Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

An Ancient and an anteater had a baby who obviously loves hot candle wax in all the colors of the rainbow.

AND yes it definitely has a Lephantis/infested Ancient look to it.

Finally, if you want to post Sea Horse pics with the name " dragon" in it...if you want to reach for it, then go ahead...

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

Personally I really like its look. I think that the head could probably do with a bit of changes (it does look a tad silly), but overall I like the biological look of the frame. 

It's funny though, people complained about the recent frames "Too many clothes/armor and not enough 'biological armor' stuff!" and now people are complaining "Too much 'biological armor' stuff and not enough clothes/armor!"

Ive never seen people complain about armor. Ive seen people complain that mesa is a clothed warframe when warframes are supposed to be exo suits, mechanical, you know, armor and not a bunch of scraps wrapped around it.

Wayyy too much detail on this frame. Is it even a frame?

This frame looks like a tenno without a suit. Infested and corrupted flesh, It shouldnt be called a suit.

The amount of people missing the point is impressive, even by the usual "standards" for the forums.

So, I can choose all damage types with basic colours?

But let's say I like blue energy, now I do Magnetic damage and I am ineffective against anything without shields.

^ The point is, visual / cosmetic choices will affect gameplay, for some people "use a different colour" is not an acceptable response.

You can ignore it, I'd hope DE would be smarter.

+1 OP

The amount of people missing the point is impressive, even by the usual "standards" for the forums.

But let's say I like blue energy, now I do Magnetic damage and I am ineffective against anything without shields.

^ The point is, visual / cosmetic choices will affect gameplay, for some people "use a different colour" is not an acceptable response.

+1 OP

Just remember you can always 'quick' switch from color sets.

Also remember that 'red' or 'blue' has a big variety of colours.

But i guess the only awnser to this could be deal with it or use another frame.

My personal opinion? Stop being such a picky c---.

LOL at all teh butthurt n00bs that got a hard on for DnD dragons and then got S#&$ on by DE when they released this glorious frame

H8rs gonna h8

:^)

I don't care about DnD. My main concern is that the first thing that popped int my head when i saw him was "red-tinted swanp thing." That really shouldn't be the case. If they wanna avoid the traditional european dragon that is fine, and I think that it is a good direction, but this doesn't really represent any kind of dragon. Now if they said "lol jk this is a swamp thing frame not a dragon frame." then i would be sooooo hyped, but until then i'm stick with the opinion that this design does not really embody the concept of "dragon."

It bares resemblance to an eastern dragon. It's the elongated mouth. Is it overly narrow to the point that it's not that recognizable? Quite, but I can still see the resemblance. What a lot of people were expecting is a Western-style dragon in a game where you play as a character that has its culture heavily influenced on eastern culture, which makes no sense when referring to a cultural depiction.

Nope, I see a seahorse as well. TBH I really wanted an eastern dragon but this is a seahorse/swamp thing.
Edited by superdk90

Personally I really like its look. I think that the head could probably do with a bit of changes (it does look a tad silly), but overall I like the biological look of the frame. 

It's funny though, people complained about the recent frames "Too many clothes/armor and not enough 'biological armor' stuff!" and now people are complaining "Too much 'biological armor' stuff and not enough clothes/armor!"

They went to an extreme on both ends. Why didn't they make something in between?

What I have learned from Chroma reaction is that there are a lot more fanboys than i thought there were, let me explain.

If this concept was made by somebody in the concept art subforums then the concept would get boo'd so badly that the moderators would be forced to lock the thread.

However, because it came out straight from DE/Mynki it's suddenly praised with "Wow, very unique", "Amazing design", "This is art!".

I'll add this as well.

46lWGtA.jpg

Edited by kiteohatto

+1 OP

Oh no my incredibly vital energy color! The entire game is ruined and the devs are idiots!

Deal with it.

dSgTphK.jpg

He honestly looks better in this picture than in his preview image. That pose he does makes it hard for those to see his actual face below the giant flamethrower sticking out of his head when he's looking downward. =/

If he wasn't advertised as a dragon frame I am sure people wouldn't have minded the design too much.

Though I admit that even dragon thing aside, the mix of Ash, Vauban and Zephyr isn't very appealing to me.

And Limbo was criticized for not being ambiguous enough with the theme it went with. Point being, the design was going to get ragged on regardless. 

Take a good look at the rest of its body and now look at the infested. Thats an infested tenno i tell ya.

Ya, that was the first thought I had when I saw it, Infested like art style. And I LIKE it. Might be In the 1% that likes the design. But I also noticed the new glaive and that new weapon have infested like art. I get a feeling we might be seeing a lot more infested art in future

Chroma's art style is rebellious. ;D

It's like it wants us to accept the ugliness. ;D

It wants us to look past its ugliness because it is a Tenno too. ;D

We shouldn't reject and deny people based on their appearance. ;D

This gives you a good idea how mistreated the Tenno were during the Orokin Era. They were treated as ugly monsters and Chroma best represents that as proven by you all.

Beneath all the Warframe is an ugly monster that wants to be accepted by the world around it. o 3o But No~ They have no one but each other. ;)

Easily the first thing I can think of when I see Chroma is "That's not a familiar depiction of a dragon."

Do you know why that is? Because this is the Tenno's cultural depiction of a dragon. Am I glad it doesn't look like a dragon we've seen before? Not entirely. I am glad it doesn't look like the terribly overused and now-boring Western/European style dragon. I'm a little salty over how it doesn't appear to have a bit of affiliation with Eastern culture, since the Tenno culture was heavily influenced by it. Overall, however, I love Chroma.

I think Chroma is exactly the thing Warframe needs as its "Dragon." It's not just one dragon, but many. It can perform a multitude of tasks but in such a way that he is unique, and will keep the other Warframes feeling unique. It is the essence of Warframe. An ever-changing idea. That is the essence of the Tenno, too. Individuals with differing perspectives going about their missions how they see fit.

Chroma is the essence of something unique, which all the Tenno are. He is our Dragon.

EDIT: This likely belongs in the Art & Animation section of the feedback forums, I apologize

I get your point, but to counter I will say Limbo. Limbo is a modern day magician frame; DE didn't even try to hide it. I would have liked a "Tenno's cultural depiction" of a magician but that is not what happened. Now I know that DE is constantly evolving and growing, but I think that they may have overshot, this frame more closely resembles a seahorse/swamp thing hybrid, there is VERY little that alludes to a dragon theme, even taking into account that this may be a "Tenno's cultural depiction of a dragon."

I can like too much or too less sugar in my cake. Is that such a mystery to you?

They only confirmed 3 elements so far:

Fire - Red, orange, yellow

Electricity - Blue (I guess purple would go here as well)

Cold - White

I guess there will be also a Toxic with green color, but that pretty much covers all the colors already (except black), and out of base elements there are really no ineffective ones like Magnetic for most factions, so you'll be fine.

I think it's pretty neat and cool to have one frame with such features, and it makes sense that you can't make your Fire look green, or Electricity red.