Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

LOL! ^

you been living under a rock?,  or was you useing sarcasm? 

DE has incorporated multiple Warframe designs from community feedback, a least one weapon, tons of fixes, and modifications to weapons, powers, player made skins, enemies and more. Compare to most companies, yes, I would say DE listens and incorporates player feedback. Are there still great ideas and feedback that hasn't been addressed? Of course. 

Having said that, I still feel it is the creative qualities at DE that made such an alluring universe for us to play in, and the technical chops to deliver. I want to be wowed by something I never thought I would see, period. Not just things I never thought I would see in Warframe.

DE has incorporated multiple Warframe designs from community feedback, a least one weapon, tons of fixes, and modifications to weapons, powers, player made skins, enemies and more. Compare to most companies, yes, I would say DE listens and incorporates player feedback. Are there still great ideas and feedback that hasn't been addressed? Of course. 

Having said that, I still feel it is the creative qualities at DE that made such an alluring universe for us to play in, and the technical chops to deliver. I want to be wowed by something I never thought I would see, period. Not just things I never thought I would see in Warframe.

Wow, thats...actually a great point.

*looks under rock* huh

*looks under golden prime anti-matter orbs* Ahh there you are!

:3, prorply don;t make sense, but saw your Nova Prime so, thought meh

Forgive me, Im board. 

Answer the entire thread with a simply question. 

Why not? 

There's no reason to pick anything over the dragon, they probably let RNG decide for them what frame theme goes next. 

It doesn't matter. By the time this game advances like a year or two, we'll probably have ten, twenty more themes. It'll come. 

I agree just because you dislike the idea of this particular frame dose not mean you should be up and arms about it. Heck if theirs a Warframe for Guns, Top hats, and Dragons that means their is bound too be a frame you'll find more "Likeable".

I just hope its not stereotypical and its design is unique, nothing with wings and your typical tail......

Pretty sure DE made it clear that people have been asking for it

Uhh... 

I asked for Excalibur Prime. 

Dunno where DE got their stats from, but they obviously aren't reading them right. >_> 

In all seriousness, I've seen not a single thread asking for the dragon frame, nor have I really even thought of a Dragon frame. 

I've just been thinking about the said to be next primes and the update. *looks at watch, refreshes PS4's update downloads* 

I honestly don't understand why would DE create a Warframe based off dragons. There are several other themes that could have been explored, including time, space (perhaps that one has been done already with Limbo), earth/ground, and I bet there are quite a few great ones in the Fan Creations (Zephyr was originally Volkovyi's creation).

Of course I'm not here to say "absolutely NO" to a Dragon frame, seeing as I was exactly this perplexed when they announced the Gunslinger, then Mesa came out and I changed my mind just by seeing her in action. Hydroid wasn't half bad either: they described him as a Pirate frame and I was already about to facepalm in frustration, then I played him and I was happy to find out that at least he's fun to use. But it hasn't always been this way: poor Limbo still makes my mind collapse on itself whenever I try to understand why he even exists.

Tl;dr - this is not a particular hate thread, I'm just wondering why and how did the dragon theme take priority over other ideas which, in my opinion, could be long due a shot at making their way to the roster of available Warframes.

Inb4 it's the Mesa effect all over again and it becomes one of my favourites, but that'll have to wait until he's out.

What do you think?

This feels like BAIT!

I mean really...we could pick any theme and say "why THIS one?" because there are tons of good ideas to work with out there.

What makes one any better or worse than other? Personal interest in the idea is all that it really boils down to.

because in the end a theme is only as boring or as interesting as the specific implementation of it's design.

Unnecessary badgering of OP.

As for actually being on-topic... I welcome the frame as long as it plays in a unique way.  So far we have many frames where you only use 1 ability.  I like a frame like Oberon who can use all his abilities for any situation.

Uhh... 

I asked for Excalibur Prime. 

Dunno where DE got their stats from, but they obviously aren't reading them right. >_> 

In all seriousness, I've seen not a single thread asking for the dragon frame, nor have I really even thought of a Dragon frame. 

I've just been thinking about the said to be next primes and the update. *looks at watch, refreshes PS4's update downloads* 

You should look elsewhere than the GD section! Did you know we have a whole set of forums? Like a place specifically meant for people to share their desires for Warframe ideas?

For example, this thread. With over 70 entire pages of people discussing and expressing their desire for a Dragon Warframe since April 29th of 2013. Found in moments with a quick search.

I prefer when they give us some visual teasers too.

I agree. There's no harm in showing us a frame before release, all that does is build up hype. I understand the terrible marketing notion that they want to build hype, and or make it a surprise. But I believe it's always best to show concepts off early to test the waters first so they could consider any small changes.

Take Hydroid, a lot of people agree it was a terrible name, DE took an extra thought and digress. That's good, and it happened well before his release. They mentioned Limbo, people generally liked his name, boom went with it.

Things like abilities don't matter too much because there isn't much to critique until we actually play it ourselves, but things like names and visual looks we can talk about that as soon as the conception of the frame is made,

Quoting myself: 

Regarding the upcoming Warframe, it would be behind some weird wall made by DE(L), in which in the first week, players complain about it, then as the weeks go by, the complaints go down, and the forums go back to its usual flow, but with a few of those complaints popping up every now and then.