Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

Every complaint I've seen about cosmetics changing gameplay has had no valid reasoning for wanting to remove them. It's honestly idiots like OP and others who agree with him that stripped us of our chances to get arcane helmets. And the examples they give, completely outrageous and grossly over exaggerated. It's just energy color. One, small mechanic on one small frame that will most likely be Mastery Fodder anyways. Now just shut up and deal with it. Your precious energy colors and your opinions can go away.

In my opinion you are an A******. You just called me an idiot. Is it because I like men and women? Intolerant bastard. Energy colour is not small. Play a T4 def with a Frost+Pink Energy. Your bloody argument is so abstract. What in the seven plains of hell is wrong with the people who are trying to defend their point of view which states, that colours are not cosmeticals.

If you are colorblind, then you don't have a @(*()$ opinion on this @(*()$ topic. Deal the F*** with it.

Every complaint I've seen about cosmetics changing gameplay has had no valid reasoning for wanting to remove them. It's honestly idiots like OP and others who agree with him that stripped us of our chances to get arcane helmets. And the examples they give, completely outrageous and grossly over exaggerated. It's just energy color. One, small mechanic on one small frame that will most likely be Mastery Fodder anyways. Now just shut up and deal with it. Your precious energy colors and your opinions can go away.

My opinion is TOTALLY better than yours so you can suck it. 

See? I can say it too. And, you can get arcane helms, just fork over some plat in trade chat.

And yes this keeps going back to the original discussion of chroma because both of you guys are just fortifying my point. It's as if the idea of Chroma being original but still fitting the dragon theme is heresy to you because it doesn't 100% fit your idea of what you want him to look/be like. 

And we're back to square one with someone telling me something is not what it is because of some "fact" that he believes and therefore thinks everyone else should believe. 

Eredoc, we've established that what you can "tell" what you can "see" what you "think" is terminology to describe something that is opinion based and subjective. Meaning that what you stated isn't factual it is what you believe and can not provide proof otherwise. 

You've demonstrated that your definition of "dragon" is very concrete. You believe it should be this mid-evil older european image of a giant armored lizard that breathes fire, and flies.

I repeat this is YOUR definition of a dragon.

Now do this for me:

Type "slaying the dragon" in google and tell me what you come up with. You'll see a lot of hits containing the idea of metaphorically destroying a huge problem to society/community.

That's ONE way you can definite something as being a "dragon"

Now look up and read a few hits for "dragon archetypes"

There's ANOTHER way to describe a "dragon"

This is majority of your arguments on this thread.

"this can't be this because I believe this"

Nothing is factual. And I'm listing the facts for you. 

BOOK definition of what a dragon is.. godzilla is one. And that's subjective. Honestly you really can't sit here and tell me that it is fact that he is not a dragon. Because I believe he is. I admit that is my opinion but it is FACT that if you read up the definition of a dragon and you read up the description of godzilla they are pretty much the same thing.

I'd like to make one point: The Book definition of a Dragon can be anything because they're not real, however, the general consensus for a dragon is that an eastern dragon is snake like with a beard to symbolise their age and wisdom, Western dragon is often described as lizard like where some may have wings, so, if we put that against godzilla: is he lizard like? No Then he isn't a dragon

Think about this:
Warframes do not create a Tenno's power, they only enhance them. That means that the original Chroma (Primal Chroma) has a fire-breathing mutation protruding from his forehead. This,along with several other deformities, are result of his near-fatal contact with the void. AS A CHILD.

You're making fun of a deformed person.

Now you see why I always play solo...

Edited by Cunshmack

OHHHH okay so godzilla isn't a reptile that has four legs a long body and a tail?

So wait does he have THRE legs a short body and a stub?

I'm confused. 

Please refer to my post where I say that Dinosaurs would be classed as reptiles and since godzilla more resembles a dinosaur than a dragon or lizard he would still be a reptile

And for the 100th time stop trying to make that Chroma's originality is some amazing thing

Edited by Eredoc

My opinion is TOTALLY better than yours so you can suck it. 

