Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Morec0

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Needs some more Jazz, such as this image below. You take this dragon armor and you then twist it to fit warframe. there ya go :)

2zj9504.jpg

Looks like Shredder... the weird Bay one anyway

I like Chroma's design. It reflects something organic and efficient, and much less fancy or ordeal. I don't think everything has to be fancy. I think it looks cool.

You miss the point. 

It was supposed to be a dragon frame. It does not look like a dragon frame.

Even if Chroma had the best stats in the game he'd always be the 'anteater' warframe, the weird looking one that people make fun of in-game.

How come he'll always be the anteater frame when every frame in recent memory has been released along with an alt helm?

People always choose to forget Mirage's default helm and pretend Harlequin is her real one.

who are we to say what a dragon looks like in the Warframe world, as many diffrent interpretations of dragons as there are,many looking very diffrent from oneanother, it is imposible to say something does or doesn't look like a dragon. The Artist is the one who decides what his (personal) dragon looks like.

Not Kingdra? I thought Chroma looked more like a seahorse.

The fire shown in the reveal reminded me more of Heatmor :P But Kingdra is pretty good version of Chroma 

From what i saw of it , it has a very Chinese or Japanese style mix with a humanoid form. Witch is very dragon-like, the helmet makes me think Asian Dragon, so i'm fine with the design i'm more worried about the powers and how they will look.

What kind of drugs are you on!?

I think people knee-jerked their reaction to the frame rather harshly. I've come to realize that when faced with any form of art, it takes a while to analyze and appreciate the work for what it is. I got a better opinion of the frame after thinking and looking at it for a few minutes rather from my initial reaction.

but who are we to say what a dragon looks like in the Warframe world, as many diffrent interpretations of dragons as there are,many looking very diffrent from oneanother, it is imposible to say something does or doesn't look like a dragon. The Artist is the one who decides what his (personal) dragon looks like.

Well for that matter, who are we to say what a human is?  Who are we to say what a "ninja" is in the Warframe world?  That's a terrible argument.

You heard the description from Scott and Steve during Tenno Live.  They wanted to take certain aspects from every "dragon" across multiple cultures.  It isn't impossible to understand that no matter what the culture, the "dragon" is seen as reptilian in nature and physique yet in some cultures it is intelligent.

This "Chroma" looks more like an infested frame than anything else.

I mean, MUTALIST DRAGON WITH A HORN ON HIS DAMNED FORHEAD! I mean, like, it's just awesome to me. It's beautiful, also, I have too much hype inside me, how do I make less hype?

SL3rJ7C.png

No but seriously, he actually looks pretty cool. if the looks of one warframe(OUT OF 30) turn you off then thats on you. we havnt seen much of him in action so its hard to tell for sure how he will pan out. im sure he will have an amazing alt helm too. 

People hates on every design that is revealed. You either get used to it or end up liking it. Nova was dissed on a lot and she is still a crowd favorite.

I also like it. I'm not in love with it (I'm not an aesthetic person so that's not a slight), but it provides a contrast to the themed frames like Limbo or Hydroid. I think in many ways its similar to the older frames.

SL3rJ7C.png

No but seriously, he actually looks pretty cool. if the looks of one warframe(OUT OF 30) turn you off then thats on you. we havnt seen much of him in action so its hard to tell for sure how he will pan out. im sure he will have an amazing alt helm too. 

10/10 Pokemon reference.

Also like Chroma they were based on sea horse which are called Dragons of the sea.

What was the problem with Mesa, Hydroid, and Limbo? IMO the reason these designs are so loathed is because they are too obvious in there presentation. While older frames are often vague and subtle in their influences, Limbo will always look like a guy in a tux+tophat no matter how you look at him.

Similarly, I think Chroma would have been just as disappointed, if he was obviously a dragon. I like that they took the "looser" approach to his inspiration, just like older frames.

Is he totally badass looking? Maybe not, but neither is Vauban. Warframe's designs are often quirky, and the sort of thing you grow to love.

pls

1X0wW6s.png

my issue with this design has always been that it looked like a reskined and edited rhino, and I told myself I would be thankful for whatever DE  did as long as it wasn't that