Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

I'm not saying that because I'm dislike it means the overall thing is bad, because, again that's my opinion, but my point is that just because it's an original doesn't does NOT instantly mean it's a good looking design

Also, he walks but the "Talks sake" isn't whether Chroma can move or not, but how those stubs would be useful in him being agile.

But i'm just curious as to why you're saying that/pointing that out when i never said that because he's original it makes him good looking? Unless you're literally just stating that?

I think they fit the fact that he's a body of armor that needs to flip around and be agile while remaining reasonably small and not having his wings hook on things (logically speaking) while he's fighting. 

I think you'll find that you did, afterall, it'd be much easier for him if he just didn't have them, no?

Yo what are you reading I never said they can be USED to do that. Read my sentence. I said:

1. He's a body of armor. He is. HE IS.

2. His wings are small so that he can he can keep agile without having his wings catch onto something for lore sake.

Then what is the point in him having these shoulder tumors? All they're doing is making him LESS agile.

I got a question for everyone. Can Godzilla fly? 

No? Ok. Does he have spines? Does he spit fire? Is he extremely large armored and scaly? Is he of the lizard variety? Sounds like a dragon to me. 

Yet he doesn't fly and he's not traditionally designed as a dragon. 

Godzilla can fly.

Yes he has spines. No he doesn't spit fire. Yes he is large, armored, and scaly. Yes. He isn't a dragon.

He actually does fly and was never intended to be a dragon. Don't reference things you know so little about. 

(not really flying, but still) Edited by SquirmyBurrito

Guys I really think a lot of you are missing taiiat's point. It has nothing to do with having to buy anything to access gameplay stuff. It has to do with blurring the line between appearance customization and gameplay-altering choices. What if you were playing an rpg and if you wore blue armor then you had to use a sword and if you wore red armor then that mean you had use axes. In a sense this mechanic obfuscates player customization choices with regards to this particular frame. And yes, anything that alters the appearance of your character is is referred to as Cosmetics especially when it's not meant to affect gameplay.

It's a valid concern, and one that harkens back to when DE did away with the the old stat-changing helmets in the first place. It wasn't because you had to buy power, because they were common to find via alerts. It was because they didn't want players to feel like they had to look a certain way in order to enjoy special benefits. It defeated the helmets purpose as cosmetics items.

As for me, I think the frame will be interesting to play despite the concern. It's a bit of a gimmicky mechanic. But it's only part of the character of one frame. And I applaud the experimental nature of it. I look forward to trying it out. And as an Ember main I'm hoping you all run Heat. But I know that's not going to happen...

Edited by Ryjeon

At which point, I'd like to point out something I noticed

pHxmBIa.png

Notice the Chroma on the left? the wings are actually on his shoulders so they're not really wings [or in this case a jetpack] since it's not on centre mass.

So what now, dragon wings have to be center mass and not on his shoulders for him to be considered a dragon?

I think you'll find that you did, afterall, it'd be much easier for him if he just didn't have them, no?

Well i mean look at zephyr. She doesn't have wings but she literally flies!

Edited by BlutAdler

There is one thing that just came to mind about Chroma

What if one of the powers is about changing it's energy color? So that it doesn't even depend on the color palette of your warframe?

If you play with cards, the colors are not the red and black but the 4 Shapes on them like hearts (I have no clue what the rest is called in english).

What if that's what they mean by color?

Color = Power type

Edited by DJ_Vauban

Well i mean look at zephyr. She doesn't have wings but she literally flies!

She basically glides and that's mostly to do with the Oxium

As for the wings on shoulders, since Chroma has arms then yes, since flying would require the movement of your arms at the time IF wings were attached to your shoulders.

Edited by Eredoc

Then what is the point in him having these shoulder tumors? All they're doing is making him LESS agile.

Godzilla can fly.

Yes he has spines. No he doesn't spit fire. Yes he is large, armored, and scaly. Yes. He isn't a dragon.

He actually does fly and was never intended to be a dragon. Don't reference things you know so little about. 

(not really flying, but still)

Lolllllllll I have to honestly admit, I was wrong about godzilla not flying then. 

However, why isn't he a dragon? And how do you know he wasn't intended to be a dragon? What is he then? Because by BOOK definition without the wings, he's a dragon. ESPECIALLY now that you pointed out that he can fly. Lol. 

I've stated all my reasoning in the megathread already. but I'll state this here.

Maybe the reason it's not an ultra buffdaddy dragon. . .is because is many people were yelling for one and he's purposely designed it to troll you. And so people would move on to other fan designs instead.

Lolllllllll I have to honestly admit, I was wrong about godzilla not flying then. 

