Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

Whether it's artistic or not is subjective. 

And it could be a jetpack or something that can let him roll faster or sprint faster

I think it might be a jetpack since I only see one stump and it looks nothing like a wing. But if it is a jetpack, that isn't going to help him flip around and be agile. Imagine trying to do a shoulder roll with that thing on your back.

I've only seen pictures of it in the forums and it makes me feel that this frame is most likely the Mutalist variation of the original concept.

Mutalist as in, almost completely affected by the infestation, not like Mutalist Mesa who was a test subject of Mutalist Alad V.

You know the infested, they tend to grow on you.

Your speculation<my direct quote of the lore. Especially when your different class theory doesn't actually support your argument.

The Tenno and the Orokin would share the same culture if they are within the same caste system, so it would

Whether it's artistic or not is subjective. 

And it could be a jetpack or something that can let him roll faster or sprint faster

At which point, I'd like to point out something I noticed

pHxmBIa.png

Notice the Chroma on the left? the wings are actually on his shoulders so they're not really wings [or in this case a jetpack] since it's not on centre mass.

Edited by Eredoc

Sea dragons often travelled and live in their ocean to protect said ocean

As for western dragons, they are typically given wings and any that don't can't fly, that is the general consensus of a dragon

Also just because it's original doesn't mean it's good.

Also small question: If, for talks sake, that Chroma is just all armour then how would those stubs do anything to help him move?

for the 800th time you saying its not good doesn't mean it's not good either. It's subjective a.k.a opinion. What is FACT however is that it's original. Stop arguing about that. It's original and nothing can take that way from it unless you provide legitimate proof that it's not original. And it being original, fleshed out and implemented in a game thousands play and love is very respectable and something to be appreciated. Why don't people understand that?

Idk bro how does Rhino move? For, you know, "talks sake". 

hilarious that so many ppl are defending chroma's 'unique' design

when limbo and mesa look almost EXACTLY like what they were modeled after tuxedo stage magician and western gunslinger

regardless, i think chroma looks fine/meh/whatevs, maybe DE will eventually get back on the alt helm bandwagon and/or put out the rest of the 3rd versions

its not like they're going to re-design him at this point anyways

At which point, I'd like to point out something I noticed

pHxmBIa.png

Notice the Chroma on the left? the wings are actually on his shoulders so they're not really wings [or in this case a jetpack] since it's not on centre mass.

Ew, that makes it even worse... Now it looks like Nekros's shoulder flair but lumpy big. That shoulder tumor is almost as big as his head...

Now I'm hoping they pull a valkyr/nekros and turn those into a special syandana.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

But that's not the point, Frost's Squall helm has a fan for artistic flair and fits [sorta] with the theme of keeping things cold

Those "Wings" aren't artistic at all and the reason why the question is brought up is because Blut said that they could be used by chroma when he needs to "flip around and be agile".

Yo what are you reading I never said they can be USED to do that. Read my sentence. I said:

1. He's a body of armor. He is. HE IS.

2. His wings are small so that he can he can keep agile without having his wings catch onto something for lore sake.

Hahaha laughed my &amp;#&#33; off when i saw this so called most powerful warframe....

First rule of Warframe and DE crap "hype" is to kill that hype and have at most 10% expectation of it being as it was told. 

I think Mynki has used up all his cool designs a long time ago. The formula now is just to make obnoxious and overally themed frames or obscure and totally goofy frames.

I gave up on expecting cool frames as long as the art team is the same with their inconsistent results.

And we know they aren't gonna redesign a piece of this frame.

So let's just hope for a decent alt helmet and modify the colors and accessories to get rid of their original design and vision as much as possible.

No, they wouldn't. Different castes tend to have incredibly different cultures.

caste_system-oo4t9n.jpg

This is the Hindu caste system. All of the different parts are within the Hindu religious culture.

Edited by Xiusa

for the 800th time you saying its not good doesn't mean it's not good either. It's subjective a.k.a opinion. What is FACT however is that it's original. Stop arguing about that. It's original and nothing can take that way from it unless you provide legitimate proof that it's not original. And it being original, fleshed out and implemented in a game thousands play and love is very respectable and something to be appreciated. Why don't people understand that?

Idk bro how does Rhino move? For, you know, "talks sake". 

I'm not saying that because I'm dislike it means the overall thing is bad, because, again that's my opinion, but my point is that just because it's an original doesn't does NOT instantly mean it's a good looking design

Also, he walks but the "Talks sake" isn't whether Chroma can move or not, but how those stubs would be useful in him being agile.

I got a question for everyone. Can Godzilla fly? 

No? Ok. Does he have spines? Does he spit fire? Is he extremely large armored and scaly? Is he of the lizard variety? Sounds like a dragon to me. 

Yet he doesn't fly and he's not traditionally designed as a dragon. 

And is it impossible for it be at the shoulders as well?

Besides this is fiction, not reality. 

This is for clarification, I wasn't the one trying to lie about where wings have been on animals historically and fictionally.

Wings are either used to fly with or swim with, those stubs will help with neither.

It is confirmed to come from a quest.

I'm assuming that means it is more like Mirage and Limbo rather than say, any other frame.

I guess mesa is a precedent as well but w/e.

We will know more when it actually comes out.