Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

well I just won't say anything bad about it, but I hope this is a early concept art, if not I going back to hunting for nekros and frost prime.

Does it look like an early concept? This is what it's going to look like.

Job opening at DE because who ever created that needs to be canned immediately 

QFT

Watch out, though. Mods might consider this "dev bashing".

We all know they are not going to redesign him

This. Which is why I wanted everyone to see, at the very least, the concept of the warframe before U16 comes around the corner so we can criticize and see if it is something we'll enjoy. Now we're pretty much stuck with it. 

Not sure how I feel about it myself to be honest. Still can't decide if I like it or not.

IMO people are acting too rash on the situation on the fact that we are putting down the dragon frame simply on its looks when really we only had ourselves to blame. we already knew that warframe had a unique standpoint when it came through themes and thats why most of us like its aesthetics because it astrayed from generic. the community as a whole hyped themselves so much that they were bound to be dissapointed while i was just satisfied. im not here to say "think like me" i dont want to be the narcissist here but it helps when it comes through with reveals and real criticism. an example would be vauban for he was considered "train face" or a "clown" but the moment his abilities were put into the players hands, his look became more permissive than first impressions

not really surprised based on the design of the last few frames...

the older frames look so much better the kinda bio mechanical suit theme they had worked so well

newer frames just look like a human wearing a goofy costume old frames looked like the suit was mechanically linked to thier bodies

overall i am dissappointed

Yeah, I was hoping for more of a smooth biomechanical design like ember for example, this looks too fleshy and at the first glance I thought it was gonna be the new sentient enemy.

Edited by Qynchou

First Impression was : He looks like a red Seahorse.

Second impression: He looks like a mix of Ash, Nekros, and Oberon.

Third Impression: He looks like the sniper head Lephantis 

Lephantis.jpg

nonetheless, I like his design. It's like a reminder of what the Tennocyte virus could do.

Edited by BloodCarnival

I know a lot of people wanted an infested frame...... But why in the seven hells did you have to ruin the Dragon theme with it, DE? With this Melted... Infested... Anteater. -.-

My hype went from 100 to 1 flat. I have never felt so disinterested in something i so dearly wanted.

We can definietly see the infected influence on this one, wich is not a problem in my opinion. But I pretty much see an ancient when I look at Chroma.

That being said it's just a picture, looking forward to see him in action.

People want the frame to resemble the dragon more.

In the other thread everyone's been complaining about how every new frame has a distinctly defined theme as opposed to "guess what the feck I am" organic kinda shapes and forms.

*an organic, disfigured frame comes out*

*complain more*

Make up your mind ffs.

We have other animal-themed frames. It wouldn't have killed them to make it look like an actual dragon. I wasn't terribly fond of the fan concept for a dragon frame, but I'd rather have that than this monstrocity.

This is the eastern style of a dragon...not every dragon looks like a western one. Anyways, likely chance is that they never will actually change it's design even if you or others do complain (it's just how DE is). So you should just try to get used to it since it will probably be around for a long while.

...but I can see where you are coming from cause it is a little ugly.

The alternate helm is probably going to be more traditional. It reminds me of the fire/ice dragon from Monster Hunter actually. 

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Agnaktor

I'm always up for something wacky and at least it is original. What really matters most is the powers it has. They said it was a support frame so I'm really interested to know what the powers actually are outside of a generic fire breath probably being it's #1. 

Honestly I actually agree with that comparison (To Agnaktor), I was wondering why the shape of his "mouth" looked so familiar.

Edited by Basilisk1991