Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

Personally I just think the helmet could be better but overall I like the design.

The problem here is that Chroma is not a unique design. Sure, using the "dragon frame" will be different, but based on everything DE said and has done in the past, he will most likely be powerful enough to be used as a replacement to the other elemental frames, which are fairly neglected sometimes.

If they don't want to play them that is their choice but I know plenty of people who will still play them because they are good frames and in some cases their favorite.

And how is Chroma not a unique design? What isn't unique about it?

Chroma looks more like an eastern dragon ONLY when his mouth is open. Other wise it's too flat like a Seahorse.

Most people judge his looks based on the main poster, but the image above looks A LOT better (due to his open mouth).

I'm fine with it, nor did I have high expectations the first place. Copying concepts would make them UNORIGINAL. Not copying concepts would make them "UGLY" in the eyes of many.

So it's a lose-lose situation.

Personally I just think the helmet could be better but overall I like the design.

If they don't want to play them that is their choice but I know plenty of people who will still play them because they are good frames and in some cases their favorite.

And how is Chroma not a unique design? What isn't unique about it?

His powers are elemental. Goodbye Frost, Goodbye Volt, Goodbye Ember. We only need a freaking Chroma.

The amount of people missing the point is impressive, even by the usual "standards" for the forums.

So, I can choose all damage types with basic colours?

But let's say I like blue energy, now I do Magnetic damage and I am ineffective against anything without shields.

^ The point is, visual / cosmetic choices will affect gameplay, for some people "use a different colour" is not an acceptable response.

You can ignore it, I'd hope DE would be smarter.

+1 OP

striping down customisation so you have to have colored energy to *insert corrosive color here* to figth grineer and *insert magnetic collor here* to figth corpus .... welp what ever collor viral is im going with that

I'll requote myself.

What I have learned from Chroma reaction is that there are a lot more fanboys than i thought there were, let me explain.

If this concept was made by somebody in the concept art subforums then the concept would get boo'd so badly that the moderators would be forced to lock the thread.

However, because it came out straight from DE/Mynki it's suddenly praised with "Wow, very unique", "Amazing design", "This is art!".

Unfortunately this falls under the assumption that those of us who like this frames design MUST like everything else DE pushes out of the woodwork, but that is simply not true at all.

I myself do not like design of Zephyr, Hydroid, and Mirage. But since I accept and appreciate the design of Chroma I have to be some fanboy that loves everything DE puts out there? Cmon man.

I'll requote myself.

What I have learned from Chroma reaction is that there are a lot more fanboys than i thought there were, let me explain.

If this concept was made by somebody in the concept art subforums then the concept would get boo'd so badly that the moderators would be forced to lock the thread.

However, because it came out straight from DE/Mynki it's suddenly praised with "Wow, very unique", "Amazing design", "This is art!".

I see more people complaining that Mynki just didn't rip off both Zephyr and dragon frame fan designs

You do not fix a dish that is overly salty by making it overly sweet. The earlier frames hit the sweet spot where the flesh and metal fuse together quite seamlessly. Many of the new frames have been garish, vulgar, and over designed.

This hits the nail on the head. I could not put my finger on why I do not like the new frames and only play the old ones but this is it. The new frames are just overdone and gaudy.

Dear DE,

Thank you for making Chroma not follow the mainstream and overused stereotype for both Western -and- Eastern dragons. Although it's clear Chroma still has that spicy Eastern vibe to him, I really like the organic feel to him that does't slap you across the face and screams "I'M A DRAGON!".

I- among other fans of Warframe's aesthetics, art and design- really like his design and I am already sitting on Platinum to grab him in the bundle he will surely come in. As well as completing his quest to grab a second one.

Edit: There, I edited the OP since someone thought it was 'smug and rude'. Welcome to the internet.

XBkSwvJ.jpg

Edited by IEpicWolfI

Same, its not a bad design to have but it kinda shows the work behind it when you copy stuff from other frames instead of putting some work behind it to make the theme work out.

If you think about it, nyx is just an excalibur with %$# and a "non-cut" horn on the helmet

These lazy bastards announced a dragon frame and gave us artworks of a chimera with a antler base.