Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

I am not saying that the team is not good at their job creating a unique character, however that is nothing to justify it, while I'm not an artist I at least know that the uniqueness of a character is not a selling point, it's how it looks and it plays and right now we know only one.

I am an artist and a paid designer as well as a lover of games, and I'm telling you that the uniqueness is a "selling point" in a lot of cases when, and I repeat, everyone is obsessed with originality and individuality. 

Also you decided to bring up how his originality has anything to do with his likability. If you read my past posts, besides me finally and actually GIVING my opinion about it, i bring up the fact that he's original for the point that he's original and nothing can take that away from him. You decided to act as if I was saying that his originality made him the best. 

I mean i PERSONALLY believe that it makes him very attractive, however I never said that. 

I must admit that Chroma looks like a seahorse with his unnecessary long face. Urgggggggggggg

for the 900th time his face isn't what is protruding, its a horn/extension above his face.

Look a gain and look hard.

Also, thanks to this guy we can see that it was something that exists in art history. And this is why I love VERSED and INTELLIGENT artists who properly use art history to gain references and add something new to the mix. Mynki is now my hero:

What?  Where?   It looks like no Dragon concept.  It looks like an original piece made by  Mynki...........

Khmer Dragon

dragon-khmer-sculpture-sovann-men.jpg

chiangmai.dragon.jpg

Naga Dragon for extra

Phra_Maha_Chedi_Chai_Mongkol_Naga_emergi

Europe's Basilisk "Dragon"

ipB8LO3.jpg

hH6Lrz5.jpg

Your theory isn't supported by anything. Your theory isn't plausible. You're twisting and stretching the lore to support your argument. If the lore actually supported your argument, you wouldn't need to twist it with a made up theory. I'm done with this argument as none of your speculation is ever going to beat a direct quote from the lore that supports my argument.

What exactly is your argument though? That the Tenno and Orokin weren't part of the same culture? It's entirely plausible and I'm not quite sure how you do not see it. It's supported by the interactions stated within the lore that's actually within the game. I'm not twisting and stretching anything, I am simply stating that having the two interact in such a mannerism would imply that they were within the same culture. The lore can support a myriad of ideas.

We know the Grineer have queens, correct? They therefore must have a caste system in place in order to justify having a queen. This is very similar to the interactions between the Tenno and the Orokin as within the Grineer caste system there are laborers (which have concept art) meaning they have some sort of reasoning to place them as laborers, hence what a caste system is. Even without the laborers, there are the Queens themselves defining some sort of caste system.

You're just denying that it's plausible that they shared the same culture, but for what? There's enough evidence to support the idea that they shared the same culture and were within the caste system based on your own evidence.

This is getting derailed. The original argument is that the Tenno have their own culture. Chroma is intended to be a dragon, or resemble a dragon of sorts. Cultural depictions of dragons aren't universal and can be depicted in different ways.

Edited by Xiusa

I am an artist and a paid designer as well as a lover of games, and I'm telling you that the uniqueness is a "selling point" in a lot of cases when, and I repeat, everyone is obsessed with originality and individuality. 

Also you decided to bring up how his originality has anything to do with his likability. If you read my past posts, besides me finally and actually GIVING my opinion about it, i bring up the fact that he's original for the point that he's original and nothing can take that away from him. You decided to act as if I was saying that his originality made him the best. 

I mean i PERSONALLY believe that it makes him very attractive, however I never said that. 

You may have never said that but the repetitiveness of this one statement made it you seem that is how you acted about it and yes I admit that I will prefer something if it's unique, but I got to like the look of it first, if someone doesn't like the look of something then it doesn't matter how unique it is, so in the end no Uniqueness isn't a selling point, the overall look is

Edited by Eredoc

Uniqueness only matters when it is aesthetically pleasing. You can show me the most unique piece of dog feces ever created, and I will still not want it. Not everyone cares about originality or individuality.

Yes, really original pbBF6UC.png

for the 900th time his face isn't what is protruding, its a horn/extension above his face.

Look a gain and look hard.

Also, thanks to this guy we can see that it was something that exists in art history. And this is why I love VERSED and INTELLIGENT artists who properly use art history to gain references and add something new to the mix. Mynki is now my hero:

Isn't that just your interpretation of the images we've seen? Or has DE come out and definitely declared what portions of his head are his face, and what portions aren't?

