Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

So obviously the dragon frame seems...not dragon like (this is not a discussion on this). But someone mentioned this in another thread "It'll be dropped by the new Golem". And it hit me...

What if this is like Valkyr. An altered warframe that isn't representative of the original frame. If it does drop from golem, then this means it's an infested frame and doesn't truly represent the look of the original prime frame. 

What do you guys think of it?

If it isn't stated one way or the other, why are you assuming that they did? And what part of Rhino Prime's lore made you think that it he would be an exception? Also "We took the twisted few that had returned from that place. We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction." -Excal. That implies the tenno had nothing to do with their frame designs as later it makes it clear that whoever is speaking, they aren't tenno "These rejects, these Tenno, became our saviors. "

Because we don't have every last bit of lore at our disposal. What's to say the Tenno aren't simply Orokin with a different social class? It's speculation but it's better than dismissing the idea that it's possible

I don't think he will be a drop, but that he'll be a quest.

However, I think you are probably right about him being partially infested.

If you pay close attention to his design all that's red on him is more of a pelt wrapped around his body, including the head that's on top of his actual head, while the silvery parts have a less organic (but still more proper than more recent frames) appearance, even as far as warframe shoes for feet. 

His red parts, infested or simply design part have a completely different structure from the rest of him.

We don't even know what the abilities do yet and I highly doubt any of them will be straight damage types as that's the kind of game play Scott has been steering away from as of late. As it stands right now straight elements (Fire, Frost, Electric and Poison) aren't worth enough alone to really be the deciding factor in determining success, only when you get to elemental combinations do you see any real impact and even there, the damage itself isn't the deciding factor, it's the procs.

The essence of this argument could extend to the elemental frames as well if we're being technical; why bring Volt to anything but Corpus? What I'm trying to get at is until we know exactly what his abilities do and how they combine with the elemental options we shouldn't cry foul.

I agree that this could set a very negative precedent though and I hope this game play type stays unique to Chroma and only Chroma. 

Nice work with avoiding the point entirely and nitpicking like a sod.

Good to know you're not up for formulating a decent response.

Might want to look up what sod means, as depending on what part of the world you are in, it can be a incredibly derogatory remark. Though if you did mean to call him a form of top soil, I'll go ahead and apologize in advance.

Oh come on, now that's just being stupid.

So is trying to call this thing a "dragon", but people manage to do it.

Posted it somewhere else, but I'll post it here:

The Dragon frame most resembles a Neak dragon mixed, perhaps, with a Basilisk.

Those are dragons.

Doesn't really resemble a Neak... The snout is kinda similar but not by much...

You can't bring the Basilisk into this since it's commonly regarded as a shape shifting creature, so it doesn't look like anything.

Edited by (XB1)Gray Silhouette

Um what? Lol there were sea dragons that ruled over sea rather than land/air. 

Both not eastern dragons. 

Aso Chroma is very oriental and ornamented WHILE being armored and given a twinge of warfare's theme. I think it's come to the point where we can claim Chroma is a very original design. Unless someone can post another game/image of something/someone being designed very similarly to Chroma without being funny and linking a sea horse.

Yea I said he is a body of armor when I mentioned wings twice in that sentence I referred to them as wings, not armor...

Got to disagree with you there. I see nothing oriental in his design. Ornamented I don't disagree with, but ornamented doesn't always mean good looking. I keep looking at him and I'm not seeing how he is any more armored than every other frame out there... you know, since their entire suit is armor. Very original=/=good looking. Trinity's butt flap was very original, but it is still hideous. Also, deny it all you want but he heavily resembles a seahorse (in face only imo) and/or anteater (face and body). His arms resemble Ash's too. And his helmet (when you squint) resembles Zephyr's.

Same reason why Frost as a fan on his alt. helmet. It does nothing to really help him.

But that's not the point, Frost's Squall helm has a fan for artistic flair and fits [sorta] with the theme of keeping things cold

Those "Wings" aren't artistic at all and the reason why the question is brought up is because Blut said that they could be used by chroma when he needs to "flip around and be agile".

But that's not the point, Frost's Squall helm has a fan for artistic flair and fits [sorta] with the theme of keeping things cold

Those "Wings" aren't artistic at all and the reason why the question is brought up is because Blut said that they could be used by chroma when he needs to "flip around and be agile".

Whether it's artistic or not is subjective. 

And it could be a jetpack or something that can let him roll faster or sprint faster

Might want to look up what sod means, as depending on what part of the world you are in, it can be a incredibly derogatory remark. Though if you did mean to call him a form of top soil, I'll go ahead and apologize in advance.

Maybe I did. You judging me m8?

Pretty sure no one would want a seahorse frame. It'd be scraping the bottom of the barrel.

More advertising...

I'd rather have a seahorse frame that looks the part, than a dragon frame that looks like an anteater. If something as unique as seahorse-frame is considered scrapping the bottom of the barrel, I shudder to think what something as generic an idea as dragon-frame is considered.

Because we don't have every last bit of lore at our disposal. What's to say the Tenno aren't simply Orokin with a different social class? It's speculation but it's better than dismissing the idea that it's possible

Your speculation<my direct quote of the lore. Especially when your different class theory doesn't actually support your argument.