Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

Look, the problem is that the "dragon frame" that people were asking for was a traditional dragon themed frame, not a sea dragon. DE played this up like they were making something that the community had long asked for, when the TRUTH is that the community DIDN'T ask for this. So DE should have never even said that they were making what the community wanted. That's the problem, and why there is a backlash (including the lack of excitement from the TennoLive attendees). All they had to say was that they were going with a dragon theme, but that it wouldn't be a traditional dragon. Just that would've been enough. But no. They misrepresented what they were doing.

Finally a thread that supports the design of that awesome frame!!!

They dont even know his powers and they hate. 

They dont even know the other helmet and they hate.

They dont even know how he looks with different color pallete and they hate.

They dont even know how he looks with different stance and they hate.

Your argument, OP is legit. I really didnt know it was based on a sea dragon. I allways thought that his powers will be dragon related.

Look, the problem is that the "dragon frame" that people were asking for was a traditional dragon themed frame, not a sea dragon. DE played this up like they were making something that the community had long asked for, when the TRUTH is that the community DIDN'T ask for this. So DE should have never even said that they were making what the community wanted. That's the problem, and why there is a backlash (including the lack of excitement from the TennoLive attendees). All they had to say was that they were going with a dragon theme, but that it wouldn't be a traditional dragon. Just that would've been enough. But no. They misrepresented what they were doing.

This.

If they would've been clearer in what they meant by "dragon", I know I wouldn't be here complaining.

The design is abstract, the powers are going to be based off a large variety of various mythological dragon powers - including the Eastern Dragon association with luck. It's not JUST going to be a firebreathing monstrosity.

Abstract does not equal good !

They hyped the concept of a dragon so much that there's no reason to not be disapointed when we saw what we've got.

Edited by LinoGwada

This.

If they would've been clearer in what they meant by "dragon", I know I wouldn't be here complaining.

Same. When these are the results of a poll, where 609 out of 834 people - 73% - think the design is "ugly" or "meh", then you know something is wrong.

http://strawpoll.me/3807541/r

And, for this community, the participation in this poll is quite alot.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

*sigh* A sea dragon is a real animal.

Ok? What's your point?

Does it breath fire? Does it resemble a dragon at all?

No, the community pressed for a dragon frame. We wanted a dragon - something that looks and feels like one. Chroma does not fit this description and is thus disappointing.

Please get out of my thread, you're restating what you said over and over again, which isn't constructive, it's just whining.

Abstract does not equal good !

They hyped the concept of a dragon so much that there's no reason to not be disapointed when we saw what we've got.

No, but it DOES equal giving the playerbase more of what they wanted - frames that you can't immediately say "oh, it's this" upon looking at it.

So, you can either like the frames like this or like the frames like Mesa and Limbo who wear their theme on their sleave. The choice is yours.

This.

Clearer. 

@(*()$ clearer.

"Hey guys, we're making a dragon frame!"

How else would they have made it clearer. To be specific would make no sense as the frame has no specific theme tying it down water or some S#&$ like that.

Hell, the clear design is this "Hey guys, we're making a dragon themed frame based on chromatic abilities". Which everyone knew already.

No this is all your fault. You users expected it to be the atypical dragon design and you hyped it up for yourselves. I warned everyone of hyping it up, but no, this is what happens. 

"Oh it doesn't look like dragon"

Yeah well Excalibur doesn't look like a sword based frame. Frost doesn't look a ice based frame. 

Yet I don't see you guys going about spouting hate from the rooftops.

Edited by ScrublordPrime

Made so sad how there was no cheer or applause in the Tennolive audience for the reveal... ashamed of the crowd tbh.  I won't lie its not my favourite looking frame either but I'm always hyped for new content and personally I think Euro-Medieval Dragon Frame would have been worst anyway.  I'm excited for Chroma and everything else they've announced.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

I have to agree with Loco on this one, the strangely slender head doesn't fit his thick, meaty body. (and damn if that body doesn't look like a giant mass of exposed muscle, it's just a really weird design, even for Mynki.)

The snout that breaths fire is a horn

His face is under it

Clearer. 

@(*()$ clearer.

"Hey guys, we're making a dragon frame!"

How else would they have made it clearer. To be specific would make no sense as the frame has no specific theme tying it down water or some S#&$ like that.

Hell, the clear design is this "Hey guys, we're making a dragon themed frame based on chromatic abilities". Which everyone knew already.

No this is all your fault. You users expected it to be the atypical dragon design and you hyped it up for yourselves. I warned everyone of hyping it up, but no, this is what happens. 

No, it's not. And I explained that very clearly in my post that he quoted on the previous page.

You use an example of how we all see a sea dragon when it isn't a dragon at all.

Yet we're not allowed to show how obvious the inspiration it is behind it when a seahorse is involved and how it can be connected to dragon.

They DE said it was DRAGON THEMED frame, when someone says to u " Dragon Themed" u are reminded of a big @(*()$ lizard , and not a @(*()$ fish. i was showing how most people would think a dragon looks like, it dont @(*()$ matter if dat aint a dragon it REMINDS OF ONE LOOKS LIKE ONE, but a @(*()$ fish dont

I can call a flower a dragon. That doesn't make it a dragon, does it.

If they were going to design it off of a seahorse, why does it breath fire?

You could if it was created after a dragonflower and you made it.  

This whole disappointment is because announcing a 'dragon' spawned false expectations. But its a seadragon instead! That breaths fire because its Warframe with Orokin magik and weird unrealistic designs.