield Polarise.....You should be good to go...

• Upvote 2