Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

One, sec, gotta find the pic, at the very beginning of the gif of it breathing fire, you get a good look at what is meant to be vestigial wings.

Vo8TLt8.png

Ok here it is, you see the wings (Well, can only see the one wing at this angle) are on it's back but also start connected to the shoulder bone. They are very clearly meant to represent vestigial wings. In the same pic it's tail looks far more tailish, even if it's tail doesn't taper off.

That is still part of its shoulder and is not on its back. You can clearly see it in other pictures. I already acknowledged the tail, never denied it.

That's a pretty short snout; Only part of it is narrow. Chroma's 'snout' bears a striking resemblance to an anteater or seahorse's snout.

And in various points of Eastern mythology, Sea Horses were seen as young / adolescent Dragons, there even being a term for them as "The dragon's lost child" (which, as a note, would be a very nice subtle reference by DE if intentional).

I'm just not sure where rat-face, dog-face, and reptile-face Dragons are all acceptable, but Sea Horse is taboo / undesirable.

So we learned this about people in general:

A: Some may have a different taste than you.

B: Since they are in fact not you, they react in ways you maybe would not.

Just for the record, I have no idea what this thing looks like, but people act like people do, nothing special about it.

Hopefully you had fun at Tenno Live! :D

Cya in-game, blut ;)

Just saw this buddy! Lol And look around the forums, and take a GOOD look dude. He look pretty cool.

Um what? Lol there were sea dragons that ruled over sea rather than land/air. 

Both not eastern dragons. 

Aso Chroma is very oriental and ornamented WHILE being armored and given a twinge of warfare's theme. I think it's come to the point where we can claim Chroma is a very original design. Unless someone can post another game/image of something/someone being designed very similarly to Chroma without being funny and linking a sea horse.

Sea dragons often travelled and live in their ocean to protect said ocean

As for western dragons, they are typically given wings and any that don't can't fly, that is the general consensus of a dragon

Also just because it's original doesn't mean it's good.

Yea I said he is a body of armor when I mentioned wings twice in that sentence I referred to them as wings, not armor...

Also small question: If, for talks sake, that Chroma is just all armour then how would those stubs do anything to help him move?

Edited by Eredoc

I don't think wings are strictly supposed to be on the back.

Getting better angles of the wings, it may also be that that it's based on a Wyvern (Just like the stupid Skyrim ones) and have Arm wings. But are still vestigial and are just arms now.

Well when you think about it, it's not inconceivable why they'd choose that kind of snout. I remember once thinking seahorses could shoot water of those snouts, so to me, it's not strange to see someone use that kind of snout as a way of breathing fire. 

I'd have less of a problem with it if it was called a seahorse themed frame from the beginning (I'd still think it was fugly).

Nothing within the lore states that they didn't design their suits, either. Rhino could have been an instance in which one of the Tenno had become very upset with the current situation. While the other Tenno, not necessarily ones that were afflicted by the Void, could have lent a hand in the designs.

If it isn't stated one way or the other, why are you assuming that they did? And what part of Rhino Prime's lore made you think that it he would be an exception? Also "We took the twisted few that had returned from that place. We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction." -Excal. That implies the tenno had nothing to do with their frame designs as later it makes it clear that whoever is speaking, they aren't tenno "These rejects, these Tenno, became our saviors. "

And in various points of Eastern mythology, Sea Horses were seen as young / adolescent Dragons, there even being a term for them as "The dragon's lost child" (which, as a note, would be a very nice subtle reference by DE if intentional).

I'm just not sure where rat-face, dog-face, and reptile-face Dragons are all acceptable, but Sea Horse is taboo / undesirable.

Those are all mythological creatures. Seahorses are a very real thing, if DE wanted to model it after a seahorse they should have called it a seahorse frame. When you say 'dragon-frame' you imply that it will be referencing the fictional beings, not a bearded dragon or some other example of a real animal.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

Wings are either on the back, are extended from the index finger, or replace the arms as limbs.

And is it impossible for it be at the shoulders as well?

Besides this is fiction, not reality. 

Edited by ScrublordPrime

The voiceless can't won't speak for themselves so they don't.

Although statistics do matter...

Then please be a voice and a statistic. I created a thread for an alt design or alt helmet.

chroma%20copy_zpsh36ftngs.jpg

heres the thread if you want to upvote

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/413364-a-make-over-for-chroma/

Misconception or not the new design simply isn't very appealing.

I'd have less of a problem with it if it was called a seahorse themed frame from the beginning (I'd still think it was fugly).

Pretty sure no one would want a seahorse frame. It'd be scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Then please be a voice and a statistic. I created a thread for an alt design or alt helmet.

chroma%20copy_zpsh36ftngs.jpg

heres the thread if you want to upvote

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/413364-a-make-over-for-chroma/

Misconception or not the new design simply isn't very appealing.

More advertising...

I assume you call the dangly bit in the back that doesn't look like a tail it's tail?

Well then, limbo has two.

Wings? Lumps. They resemble wings as much as it resembles a dragon.

Breathes fire? GG, argument over, can't top that.

Hahahah, really. Nothing can breath fire except dragons? Nothing?

Elemental dragon, stereotypically red, has a snout, wide shoulders in honour of wings, in the fire breath picture it had darn tail

Golem, or more likely due to some "mysterious source", a quest frame.

Edit: Try not to double post, you can copy paste the thing you wish to quote into previously done messages and put it there.

Edited by TyrantBelial

I was initially really so so on him but then I came to really love him as I paid more attention to his design. I won't go and copy pasta the whole thing I typed up on reddit, but basically summarized with:  http://i.imgur.com/Q3uiJVo.png http://i.imgur.com/TYjdzBQ.png http://i.imgur.com/QKY9fky.png

and "all the red on his body is actually like a pelt, hanging on him and sort of wrapping on him, while the silvery stuff is far less organic and even has proper shoes.

to be honest i was expecting something with more scales, and horns...but that thing....looks so...ugly...i mean even zephyr looks more dragonish than chroma and she's a bird themed warframe, seriously, i wasn't expecting a sea dragon, at all...

i feel so dissapointed....