Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

Hmm.. not particulary excited but I also don't have any negative feelings about it. Mostly because i can't really imagine what it would look like or how it would even work.

It would have been cool to see a earth mage kinda guy, who can summon rocks and vines and S#&$s (kinda like earth benders from avatar and mokuton from naruto) since we already have all the other elements beeing fire (ember), water (hydroid), air (zephyr) and even electricity (volt) and poison (saryn) as a bonus. Or maybe a gas-type or sun-/light-/blood-/conjurer-/form changer-type warframe would have been interesting as well.

Dragon just seems kind of out of concept. Apart from the classical elements, we have frames that are based on particular effects and classes of other rpg-type games like dimension/space manipulation (limbo), tank (rhino), berserk-tank (valkyr), technician (vauban), healer (trinity), paladin (oberon), supporter (mag [and others]), hunter/rogue (ash), warrior (excalibur).

And this is also why I'm not particullary fond of mesa. It's just.. odd. I can deal with a gunslinger-type of class but she really doesn't feel like one. I kind of fear that it will be the same with this "dragon" frame.

I feel really stupid, because I don't see it xD

That was no help.

You guys serious?? It's like the 5th or 6th topic in the list with a huge SPOILERS and DATAMINE in the title!

Not sure if serious or trying to get me banned providing you the direct link under frustration!:D

tumblr_inline_myxpy5DwCR1r3j3ud.gif

Edited by siralextraffo

Not sure where to start. So I'll just start here.

The whole "Time" theme has been done to death on the concept forum. How many chronus/chrono concepts are there now? Are any even good? I certainly don't look a them any more.

Earth is a difficult concept to cover. I mean, it could be anything: the ground we walk on, rocks, natural themed, Captain Planet. Who knows? It isn't defined.

Granted, there are themes out there right now that are worth reading through, due to their originality (in terms of not being far too overused but at the same time not too obscure) and the way they can fit into the game. "Dragon" is one of them - the theme isn't remotely in the game yet, so it has it's place. That, and it's not an overcomplicated theme.

Finally, the Dragon theme is a popular idea: people in the community generally like the theme, and would like to see it more than most others.

I can see this "Dragon" frame being the beginning of counterpart-themed Archwings.

THAT concept would be a cosmetic temptation that would tip the scales for players on the fence about Archwing.

Are you listening, DE? ;)

I don't understand, counterpart themed archwing? How?

I am still hopelessly optimistic that the dragon-themed Warframe is created in a a Qing Dynasty-era armor/art style. I have always thought that Chinese paper and cloth armours, at least in terms of style, would look fantastic when applied to the Warframe aesthetic. Dragons are also a huge part of Chinese, Korean, and Indian culture. Overall, it appeals to the theme of "the weapons of the old ways" that the Orokin trained the Tenno in.

However, I suspect that the dragon-themed Warframe will take on the 'cooler' appearance of a samurai or a knight, especially with the placeholder name "Lancer." I honestly would have no problems with this, but I would like to think a lot of thought goes into the design of these Warframes beyond 'you know what would be awesome!?...' Dragons are so much more prevalent in other cultures than in Japanese or European, and I think having a Warframe based on cultures beyond the popular would be amazing.

I'm not even going to go into the fact that colour = energy effect with this Warframe. Auras and souls are also a huge part of ancient Southeast Asian cultures.

However, my faith has been renewed slightly thanks to the aesthetic of the new polearm that has been recently introduced, but I digress.

Edited by exaCel

A dragon without the ability to fly is a lizard. I think if we're going to be true to the name he better fly. And now that we have more open tilesets (Neptune Ice Planet) i think a nice Hover ability would be nice

That is closed minded. Not all dragons fly because not all dragons look the same. There are more serpentine dragons which don't fly and some which do fly. Then we have our western dragons which normally flies but it isn't a requirement. There are no set rules about dragons.

Will it have any flight ability like Zephyr's Tail Wind? Maybe something similar but shorter with a larger blast radius infused with whatever color-affected damage? I feel like this frame should have some sort of burst attack additionally useful for mobility whether it be airborne or grounded like Rhino or Excalibur's dash moves. I could see it being the second Tail Wind though, like how Rhino Charge is the second Slash Dash.

I just hope they give it a really creative name, so no Bahamut or Timat. Also I hope it's a girl.

Well, I hate to crush your secondary hope, but since the last non-prime frame was female, chances are that the dragon frame will be male.  Assuming DE sticks to their usual pattern.

It would be nice if they used the dragon frame to preview the raids and stuff on the stream tomorrow.