See? I can say it too. And, you can get arcane helms, just fork over some plat in trade chat.

Does XBOX ONE even have em?

I don't think so. Also U16 will come later for them.

Will you be able to do all damage combinations with basic color pallet?

No. You will be vomiting permanently. Because they will all look ugly.

Does XBOX ONE even have em?

I don't think so. Also U16 will come later for them.

Ah, then he should take his own advise and deal with it. I don't see what makes him think it's ok to call people stupid just because they disagree with him.

I do understand your point, but personally I'm ok with only energy color (which generally only affects the appearance of your abilities), affecting how Chroma's abilities work.

From a game design perspective, a frame that does different things based on X should be obvious to other players in the group. For augments, it adds an additional effect to the ability. For Chroma, this "additional effect" is the energy color. I think DE understood that players will still want customization, so they made it only the energy color, and not other more visible colors.

Edited by tcooc

I'd like to make one point: The Book definition of a Dragon can be anything because they're not real, however, the general consensus for a dragon is that an eastern dragon is snake like with a beard to symbolise their age and wisdom, Western dragon is often described as lizard like where some may have wings, so, if we put that against godzilla: is he lizard like? No Then he isn't a dragon

Yo.

Yo.

Yo. The book definition means the book definition. If the book definition of something "can be anything" that means it isn't the book definition. What don't you understand about that?

Yes, dragons weren't real physically but they existed as archetypes in many cultures and folklores/myths. But thats the thing I keep bringing up for chroma. They were real in literature and descriptions. Meaning that the image of these creatures are left up to interpretation. The paintings and drawings you see of dragons from history are still manifested from stories passed down orally or in literature. Since, they never existed. 

You do realize that neither naga or basilisk is considered as dragons in tales right?

Neaks are of Nāga. I never said Nāga was a dragon.

Basilisk's status as a dragon is arguable, yes. 

Some believe it is a pseudo-dragon, while others say it a mythical creature of it's own merit.

Please refer to my post where I say that Dinosaurs would be classed as reptiles and since godzilla more resembles a dinosaur than a dragon or lizard he would still be a reptile

And for the 100th time stop trying to make that Chroma's originality is some amazing thing

???? LOL Stop trying to make chroma's originality some amazing thing? First of all, I believe it IS some amazing thing. The fact that in this day and age and warfare being the type of game it is, a team of creatives have birthed this character that you can interact with and play with all while being nearly completely original and unique to its context.

It's more than what you can do. More than what I can do. 

The fact that you don't think its "some amazing thing" is fine but don't sit here and tell me Not do to that because I believe it is.  

EDIT: Also your logic is kinda shaky. Obviously you don't notice that you keep doing this even though I keep pointing it out, but you keep doing it anyway. You're arguing based on opinion and not fact. On top of that your statement doesn't make much sense. A dragon, a lizard and reptile are all the same thing. 

Edited by BlutAdler

And we're back to square one with someone telling me something is not what it is because of some "fact" that he believes and therefore thinks everyone else should believe. 

Eredoc, we've established that what you can "tell" what you can "see" what you "think" is terminology to describe something that is opinion based and subjective. Meaning that what you stated isn't factual it is what you believe and can not provide proof otherwise. 

You've demonstrated that your definition of "dragon" is very concrete. You believe it should be this mid-evil older european image of a giant armored lizard that breathes fire, and flies.

I repeat this is YOUR definition of a dragon.

Now do this for me:

Type "slaying the dragon" in google and tell me what you come up with. You'll see a lot of hits containing the idea of metaphorically destroying a huge problem to society/community.

That's ONE way you can definite something as being a "dragon"

Now look up and read a few hits for "dragon archetypes"

There's ANOTHER way to describe a "dragon"

This is majority of your arguments on this thread.

"this can't be this because I believe this"

Nothing is factual. And I'm listing the facts for you. 