For the 1000th time, just because some people have different taste from you doesn't mean they don't know "art". Seriously you're a designer yourself, how can you be this close-minded and still claim your oh-so-passionate defense for originality? This game is a commercial product, not an avant-garde movement that can get away with throwing toilet bowls and twizzler pr0n at people. Different medium, different audience, y'know.

I really don't care either way for Chroma's design. It's not terribly interesting for me, though I believe he'll grow on me if I see him move around in-game and do game stuff.

To be perfectly honest (just to state my opinion on it) I take utility in first, looks in second and cosmetic enhancments in last.

In all honesty Im not going to judge this warframe on it's stock appearence. Reason being is that i found that seeing a picture or just one animation is more of a let down than playing with it in game (ei: zephyr. I thought she was more like a hippy frame when i saw her in a devstream. Then i got her and loved her.)

i think all we can do is wait until we get our hands on him and mess with him a bit in the game itself then post our dislikes and likes...

That's what i think in this situation. Then again it's my opinion and usually what i would do.

But in all seriousness all we can do is wait and see how it goes.... :/

For the 1000th time, just because some people have different taste from you doesn't mean they don't know "art". Seriously you're a designer yourself, how can you be this close-minded and still claim your oh-so-passionate defense for originality? This game is a commercial product, not an avant-garde movement that can get away with throwing toilet bowls and twizzler pr0n at people. Different medium, different audience, y'know.

I really don't care either way for Chroma's design. It's not terribly interesting for me, though I believe he'll grow on me if I see him move around in-game and do game stuff.

People in this forum are kings/queens of putting words in your mouth.

When did I say that they don't know art? If you're referring to my starting post I said the people that belittle and disrespect the design at first glance or throw it away because it doesn't give them that knee-jerk "coooooool" reaction is the depreciation of art. And what the hell are you talking about? Its a game. There wouldn't be game designers and artists if the goal wasn't to create works of art that immersive and that people can interact with.

And why do people take issue with me calling this design original? I'm not being passionate about it I'm just repeating it till annoys whoever is reading because it's the truth. You think I'm being passionate because I keep bringing it up that's all. It's an original design. It's original. It's an original design. It's original. It's original It's original. And there's nothing that can take that away from it.

"It's not an avant garde movement"

-_- I'm starting to see a little too late why reddit it makes fun of forum people.

Edited by BlutAdler

At first glance i was like wtf. Which to me, is awesome. I love that DE team does this sort of risky designs, warframe's unique aesthetic is what initially drew me to it and kept me hooked as long as it did. The fact that they still manage to surprise with their designs is really a breath of fresh air in an otherwise incredibly iterative and stale industry.

People in this forum are kings/queens of putting words in your mouth.

When did I say that they don't know art? If you're referring to my starting post I said the people that belittle and disrespect the design at first glance or throw it away because it doesn't give them that knee-jerk "coooooool" reaction is the depreciation of art. And what the hell are you talking about? Its a game. There wouldn't be game designers and artists if the goal wasn't to create works of art that immersive and that people can interact with.

No they aren't you literally said that in the first page

We learned that a lot of Tenno unfortunately have no appreciation for art and creativity and the work behind things to ring ideas to life. 

Saying they have no appreciation for art is a kinship to saying that they have no taste and therefore they know nothing of art, I've looked at Chroma for a while now and I still dislike it, nothing about him shows that he's a "Dragon" frame, I never had any expectation for the design of the character, all I knew it was called the Dragon frame, so I felt disappointed when I saw it had an anteater head

And why do people take issue with me calling this design original? I'm not being passionate about it I'm just repeating it till annoys whoever is reading because it's the truth. You think I'm being passionate because I keep bringing it up that's all. It's an original design. It's original. It's an original design. It's original. It's original It's original. And there's nothing that can take that away from it.

We have an issue with it because despite it being true, it offers nothing to sell the character because the character itself is generally unpleasant to look at, if you say "I like the look of it" fine, that's your opinion, but when you say it's "Original" the response more akin to "And what else?"

Edited by Eredoc