Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

The head is not what I have a problem with. It's the body. The body is... for the lack of a better word a mess.

It's a blob, like half melted plastic figurine. It has no defining silhoutte. It's not slender like the seahorse. So the head on top of that nondescript body just makes things worse.

That said noone forces me to play this frame, but it's a damn shame imho.

Vauban is kinda similar, but at least he has his stripes and button-like containers on his chest. I don't like his design, but he has a defined design at least. Chroma has no such thing, it's just messy. Apart from the head... what is the defining design direction there? What does the torso look like? I can't think of anything except for the aforementioned melted plastic soldier. 

Also, meta complaint is meta.

Edited by LocoWithGun

But why? Ember can deal with green or blue fire just fine. After all, the colour of the flame can display the entirety of the rainbow, you just have to add the right metals.

Yeah, and I don't really like that because it's kinda limiting the other way. I don't like fire being green or blue, so basically that means I have to use red/orange energy for Ember. There's no perfect option for everyone. Ideally energy color and skin color scheme should be separate things, that would solve some problems. So if I choose to be a pitch black Nekros, but I don't like when my shadows are pitch black and hard to tell apart from enemies, I would still be able to be pitch black, but have white or whatever other color I want for energy itself.

Western Dragon, because we already have Wyrm Prime who is based on an Eastern Dragon. Or, maybe a mix of East and West.

I was under the impression that Chroma was a mixture of all dragons, with themes present from mythology around the world.

Edited by IANOBW

The haters are hating cus it's not the Ultrabuff "Eats Rhinos every hour" giant cod pieced scaled dragon they wanted. And instead a Sea Dragon design. Aka a Sea horse. As it means they never will get that. Dragonframe is this, no second pass through.

People wanted a giant mythological ultra monster and forgot it still had to be a warframe. And got a play on words. They can be angry, they can complain. But any and all disappointment is on them.

OH F*** OFF! 

That isn't what I wanted! I wanted something that at least resembled a dragon! NOT SOMETHING THAT RESEMBLED AN ANTEATER WITH INFESTED BLOBS ATTACHED! Don't even give me the seahorse=dragon excuse! That is not a freaking dragon! ITS A GODDAMN FISH!

OH F*** OFF! 

That isn't what I wanted! I wanted something that at least resembled a dragon! NOT SOMETHING THAT RESEMBLED AN ANTEATER WITH INFESTED BLOBS ATTACHED! Don't even give me the seahorse=dragon excuse! That is not a freaking dragon! ITS A GODDAMN FISH!

I think you need to calm down. Go play something else 'till you've relaxed, at this point, you're only gonna end up hurtin' yourself.

It's not what you wanted, it's what the devs and Mynki wanted.

No, the community pressed for a dragon frame. We wanted a dragon - something that looks and feels like one. Chroma does not fit this description and is thus disappointing.

Can show him personally that SEAHORSE =/= DRAGON. (especially dat head)

No way !! Never ! Nope !

Sole redeeming option is to make his alt helmet look like Hanzo69 makeover:

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac350/RevengeIncProductions/chroma%20copy_zpsh36ftngs.jpg

Brace yourself for the counterhate (they hate on you because you don't like chroma). I agree with you, though.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

If I had to pick one, I would say oceanic dragon or serpent as they are much more majestic. You can gather a lot of inspiration from aquatic reptiles sure h as the sea snake and marine iguana. Eels are fish but still are very beautiful