BOOK definition of what a dragon is.. godzilla is one. And that's subjective. Honestly you really can't sit here and tell me that it is fact that he is not a dragon. Because I believe he is. I admit that is my opinion but it is FACT that if you read up the definition of a dragon and you read up the description of godzilla they are pretty much the same thing.

Again, no he isn't. I posted the definition of a dragon, and godzilla doesn't fit that definition. He isn't a dragon, because the creators never wanted him to be a dragon. He is a dinosaur. Dinosaurs are not dragons, if you believe otherwise you need to hurry up and graduate from elementary school. Godzilla is not a lizard, he doesn't breathe fire, but he does fly.

OHHHH okay so godzilla isn't a reptile that has four legs a long body and a tail?

So wait does he have THRE legs a short body and a stub?

I'm confused. 

No, he isn't. He is a reptile with two legs, two arms, an average length body (relative to a humanoid), and a long tail. I posted a picture of him, did you just completely ignore it or something?

Yo.

Yo.

Yo. The book definition means the book definition. If the book definition of something "can be anything" that means it isn't the book definition. What don't you understand about that?

Yes, dragons weren't real physically but they existed as archetypes in many cultures and folklores/myths. But thats the thing I keep bringing up for chroma. They were real in literature and descriptions. Meaning that the image of these creatures are left up to interpretation. The paintings and drawings you see of dragons from history are still manifested from stories passed down orally or in literature. Since, they never existed. 

Let's compare Chroma to the definition of a dragon http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/dragon

": an imaginary animal that can breathe out fire and looks like a very large lizard with wings, a long tail, and large claws"

Is Chroma an imaginary animal? Yes. Does he breathe fire? Yes. Does he look like a very large lizard? No. With wings? No. With large claws? Nope.

That's two yes, and three no.

http://giant.gfycat.com/DirtySnappyHake.gif

???? LOL Stop trying to make chroma's originality some amazing thing? First of all, I believe it IS some amazing thing. The fact that in this day and age and warfare being the type of game it is, a team of creatives have birthed this character that you can interact with and play with all while being nearly completely original and unique to its context.

The fact that you don't think its "some amazing thing" is fine but don't sit here and tell me Not do to that because I believe it is.  

We have other frames that are more unique that Chroma. The game is called WARFRAME, not warfare. And being creative=/=good looking.

I could come up with a far more unique dragon, especially if I'm allowed to be as loose with the concept as DE was. You can believe it is amazing all you want, just stop bringing it up as if it in any way supports your argument.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

We can't make our community to love Chroma all of sudden. Many people, different tastes, can't be helped. 

Personally, I came to love this design but it took me a while (it's very unique and I was always into European type of dragon looks). We have to wait now, can't rate the frame just from how it looks like. :P Right?" 

It's a theory that's highly supported by the fact that the Tenno were considered rejects to the Orokin. The Tenno were likely at the bottom of the caste system, much like how a caste system has the rejects at the bottom. I'd rather theorycraft something plausible based on excerpt from the lore that's in the game than simply state that since there is no other lore associated that it's not true. You are explicitly saying that we don't have all of the information right now. My speculation is based on the fact that the Orokin refer to Tenno as rejects and then as god-warriors. It makes sense to tie this to them being within a caste system that they've created. It makes sense to assume that they once shared the same culture before the Orokin Empire fell silent, and that every Warframe was built/designed during the Orokin's reign.

Your theory isn't supported by anything. Your theory isn't plausible. You're twisting and stretching the lore to support your argument. If the lore actually supported your argument, you wouldn't need to twist it with a made up theory. I'm done with this argument as none of your speculation is ever going to beat a direct quote from the lore that supports my argument.

I am not saying that the team is not good at their job creating a unique character, however that is nothing to justify it, while I'm not an artist I at least know that the uniqueness of a character is not a selling point, it's how it looks and it plays and right now we know only one.