Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

So Scott dropped this hint:

"With this warframe, you get different damage types depending on the power color." (need help on the exact quote here.

I think they're talking about a light based frame.

Just imagine the cool stuff they could do with not just stuff like camouflage, but things with UV-light, Infrared-light, etc.

Anyways, lets discuss the possibility's!

p.s. i did pause stream so i might have missed someone guessing the frame already.

EDIT: Ninja'd, probably best to merge or delete this threat.

Edited by undernown

Invoker frame

I'm going to need a new bucket for all the.. drool just thinking about it.

But it's so not happening.

Elemental damage changing depending on colour.. That has nothing to do with the way DotA Invoker works, sadly.

Kinda meh, if you ask me.

I use clan scheme, which implies red energy colour, so it's kinda restricting a bit.

But hey, new frame. Get hyped.

Is that what they said? I missed it.

If it IS, then maybe Prism/Conflagration - as in MY Prism/Conflagration?

Yeah, I don't think so either...

Its pretty obvious.

it changes based on energy color. that eliminates basically all option.

What is effected by color??? Light. It could be invoker, or maybe dragon.

Though LIGHT based frame was popular, and does have a effect on color sooo. I think this is by far the best bet.

I somehow doubt that's the case, because that would be an absolute programming nightmare.

I don't see how anyone would want "Well I get plasma powers if I pick Aquamarine, but Fire powers if I pick Cerulean."

I can't remember Scott's exact words, but i believe he didn't exclusively say your appearance colour would determine the damage type.

Its more likely that its gonna be like Zephyr's Tornado, or his first ability is a power that switches between colour so the following powers will change as well.