Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

IMO it perfectly looks like a warframe with a draconic touch to it. The long head is not *that* unusual for dragon-designs all over movies and games. The shoulders look like folded wings (worn like a coat), the colors are classic red dragon-colors and so on. I just don't see how a design-decision summons all that hatred :D It's just virtual pixel-stuff afterall.

Not hatred, dissapointment :P The community "requested" a dragon frame (having in mind that bulky Rhino-ish one shown so frequently here). And excluding some, those that were requesting (are You by any chance one of those that wanted that fan made dragon ? I for one upvoted it a while ago, as I did with Typhus) this expected for it to look something like that fan concept. Or at least more dragon like. Be honest, most ppl have to carefully study it to even find the faint hints it's draconinc origin. I was talking with some ppl at work today, and with few ppl that I play with before that. Actually none of them saw dragon in him. It was : horse, sea horse, ant-eater, ugly. Me telling them it is dragon based : "really ? doesn't look like". You really don't have to believe me, and I won't try to prove it to any of You guys. It's just all the ppl I know, or I play with just don't see that dragon theme in him.

ps. After seeing this creative dragon design I really hope DE will leave Typhus alone. It'd be such a shame if they applied their vision to him Q.Q

pps. Dissapointment as when You would like to get a crocodile, or aligator but you got gharial instead. Maybe it belongs to the family, but still not what You expected.

gawial.jpeg

Edited by tocorro

Not hatred, dissapointment :P The community "requested" a dragon frame (having in mind that bulky Rhino-ish one shown so frequently here). And excluding some, those that were requesting (are You by any chance one of those that wanted that fan made dragon ? I for one upvoted it a while ago, as I did with Typhus) this expected for it to look something like that fan concept. Or at least more dragon like. Be honest, most ppl have to carefully study it to even find the faint hints it's draconinc origin. I was talking with some ppl at work today, and with few ppl that I play with before that. Actually none of them saw dragon in him. It was : horse, see horse, ant-eater, ugly. Me telling them it is dragon based : "really ? doesn't look like". You really don't have to believe me, and I won't try to prove it to any of You guys. It's just all the ppl I know, or I play with just don't see that dragon theme in him.

ps. After seeing this creative dragon design I really hope DE will leave Typhus alone. It'd be such a shame if they applied their viosion to him Q.Q

pps. Dissapointment as when You would like to get a crocodila, or aligator but you got gharial instead. Maybe it belongs to the family, but still not what You expected.

gawial.jpeg

"After seeing this creative dragon design I really hope DE will leave Typhus alone. It'd be such a shame if they applied their vision to him Q.Q"I'm glad you're not in control no offense.

Edited by -Jack.Of.Blades-

You might catch a cold. ;(

It's ok. My rage will keep me warm.

Well, lets hope they listen to the very, very small part of community who hates this warframe's guts and make an alternate helmet that look like a dragon and not an infested seahorse-anteater.

"Small".

Edited by Takatashi

Not hatred, dissapointment :P The community "requested" a dragon frame (having in mind that bulky Rhino-ish one shown so frequently here).

Exactly. People requested a dragon-frame. DE announced a dragon-*themed* Warframe. Having something in mind at the point of an announcement is already bad to start with, as this opens the gate for wrong expectations.

Who is Typhus again?

Really ? The most requested fan concept warframe. 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/176524-warframe-concept-typhus-the-parasite-warframe-update-25012015/

Dragon was the second most wanted (yes that bulky one).

EDIT:

Zephyr was a fan concept too if U don't know.

They changed the gender and worked some of their magic, but at least the theme is still visible.

original Zephyr :

tumblr_muvfm4tHG21rbe8a5o1_1280.png

what was introduced :

ZephyrNewLook.png

Edited by tocorro

Really ? The most requested fan concept warframe. 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/176524-warframe-concept-typhus-the-parasite-warframe-update-25012015/

Dragon was the second most wanted (yes that bulky one).

EDIT:

Zephyr was a fan concept too if U don't know.

They changed the gender and worked some of their magic, but at least the theme is still visible.

original Zephyr :

tumblr_muvfm4tHG21rbe8a5o1_1280.png

what was introduced :

ZephyrNewLook.png

His designs don't feel Warframish. =/

And the dragon theme is still very obvious in Chroma.

Really, this should have been expected, given how much they changed the concept for Zephyr.

The entire concept feels more like "the next assassination-boss"... We had to shoot at a mutalist-Mesa, so why would Lotus allow Typhus to live and spread? (lol)

YEAH!

Plus I think it would be hard to put every single detail into the game. =/

And the dragon theme is still very obvious in Chroma.

Really, this should have been expected, given how much they changed the concept for Zephyr.

Expected... yeah that may be so. Still You see that theme, handfull of ppl see it. None of ppl I know see dragon in him. It's a matter of how U see things. Unchangeable ;] Neither You will make me see a dragon in him, nor I will persuade You that You actually don't like him.

As I said. I'm just dissapointed. I really wanted to have a cool dragon frame. In my eyes Chroma (for now - let's see if there will be a twist to him when he uses his powers) is not cool. And since this is dragon themed, we won't get another shot at it.

Edited by tocorro