Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

What kind of toxicity is this.

I wanted a SIMPLE concept if you ask me, like our excalibur, SIMPLE, realistic.

This one looks ugly, too much details, he looks like ash and zephr combined.

I dont know who is the new designer but he is screwing things up for me, i guess ill stick with old frames from now on.

i know...iam a huge ash fan and i wish for ash prime but when dragon frame was announced i wanted it so bad i forgoten about wanting ash prime....until i saw what it looked like...

"New and fresh"...are you serious? He has stolen ash and zephyr design parts and doesnt even look close to any dragon design, at all.

I don't see anyone complaining about Excalibur and Nyx being similar, and Rhino looks nothing like a rhinoceros at all.

Pretty unwise to judge a frame before it's even released.

The elongated mouth people refer to as that of an anteater's, a seahorse's, or whatever, is actually that of an Eastern-style dragon. The Tenno culture is heavily influenced on eastern culture, so I don't see why it would look like a Western-style (and thank the stars it's not) dragon.

The elongated mouth people refer to as that of an anteater's, a seahorse's, or whatever, is actually that of an Eastern-style dragon. The Tenno culture is heavily influenced on eastern culture, so I don't see why it would look like a Western-style (and thank the stars it's not) dragon.

163915-325x203-chinesedragonclipart1.jpg

I as an Asian can confirm this

doesn't need to look like a western dragon i would totally like an eastern dragon...THAT think looks like a sea horse, not appealing at all.

How old is that first fan art image you linked? Because to be honest, the first image looks a lot like Chroma's helm right now except the snout is shorter in the fan art(and consequently it looks better).

Other than that question, I'm with holding judgment until I get a chance to actually see him in-game. We only got a few images from what I understand(did not and have not actually watched Tenno live yet). I saw the images, and someone else has pointed out that there appears to be a faceplate underneath the 'snout' on Chroma's helmet, which would make Chroma similar Oberon, in regards to the way the helmets are designed(Chroma's default helm and Oberon's alt helm, Oryx)

First Impression of Chroma: Not particularly liking the length of the snout on the helm, but I'll have to actually see it in-game to get a better reading and judgment on it. Other than that, I think the design is okay. It is at least unique.

doesn't need to look like a western dragon i would totally like an eastern dragon...THAT think looks like a sea horse, not appealing at all.

It bares resemblance to an eastern dragon. It's the elongated mouth. Is it overly narrow to the point that it's not that recognizable? Quite, but I can still see the resemblance. What a lot of people were expecting is a Western-style dragon in a game where you play as a character that has its culture heavily influenced on eastern culture, which makes no sense when referring to a cultural depiction.

They wont do him over over so stopwhining I like hi design and no one said that he will the dragon farme everoyne wa talking about a seadragon is cool to i  always liked Warframe because of the Weird design but i know they wont do him over just becuase of couple People.

It bares resemblance to an eastern dragon. It's the elongated mouth. Is it overly narrow to the point that it's not that recognizable? Quite, but I can still see the resemblance. What a lot of people were expecting is a Western-style dragon in a game where you play as a character that has its culture heavily influenced on eastern culture, which makes no sense when referring to a cultural depiction.

Again i would have liked an eastern dragon, i would have preferred it honestly. which is what i went for in my design. but theirs didn't make it. if were an eastern dragon, horns an whiskers might have gotten them there but they didn't. it looks like a sea horse. or an ant eater. there's A LOT of missed dragon opportunity here. some resemblance of TEETH might have been nice. none of that here.

dragon or not the current design is just unappealing. that is all.

All of the butt tears. I can't wait to man mode chroma while everyone else is crying their eyes out about how it didn't look like some dragonborn #@*&$@ from dnd. The only thing that made this sweeter was how much I didn't like the idea of a dragon frame but after seeing it IT LOOKS AWESOME, and now everyone hates it... What a joke you can't ever satisfy this community of kids with keyboards. It looks awesome you guys just had too much of a hype boner and expected from fantasy to just hop into warframe. I applaud minky and his design it looks @(*()$ awesome and looks like nothing I ever expected to see be made they really ran with the idea. I just don't know what makes me sad or happier, that I am going to enjoy using it or the people that wanted it now want to crucify the devs because they didn't pander to their acquired S#&$ taste in design. PRAISE CHROMA AND MAY ITS FLAME EVAPORATE THE TEARS IN THIS THREAD!

How about we wait (*gasp*). Now this is just a suggestion, bear with me here.

How about wait until he is actualy in.the.game before posting ideas for a change.

(Ridiculous I can see him just fine.) No you can't. People are claiming he has a very long snout, which makes him look weird but looking from a different angle his snout is no longer then in Hanzo's picture, nice work by the way.

(His armour looks all weird.) Well yeah but many frames have that problem; Rhino, Ash, Nekros, Zephyr, and Ember (vanilla still looks like a chicken) the list can go on. Take a look beneath the outer layer:

zqO7PZt.png

All that beneath his outlayer armour looks awesome.

(He doesn't fit my archaic/Skyrim/D&D wet dream.) Well that's just too bad. DE is creating their own unique game. If they just gave you a straight up plated dragon frame then you could just skip over to any other game and get the same feeling. How about we try something else away from traditional game appearances? Maybe you might like it. Like the Limbo people who hated him then learnt to like him.

Edited by Postal_pat

I think it looks good. You know they won't do a thing other than add alt helmets. Does it look like a dragon to me? Yes yes it does because not every dragon looks the same. I mean S#&$ you can literally look up several forms of dragons. Some dragons had horse heads if you didn't know that and honestly it doesn't look like a horse you guys are just bad mad from bad perspective I would say give it chance to let it grow on you. Otherwise you are going to end up a bit bitter knowing they still didn't change it. HELL I HATED THE IDEA OF A DRAGON FRAME because it sounds lame as a S#&$, but this looks @(*()$ awesome. Keep a open mind and stay classy, but hey more chroma for those that want it.

Neaks are of Nāga. I never said Nāga was a dragon.

Basilisk's status as a dragon is arguable, yes. 

Some believe it is a pseudo-dragon, while others say it a mythical creature of it's own merit.

You can not defend the new frame(chroma) how much whatever you want but it is ugly for a medal,the worst frame ever...