Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

i was actually hyped by the new frame, they talked about making the frame the core of the reveals again, but this, at least what we saw i didnt like it

i dont like any of the last 4 frames created, i just hope it attracts people into the game (y)

also, they said it was very ambitious, so lets see his mechanics

Edited by rockscl

O WTH

I just saw the chroma fan art and I am now depressed from his artwork, he looks more infested than even tenno.

WHY DE WHY!?!??! THIS IS A UNIVERSAL FRAME! Dragons have existed throughout all cultures as a god, a serpent, a beast, a hero, a warrior, but why this BIRD F**KIN MUTANT SH!T!?!??!

I'm sorry...

My ancestry comes from asian descent, and for dragons, its  big deal, you know, dragon dance and that stuff, DE I am sorry, maybe my expectations for this hype was too much.

Back to using loki and ash again :C

Shallowness with fellow human beings is one thing, they can't completely reconfigure their face to be appealing. Video games are different.

It follows the same principle. You know next to nothing about the frame but have already began putting it down. It's the anteater frame people will make fun off?

Loki must then be the hammerhead frame and Trinity must be the Lobster frame.

Just because it's a video game doesn't free it from real life. People who hate the dragon frame look harp on about how it's extremely weird and looks nothing like a dragon yet will not criticize older frames from not looking anything like their theme.

Your argument would be valid IF CHROMA EVEN REMOTELY LOOKED LIKE A DRAGON THEMED FRAME. Chroma looks nothing like any dragon I have seen from any culture across the world! It doesn't even look like a combination of them!

DE made one mistake here in my opinion: marketing this as a pure "dragon frame". I am certain that it was inspired by dragons, however, and not just visually. The problem is that they needed to consider cutural biases and needed to not use the shreds of inspiration they were getting in the beginning as market fodder.

@op

There is unique and there is completely out of the theme. That thing is the latter.

It would have been fine if they released it as an infested warframe, but as a "dragon" themed ? No way.

I wasn't even hyped for the dragon frame, thinking it would be another mesa or limbo with scales, but i'd rather take that over what we got with the spghetti ancient.

DE made one mistake here in my opinion: marketing this as a pure "dragon frame". I am certain that it was inspired by dragons, however, and not just visually. The problem is that they needed to consider cutural biases and needed to not use the shreds of inspiration they were getting in the beginning as market fodder.

There is NOTHING dragonish about that frame. From any culture! 

but who are we to say what a dragon looks like in the Warframe world, as many diffrent interpretations of dragons as there are,many looking very diffrent from oneanother, it is imposible to say something does or doesn't look like a dragon. The Artist is the one who decides what his (personal) dragon looks like.

I was thinking of an archaic type frame such as the bone armour from Skyrim. However this frame does look pretty cool, and it follows some of the old frames in originality, he even has crotch piece (that isn't compensating), an essential for any good frame. It even bends to meet the recent demands of "don't give it clothes, and don't make it obvious".

Though I do wonder what is on it's back? In one scene we see a back pack and in another we see a tail (could be synada).

ruXozXO.png

b1b988d5b2.jpg

Honestly this Chroma is original and looks bad! which fits with warframe.

f80cb68152.jpg

Edited by Postal_pat

Sure, go outside the cliche and make something unique, but it doesn't mean it looks "good".  Don't call it dragon, talk about designing the powers with different culture's dragon in mind, then reveal something that doesn't look anything like a dragon.  Let's not forget dragons are very similar to real animals.  And THAT's the problem.  A head like that can be dozens of animals, the hunch back statue, again, many things.  You have to show why it is a dragon and not an ant eater, because that's what it looks to me.  If an ant eater can walk up right, then this is what it looks like.  All I get out of this is that they are trying to hard.