Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

I don't see anything wrong with Zephyr.. But that's just me i guess..

I see nothing wrong with Zephyr either. I know this is off topic but I stated this in another thread about warframe appearances:

Not sure what's with all the Zephyr hate. The design is incredibly simple: armored avian. The "armor" on her backside is obviously bird plummage. Long codpiece is basically the same style as Volt/Rhino's (Zephyr's the only female warframe with a codpiece. Perhaps that's what's throwing people off?). Chestpiece is obviously an armored "chestplate". Same goes for the shoulders. Her limbs are pretty obviously avian-centered, as well as her default helm.

Long story short, I think she looks perfectly fine. Her aesthetic fits her ability, and that's exactly what Mynki (The guy that designs the warframes) has stated multiple times that he strives for.

Anyway as for Chroma, he looks like a damned dragon. That's what they said he was going to be and you all should know by now that Warframe/DE/Mynki's aesthetic choices are very unique - in a good way. However they're also not the "typical" aesthetic choices you see in most media/games. This is why people either love the look of the warframes or hate them. I for one, like how this one looks.

\/ Images of the Dragon frame \/

f80cb68152.jpg

b1b988d5b2.jpg

33af72da09.jpg

You know, I have to say, other than the helmet, I don't think the frame looks bad.

With that said, I'll likely be buying the alt helm upon my acquisition of this frame, if that doesn't look bad as well. Good thing I have 77 plat on my account right now.

And on a side note, although I main Oberon, I do have to agree with most of the community, I don't particularly prefer the 'slender' look that a lot of the male frames take on. I prefer the aesthetic that is similar to Frost over that of Oberon(except Oberon is just so dang cool being a paladin and all, plus he doesn't look bad).

Why are people complaining out it being ugly? I'm more interested in the abilities it has and what this thing can do. Also I think they went for more of a fearsome beast that's gonna burn you alive and something not so elegant and beautiful.

I know hype is bad, but Jesus Christ DE. I might literally explode. 

Just don't. Stay calm. Rember the various new additions to Warframe in the past. Now imagine how these comming additions might turn out when they are introduced, based on those past additions.

Try to stay reasonable. Be excited. Look forward to them. But don't get hyped. They will come, but they might not be as great as you think of them now.

Everyone got hyped at Archwing when it was announced during the last Tenno live. Now look at what the general reaction to it is now.

If you don't get hyped, it won't be as dissapointing, but it might still be nice.

really wish newer frames would go back to the older look

i want a frame to look like a suit of armor (mechanical/tech elements)

its fine to have organic elements but the newer frame are either blobs of infested flesh or just a cloth outfit on a human

bring back the biomechanical look!

2zj9504.jpg

That's not a warframe. That's a guy in some armor from a whole other game with totally different artists, graphics, and aesthetics. In fact, most people in that game in particular don't like that armor's look for that character because it's far too heavy for a character that's supposed to be quick on his feet.

This frame literally had some of the best concept art that I've ever seen, the end result is a total let down that doesn't even resemble a dragon in the slightest.

This frame literally had some of the best concept art that I've ever seen, the end result is a total let down that doesn't even resemble a dragon in the slightest.

Are you trying to start a chant or something?

Edited by Reidmaster

From the little I've seen of Chroma, I must say that it's... weird. Like, really weird.

But it's a good thing, in my opinion. It's great that DE took a chance to come up with an apparently crazy design. They're taking chances, let's not punish them for it.

Edited by KennPhoton2014