However, why isn't he a dragon? And how do you know he wasn't intended to be a dragon? What is he then? Because by BOOK definition without the wings, he's a dragon. ESPECIALLY now that you pointed out that he can fly. Lol. 

How about just a giant, Monsterous lizard?

EDIT: Now that I think about it, he resembles a Dinosaur more than a dragon or Lizard

Edited by Eredoc

caste_system-oo4t9n.jpg

This is the Hindu caste system. All of the different parts are within the Hindu religious culture.

Hindu=/=all societies with classes. And the culture from one caste to the next is still incredibly different in the hindu example. Sharing a common religion, doesn't change that.

So is trying to call this thing a "dragon", but people manage to do it.

Doesn't really resemble a Neak... The snout is kinda similar but not by much...

You can't bring the Basilisk into this since it's commonly regarded as a shape shifting creature, so it doesn't look like anything.

You do realize that these dragons have thousands of interpretations? One or two pictures you see will mean nothing. These do not exist as a single artist's interpretation, or a real-life creature to give comparison.

A Basilisk is not commonly regarded as shape-shifting. It is a reptilian creature, possibly a snake or legged, that can kill with a glance. Shape-shifting isn't a part of that.

"Stories gradually added to the basilisk's deadly capabilities, such as describing it as a larger beast, capable of breathing fire and killing with the sound of its voice. Some writers even claimed it could kill not only by touch, but also by touching something that is touching the victim, like a sword held in the hand. Also, some stories claim its breath is highly toxic and will cause death, usually immediately. The basilisk is also the guardian creature and traditional symbol of the Swiss city Basel."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basilisk

Neaks are often depicted of Nāga.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N%C4%81ga

Yes, those are wiki links. 

If you do not like wiki links, you can use the sources this information is taken from by following the references at the bottom of the page.

Check out his origin story, it is available all over the internet. Just make sure the origin story isn't Zilla's or Nu-Godzilla. Simplified version is godzilla wasn't intended to be a dragon because the creators didn't want him to be a dragon.

They would have to actually be on the back for this to be the case, and there should be no reason for them to be missing parts.

Then again, they aren't wings in the first place.

If they're connected to his arms, means that his ARMS use to be wings, as I stated above. and they evolved into normal arms, but the wing bits stayed as they haven't fully evolved away. Wing membrane is still growing on the arms. (Note I;m not saying that's literally how this warframe was made, just stating how it "could" would from a biological standpoint)

Edit: Tired, seems most people have calmed down or understand the "Sea Dragon" aspect. Going to bed.

Edited by TyrantBelial

How about just a giant, Monsterous lizard?

EDIT: Now that I think about it, he resembles a Dinosaur more than a dragon or Lizard

So now I'm wondering why you don't think a dinosaur resembles a dragon or lizard? 

Is a dinosaur not a lizard now? LOL.

And as I said book definition.. BOOK definition of a dragon with the exception of wings fits godzilla in every single one of his movies.

the same can be said about chroma in the sense that he is the manifested warfare themed DRAGON based/inspired off of the chinese archetypes. and I didn't want to say this earlier but he's recognized as a deity/superpower compared to other frames as pointed out by order and lotus in the files that were datamined.

So now I'm wondering why you don't think a dinosaur resembles a dragon or lizard? 

Is a dinosaur not a lizard now? LOL.

And as I said book definition.. BOOK definition of a dragon with the exception of wings fits godzilla in every single one of his movies.

the same can be said about chroma in the sense that he is the manifested warfare themed DRAGON based/inspired off of the chinese archetypes. and I didn't want to say this earlier but he's recognized as a deity/superpower compared to other frames as pointed out by order and lotus in the files that were datamined.

After recent discoveries of the 21st century, it is safe to say that dinosaurs were birds.

Hindu=/=all societies with classes. And the culture from one caste to the next is still incredibly different in the hindu example. Sharing a common religion, doesn't change that.

I know that not all of them don't. The point I am trying to get across is that the Tenno were within the same caste system and culture as the Orokin and that Chroma is essentially both of their designs, as well as the Tenno themselves may or may not have had some (if very little) role in the design of the Warframes. Yes, there is proof that the Orokin had a heavy impact on the Warframe designs, but there's also no way we can't say the Tenno had absolutely no part in that process ever.

We don't know a lot about the Tenno/Orokin Culture, which is why speculation helps bridge the gap. Such as when the community had attempted to decipher the Grineer, Corpus, and Tenno/Orokin language/alphabet. There was speculation involved as well as research. With very little knowledge of their culture, we are left to mostly speculate. Chroma could very well be part of their depiction of a dragon, hence why it looks like what people describe it as.