Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

Not once have said he didn't have wings but

pHxmBIa.png

This/These can hardly be called wings

That's 350% your opinion. 

I think they fit the fact that he's a body of armor that needs to flip around and be agile while remaining reasonably small and not having his wings hook on things (logically speaking) while he's fighting. 

We can go on all day b o y z.

Cosmetics referring to cosmetic items. That's what pretty much everyone I've met in the game refers to them as.

Cosmetic means anything that affects the way your whatever looks in a Video Game.

ANYTHING.

color palates

i'm sure the Colors won't be inaccessible.

it still requires that you Cosmetically look N way when fighting Y Enemies or when you want V Playstyle or look like T visual style.

Edited by taiiat

Yes it does. You might refuse this fact, but Japan calls them Sea Dragons. They're as much a dragon as the Komodo Dragon is. They are real life living dragons, and you will never get anything closer then that. It's the very basis for the pokemon Kingdra being a Dragon type.

Even if they were real, sea horses and dragons would not be of the same species, meaning they are not the same.

So calling what you're spouting a fact is hilarious actually.

Yes it does. You might refuse this fact, but Japan calls them Sea Dragons. They're as much a dragon as the Komodo Dragon is. They are real life living dragons, and you will never get anything closer then that. It's the very basis for the pokemon Kingdra being a Dragon type.

Real life living dragons? Really?

What difference does it make anyway, he doesn't look like either.

The only thing someone could say is the snout looks vaguely like one from a seahorse.

But you can not tell me that he looks like a dragon without lying to me.

Well, there's your creative bit right there! They wouldn't be enemies, they'd be allies. Dragons breathing fire and acid at your enemies! :P

Anyway, I'm tired of this debate. We both know it is not going to go anywhere constructive as far as the devs are concerned. So, congrats, you win? Suffice it say that my disappointment with this frame design, which I was hoping would be enough to get me interested again, has actually made me want to play less. Hopefully Volt prime will actually look like Volt, but at this point I'm not counting on it.

No one wins in this. 

Also no...those things are the spawn of hell and you'd end up becoming melted flesh if you tried to get near them.

Cosmetic means anything that affects the way your whatever looks in a Video Game.

ANYTHING.

Cosmetics referring to cosmetic items.

Nice work with avoiding the point entirely and nitpicking like a sod.

Good to know you're not up for formulating a decent response.

Copypasta from reddit, all my original post though:

I'm actually starting to really like him now that I've been examining his gif, and general details. http://i.imgur.com/6hqncb5.png Looking at his design, his 'neck' seems to be his actual head, with the face shown here under the snout.

The "head" everyone's seeing seems to be more like a head dress, sitting on top of his head similar to like this

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/036/f/6/teva___taxidermy_wolf_pelt_headdress_by_naturepunk-d5tzmub.jpg 

As well as the back, arms and legs as well. The front of him looks less animalistic and sort of cloth like, right? More like clothes, with the red behind him wrapping around and clinging. Overall it really gives a headdress appearance, just slightly more fused to his body.

http://i.imgur.com/twFb1D4.png 

Am I wrong? It seems to drape over his arms, and sort of hang in the back, as well as being connected to the legs a bit. Comparing to the wolf pelt before, the arm bits could even be seen as wings that are draped over his arms as well, similar to how the front paws are in that picture.

I don't think it's the only layer to his appearance, but I'm genuinely convinced this was some inspiration for his design.

I think it's noteworthy also that his silver parts, most clearly his shoes seem to be much less organic as well.

http://i.imgur.com/wM34voH.png

Which further cements this for me, that the red is more of a pelt with silver gray as "him", not that in actuality it's not all part of the frame, but that it's intended to be seen as such.

We won't know for sure until more footage is given, but viewing him this way really changed how I see him from "ehhh" to "actually pretty dang cool", wanted to share this discovery.

*edit* whoops.. well I don't know how to make the black go away.

Edited by NearoC

Well, there's your creative bit right there! They wouldn't be enemies, they'd be allies. Dragons breathing fire and acid at your enemies! :P

Anyway, I'm tired of this debate. We both know it is not going to go anywhere constructive as far as the devs are concerned. So, congrats, you win? Suffice it say that my disappointment with this frame design, which I was hoping would be enough to get me interested again, has actually made me want to play less. Hopefully Volt prime will actually look like Volt, but at this point I'm not counting on it.

Chroma's design made you want to not play the game entirely anymore? Your disdain for Chroma made you disregard sentients, new pvp, new tilesets, raids, a bunch of cool new weapons, new enemies, new gameplay and more? 

