Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Morec0

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

When I heard Chroma was dragon themed, I expected something with a little more scales, instead he looks like he's completely covered in fur/flesh which makes him look more like an infested or anteater as others have suggested. I don't hate the design but i think his appearance fits more as a gender swapped zephr than a dragon.

I'd say rename him and make another dragon frame in the future. Seriously, dragon without scales? D:

I'd say rename him and make another dragon frame in the future. Seriously, dragon without scales? D:

F***! i completly agree with you Cz i hate to say rename and re do his abilties he looks more of a poisioness or infested type warframe fucka  dragon that matches even close to a good dragon has spikes some horns and looks more badass and just a bit bulky like rhino htats my dream warframe and now its ruined by this design

LOL at all teh butthurt n00bs that got a hard on for DnD dragons and then got S#&$ on by DE when they released this glorious frame

H8rs gonna h8

:^)

What kind of toxicity is this.

I wanted a SIMPLE concept if you ask me, like our excalibur, SIMPLE, realistic.

This one looks ugly, too much details, he looks like ash and zephr combined.

I dont know who is the new designer but he is screwing things up for me, i guess ill stick with old frames from now on.

What kind of toxicity is this.

I wanted a SIMPLE concept if you ask me, like our excalibur, SIMPLE, realistic.

This one looks ugly, too much details, he looks like ash and zephr combined.

I dont know who is the new designer but he is screwing things up for me, i guess ill stick with old frames from now on.

i know...iam a huge ash fan and i wish for ash prime but when dragon frame was announced i wanted it so bad i forgoten about wanting ash prime....until i saw what it looked like...

"New and fresh"...are you serious? He has stolen ash and zephyr design parts and doesnt even look close to any dragon design, at all.

I don't see anyone complaining about Excalibur and Nyx being similar, and Rhino looks nothing like a rhinoceros at all.

Pretty unwise to judge a frame before it's even released.

Yes he is ugly, but he is awesome at the same time, unlike Vauban. I like his design

The elongated mouth people refer to as that of an anteater's, a seahorse's, or whatever, is actually that of an Eastern-style dragon. The Tenno culture is heavily influenced on eastern culture, so I don't see why it would look like a Western-style (and thank the stars it's not) dragon.

thanks for supporting my design, i see all these comments but no ones up-voting be supportive if you agree guys.

I can live with the frames body but not a fan of that helmet 

The elongated mouth people refer to as that of an anteater's, a seahorse's, or whatever, is actually that of an Eastern-style dragon. The Tenno culture is heavily influenced on eastern culture, so I don't see why it would look like a Western-style (and thank the stars it's not) dragon.

163915-325x203-chinesedragonclipart1.jpg

I as an Asian can confirm this

doesn't need to look like a western dragon i would totally like an eastern dragon...THAT think looks like a sea horse, not appealing at all.

How old is that first fan art image you linked? Because to be honest, the first image looks a lot like Chroma's helm right now except the snout is shorter in the fan art(and consequently it looks better).

Other than that question, I'm with holding judgment until I get a chance to actually see him in-game. We only got a few images from what I understand(did not and have not actually watched Tenno live yet). I saw the images, and someone else has pointed out that there appears to be a faceplate underneath the 'snout' on Chroma's helmet, which would make Chroma similar Oberon, in regards to the way the helmets are designed(Chroma's default helm and Oberon's alt helm, Oryx)

First Impression of Chroma: Not particularly liking the length of the snout on the helm, but I'll have to actually see it in-game to get a better reading and judgment on it. Other than that, I think the design is okay. It is at least unique.

Personally I like Chroma's design from what we've seen so far. Considering the previous design was Limbo this is much, much better.

doesn't need to look like a western dragon i would totally like an eastern dragon...THAT think looks like a sea horse, not appealing at all.

Kingdra.jpg

Dragon type :D

It bares resemblance to an eastern dragon. It's the elongated mouth. Is it overly narrow to the point that it's not that recognizable? Quite, but I can still see the resemblance. What a lot of people were expecting is a Western-style dragon in a game where you play as a character that has its culture heavily influenced on eastern culture, which makes no sense when referring to a cultural depiction.

It looks like garbage,i dnt care where and how u get it... and y are DE so obsessed with infested?

Suddenly everything appears to be infested themed, infested frames,infested weapons,infested bosses,infested excuses to poor designs...

They wont do him over over so stopwhining I like hi design and no one said that he will the dragon farme everoyne wa talking about a seadragon is cool to i  always liked Warframe because of the Weird design but i know they wont do him over just becuase of couple People.

It bares resemblance to an eastern dragon. It's the elongated mouth. Is it overly narrow to the point that it's not that recognizable? Quite, but I can still see the resemblance. What a lot of people were expecting is a Western-style dragon in a game where you play as a character that has its culture heavily influenced on eastern culture, which makes no sense when referring to a cultural depiction.

Again i would have liked an eastern dragon, i would have preferred it honestly. which is what i went for in my design. but theirs didn't make it. if were an eastern dragon, horns an whiskers might have gotten them there but they didn't. it looks like a sea horse. or an ant eater. there's A LOT of missed dragon opportunity here. some resemblance of TEETH might have been nice. none of that here.

dragon or not the current design is just unappealing. that is all.

And then you see sentients "orginal" design...

So far all we've seen is a not very high quality trailer. I wouldn't judge too soon.

All of the butt tears. I can't wait to man mode chroma while everyone else is crying their eyes out about how it didn't look like some dragonborn #@*&$@ from dnd. The only thing that made this sweeter was how much I didn't like the idea of a dragon frame but after seeing it IT LOOKS AWESOME, and now everyone hates it... What a joke you can't ever satisfy this community of kids with keyboards. It looks awesome you guys just had too much of a hype boner and expected from fantasy to just hop into warframe. I applaud minky and his design it looks @(*()$ awesome and looks like nothing I ever expected to see be made they really ran with the idea. I just don't know what makes me sad or happier, that I am going to enjoy using it or the people that wanted it now want to crucify the devs because they didn't pander to their acquired S#&$ taste in design. PRAISE CHROMA AND MAY ITS FLAME EVAPORATE THE TEARS IN THIS THREAD!