Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

I'm glad it doesn't look like a Dragon... One of the things I disliked about Mesa and Limbo especially is they looked like they belonged in another game. This frame looks uniquely Warframe.

THAT IS A VERY GOOD POINT!

"Awwww! Limbo looks like a magician! This is bullS#&$!"

"Awwwww! Mesa looks like a cowgirl! This is bullS#&$!"

"What the Hell! Chroma Doesn't look like a dragon???? THIS IS BULLS#&$!"

DE, stop trying to please these people. It'll never work for you.

Also, Wii, not trying to call you out on this - I'm just using your post as a catalyst. I'm with you 100% here (well, except for the dislike of Limbo and Mesa, I like them).

Edited by Morec0

It's the minki way of making every frame slightly odd pushed to the absolute max, he might look ok with an alt helm(I couldn't stand mirage with the default helm) but does it need to be so much like a melted candle? Often less is more when it comes to warframe, nyx is very simple, she is basically female Excaliburs but she still looks great. Frost is a good example of a large frame with very simple design, it would go a long way if they toned it down a little but kept the same shape.

I really don't know how your art team came up with THAT design for a "dragon" frame. (Talking about chroma here ofc.)

Now, I was fine with zephyr and I'm even fine with limbo. Their aesthetics actually represent what they are. 

Chroma however......Lets be honest it looks like a seahorse and an anteater had a child and then dropped it several times. IMO it looks terrible.

Now I know people are gonna just call me "yet another hater of new frames" but I tell you now that I have liked most of the new frames.

That thing however is just inexcusable, it looks nothing like a dragon. It looks more like an ancient infested. 

You can do better than that DE, much better.

The dragon Warframe was supposed to look and feel like a dragon, or rather what people perceive to be a dragon. I love dragons in any medium, but the current design does not seem to reflect anything draconic, Asian or otherwise. I like the energy color to element concept, but the appearance does not work. A proper draconic design together with a future dragon-wing style Archwing would have been perfect.

Right now, Chroma looks like an infested anteater.

You should really get fan-input on these things. If you have more than one possible design in mind, let the community vote for their favorite. You can still have a big reveal at a live event, if you don't announce the result of said vote until then.

Edited by Sunfax

I don't much like the head or the backpack, but I'm withholding major judgement til skills and alt helm.

I like his appearance a LOT more than most of the newer frames made, he has that more organic look, even if goes a bit overboard with it. Glad to see DE listened to some of what community said about the newer frames, or coincidentally went in that direction.

The alternate helm is probably going to be more traditional. It reminds me of the fire/ice dragon from Monster Hunter actually. 

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Agnaktor

I'm always up for something wacky and at least it is original. What really matters most is the powers it has. They said it was a support frame so I'm really interested to know what the powers actually are outside of a generic fire breath probably being it's #1.