Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

Well, that's depressing.

I get that they're out to antagonize the community, but having colors affect gameplay was a step I thought they'd never take.

That's just evil.

What happens if magenta ends up being anything but Viral, Corrosive, or Radiation? Guess I have to pick a new colorscheme, 'cuz I can't very well be Twilight Sparkle without magenta magic!

Color freedom was one of the things that drew me to this game. Taking that away... I'm not sure I can stand that.

Gonna be honest, this feels like a step backwards. It's a cool idea and all, but as others have said I thought DE's ultimate policy was NOT to tie cosmetics to stats and/or actual mechanics. Or in the very least, to move away from that philosophy and not make anything new that would do that. Is it really that big of a deal, or is it really going to make that big of an impact? Perhaps not, but it's the principle of the matter that's important here.

Edited by DJ_Redwire

Certainly interesting concept.

Although it is a little dubious how energy colour can affect the powers, without Cosmetics affecting stats. Leading to 'Power that changes 'Colour'? being a viable query.

Honestly, no idea what to expect yet. Interesting mechanic, yes. But, as I'm sure my other fellow Colour Blind gamers will agree...this could be painful.

Then again if it's literally that important maybe they'll have to intimately label the colours we have to work with, which'd help.

Still...power dictated by colour. I'm...a little concerned how well I can get on with something like that. It was tough enough fulfilling the Colour Prophecy on Metroid Prime: Hunters, what with requiring outside help.

Hmm...We have what...Elemental Damage types are Heat, Toxin, Electric, Cold, Blast, Gas, Magnetic, Radiation, Corrosive, Viral...so 10 Elementals. Which would be...10 colour brackets give or take.

This is going to be...interesting. Although I am going to remain doubtful until I see it in action.

Yes. I am entirely aware of the irony there.

Pretty sure it will use few colours and mostly the ones that are free, i dont think DE will force players to buy colour palettes just to get some specific powers.

It seems like a unique and original concept and thats pretty much the only complain i have, why are males always getting the most great gameplay mechanic such as limbo? Mesa`s skills was pretty uninspired, pretty much a copy of turbulence and a press 4 to win ult, i want a female with interesting gameplay mechanics.

I....I don't like this idea.

They removed stat hemets because they didnt want cosmetics to limit gameplay...and now we have to change our colors?

Bleaugh.

Well they added arcane transformation blueprints to remove the stats of the helm to create a purely cosmetic helm, this does not destroy the arcane helmet it self and only requires the arcane helmet & like 1,000 credits to create the regular helmet... 

so you'll end up having the cosmetic helm and arcane helm in your arsenal 

I....I don't like this idea.

They removed stat hemets because they didnt want cosmetics to limit gameplay...and now we have to change our colors?

Bleaugh.

Luckily the default color scheme that everyone has access to has more or less all the colors of the rainbow. So that will be able to supply even non-paying players with whatever elemental damage they want.

Probably more like an earth frame element being Crystal.

Every element is represented based on the Crystal's type and color.

Prismatic bending of light is another possibility but the Frame that got more votes was the Earth based, as far as I remember.

Dragon frame, probably. Scott was a bit dissapointed most people didn't get it, alluded to nerdiness, and honestly, what reference could be nerdier than D&D's Chromatic Dragons having an elemental effect depending on their colour?

EG, Red dragons get fire breath, black dragons get a corrosive breath, blue dragons get lightning, white dragons get cold, and green dragons get a poiso gas breath, etc...

Edited by Wharrgarble

Dragon frame, probably. Scott was a bit dissapointed most people didn't get it, alluded to nerdiness, and honestly, what reference could be nerdier than D&D's Chromatic Dragons having an elemental effect depending on their colour?

EG, Red dragons get fire breath, black dragons get a corrosive breath, blue dragons get lightning, white dragons get cold, and green dragons get a poiso gas breath, etc...

I could see each of it's powers mixing colors as  well.  4 to nuke the place with blue, + your red energy color gives you purple effect maybe.