No one wins in this. 

Also no...those things are the spawn of hell and you'd end up becoming melted flesh if you tried to get near them.

You're not wrong there, it's a discussion after all.

I think they fit the fact that he's a body of armor that needs to flip around and be agile while remaining reasonably small and not having his wings hook on things (logically speaking) while he's fighting. 

It doesn't seem to provide any sort of function. But we'll see.

I'm too guilty of this at some point, but it seems like its very easy for people to critique professional works in a very disrespectful ways. But on the other hand the same people can easily praise amateur's works which can be considered "objectively worse".

This is why i have trust issue with people, it seems like the art itself didn't matter. People only care in expressing their opinion, even if it's insulting or even if it's lying.

Well said! +1 for the humility on admitting you do this sometimes. 

Chroma's design made you want to not play the game entirely anymore? Your disdain for Chroma made you disregard sentients, new pvp, new tilesets, raids, a bunch of cool new weapons, new enemies, new gameplay and more?

Yup, didn't care about that stuff, especially the pvp. I'm a dirty casual. Bye.

Edited by HuangZilong

Of course it's my opinion what else would it be?

There's one problem however with that notion since wings help you fly but I don't see Chroma flying anytime soon with those flaps

Nobody I have ever heard of considers them to be items. Now you're just nitpicking.

But I just joined the discussion >_>

Either way, colour palletes are not an inherent gameplay element, currently they are there simply as cosmetic items, theyre even sold under cosmetics / customization bundles in the market, what else would they be?

Edited by Somedude1000

You just called them armor. Meaning even you don't see them as wings.

Free post count at this point.

Yup, didn't care about that stuffm especially the pvp. I'm a dirty casual. Bye.

Lol i'm just asking. With these discussions I can understand how one can get caught up and forget that they revealed a LOT of stuff and not even everything for u16. Thought i'd remind you but i guess it doesn't matter now does it? lol

Of course it's my opinion what else would it be?

There's one problem however with that notion since wings help you fly but I don't see Chroma flying anytime soon with those flaps

Mythologically speaking not all dragon's flew, and not all dragon's needed wings to fly!

You just called them armor. Meaning even you don't see them as wings.

Free post count at this point.

I didn't just call them armor what are you talking about? lol

The fact that it breathes fire and is very similar to the Chromatic dragons from D&D, pretty much cements it in my mind that yes it is a dragon.

I honestly think people just want those typical bulky smaug-esque western dragons. Nothing original or unique.

Hell, Monster Hunter has this classified as an elder dragon: http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Kirin

In the context of monster hunter creatures like the Kirin are classified as "Elder Dragons" based on power and legend. Its done because they wanted a wide variety of end game monsters that when given this title everyone would understand as being among the games most powerful enemies.

Not to mention the creatures in monster hunter arent things the player actually gets to be. We just kill them, so its not as important what they are.

What we have here is something that looks nothing like a dragon calling itself a dragon, and the reason this is important is because its player controlled. We wanted something that actually reads as being draconic and we got an ant eater. Its a joke.

The reason this is an issue is because now something cool is off the table under the dragon catagory. This is what we get, and its all we get, and its nothing like a dragon.

The frames design could have been used for something else, but instead it now sits enthroned as the only "dragon" this games going to get.

I was really looking forward to this frame because of its dragon and color changing elemental theme, but this is just a hilarious dissapointment.

DE is really good at taking what I'm looking forward to most and making it something I dont even want to jump back into the game to play.

ANYTHING.i'm sure the Colors won't be inaccessible.

it still requires that you Cosmetically look N way when fighting Y Enemies or when you want V Playstyle or look like T visual style.

OK I see what your saying. In retrospect your playstyle and efficiency in combat would be determined on your energy color (which may not even be a color you like). In this regard it is a negative, because it would limit your creativity to solely what would work for your frame at the time.

Let's see how it plays out for Chroma and if it is a bad design move, then we need to make sure it doesn't become a returning thing where new frames and weapons get bonuses or playstyle changes based on colors and appearance.

I originally read it as you saying that players who hadnt purchased colors would not be able to use this warframe efficiently. Whoops! ^_^"

Real life living dragons? Really?

What difference does it make anyway, he doesn't look like either.

The only thing someone could say is the snout looks vaguely like one from a seahorse.

But you can not tell me that he looks like a dragon without lying to me.

It's got a tail, it's got wings, it breaths fire, and it's red. Looks like a dragon to me