The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nerfing Nova For The Sake Of Challenging Missions.

Archaic_

Nerfing the Tenno Devastates the Tenno.  Which is not what The Core of Warframe is supposed to be.  The Warframes are supposed to Devastate Massive Armies.  This thread is misguided.

Players who run 60+ minute survivals, against Massive Armies, report inflicting greater Devastation on Massive Armies with Warframes other than Nova.  Nova should be able to Devastate Massive Armies like the other Warframes do, running 60+ Minute Survival, where DE has hidden the Massive Armies.  Nova needs to be buffed.  She needs to be unnerfed.

See, this is Warframe, not what this thread proposes:

If this thread were serious about challenge, it would propose challenges.  It would talk about The Boss Battles and Desperate Scenarios that Warframe is supposed to have in addition to the The Core of Devastating Massive Armies.  But this thread doesn't do that because it's misguided by concepts that do not apply to Warframe, but apply to Gears of War instead.

The only thing devastating Tenno is the amount of boredom from nova trivializing content

As ive said before, Nova was buffed tremendously with her 4 and needs to be brought in line with other frames

This doesnt mean she wont have the ability to kill enemies effectively

It means shell be rebalanced to fit more with other frames by comaprison

Game balance cant simply be ignored

Also your example is 2 years old and more than outdated

This thread ignores game balance.  Here is the proof:

Warframe: Developer Q&A , Answer to Question 4:

The core is the 4 guys against a massive army.  And, generally speaking, they are devastating. The core is not something like in Gears of War where the one on one is something a bit more balanced.  One Space Ninja against a whole ship of Grineer is the idea.  But, that needs to be balanced by boss battles, and by like desperate scenarios.  But, generally speaking, the whole idea of it, even an old ninja (right?) is that the untrained militia get devastated by a single one.

Warframe is not Gears of war.

You guess to nerf one WF is a solution? If you want to get difficulty try without Nova instead of ask a nerf which isn't a solution. Why there always are people crying "nerfs, nerfs, nerfs, uhhhhh this WF is so OP". Otherwise leave the game for another one..

Thats not a solution

Thats unfair

Gimping yourself

And admitting that Nova is overpowered

Also there ar far more buff threads than nerf. That doesn't mean things dont need to be nerfed or reworked

This thread ignores game balance.  Here is the proof:

Warframe is not Gears of war.

Again that doesnt mean anything

it means that the game is balanced around 1 VS many

One of the ones isnt balanced with the other ones

You have no point

Edited by Azawarau

Incidentally, taking a dismisive attitude and saying that the original intent of Warframe that DE advertised (at up to $200+ dollars to the founders no less) is meaningless or old really speaks to the lack of Quality that is being proposed in this thread to justify nerfs.  Quality lasts more than 2 years.

Edited by ThePresident777

Incidentally, taking a dismisive attitude and saying that the original intent of Warframe that DE advertised (at up to $200+ dollars to the founders no less) is meaningless or old really speaks to the lack of Quality that is being proposed in this thread to justify nerfs.  Quality lasts more than 2 years.

Again irrelevant

Youre trying to appeal to emotion instead of making an actual point

By comparison Novas ult makes her too powerful compared to other frames

75% slow rate is too high long with everything else she does

Noone wants Nova to be unable to do what she does

They just want it toned down to line up with other frames

Thats not a solution

Thats unfair

Gimping yourself

And admitting that Nova is overpowered

Also there ar far more buff threads than nerf. That doesn't mean things dont need to be nerfed or reworked

Nice job and u think a nerf will resolve things? Nova is powerful sure and? Do u want to speak about Valkyr? Stop it plz. Need to buff somes (here I don't speak about Nova) at leat rebalance them BUT DE doesn't need to nerf her.... U loose ur mind dude. She's powerful but look her armor... she's so weak!

Edited by CGs_Knackie

Nice job and u think a nerf will resolve things? Nova is powerful sure and? Do u want to speak about Valkyr? Stop it plz. Need to buff somes (here I don't speak about Nova) at leat rebalance them but any case DE have to nerf her.... U loose ur mind dude. She's powerful but look her armor... she's so weak!

What does valkyr have to do with anything?

Im not sure if youve noticed but Nova Prime has the same shields as trinity with more armor

Considering she comes loaded with up to 75% DR for 82 meters i wouldnt exactly call her soft

You cant just ignore damage mitigation like that

Unless you want to say that trinity, Who can outtank Rhino, isnt tanky

What does valkyr have to do with anything?

Im not sure if youve noticed but Nova Prime has the same shields as trinity with more armor

Considering she comes loaded with up to 75% DR for 82 meters i wouldnt exactly call her soft

You cant just ignore damage mitigation like that

Unless you want to say that trinity, Who can outtank Rhino, isnt tanky

I agree with u about dmg and crowd control from Nova so rebalance her YES, nerf her NO. ;)

Moving the goal posts: claim nerf Nova because she is supposedly an outlier then when Valkyr is brought up for comparison, ignore Valkyr and compare Nova Prime to Trinity. 

Let's keep in mind that Mprime benefits the entire party, so it's no use comparing Nova to the rest of the team, they all benefit.  Nerfing Mprime nerfs the entire Tenno team, the team which according to DE is supposed to Devastate a Massive Army.

This really needs to be stressed because even DE seems to have forgotten about it.:

Warframe: Developer Q&A , Answer to Question 4:

The core is the 4 guys against a massive army.  And, generally speaking, they are devastating. The core is not something like in Gears of War where the one on one is something a bit more balanced.  One Space Ninja against a whole ship of Grineer is the idea.  But, that needs to be balanced by boss battles, and by like desperate scenarios.  But, generally speaking, the whole idea of it, even an old ninja (right?) is that the untrained militia get devastated by a single one.

The Core of Warframe is 4 Tenno Devastate a Massive Army and this thread is arguing for the devastation of Warframe's Core.

I agree with u about dmg and crowd control from Nova so rebalance her YES, nerf her NO. ;)

Thats what ive been saying the whole time

Its mostly MR on repeat below thats been screaming nerf this and nerf that

Moving the goal posts: claim nerf Nova because she is supposedly an outlier then when Valkyr is brought up for comparison, ignore Valkyr and compare Nova Prime to Trinity. 

Let's keep in mind that Mprime benefits the entire party, so it's no use comparing Nova to the rest of the team, they all benefit.  Nerfing Mprime nerfs the entire Tenno team, the team which according to DE is supposed to Devastate a Massive Army.

This really needs to be stressed because even DE seems to have forgotten about it.:

The Core of Warframe is 4 Tenno Devastate a Massive Army and this thread is arguing for the devastation of Warframe's Core.

OIk now your job is top prove how Valkyr is an outlier in terms of power

Im going to ignore that you said M prime helps the entire party because that helps my point with Valkyr way more than id care to admit at this point

Im also going to ignore your assumptions that a change to Nova means she wont devastate a massive army because thats just using FUD to make a point. Speaking of points, do you have one?

And the last part again is irrelevant as is your quote

That explains a lot haha!

Im not sure where this is going but OK

you can keep repeating that strawman mate, the thread is actually about nerfing one spell. 'nerf' does not mean something is made underpowered or useless, and nova'd beat up grineers just fine with a reduction in power of mp

waving around that quote as if nerfing mp'd make it hard for nova to beat a single butcher is nonsense

also the hell are people equating 'nerf' to 'reduce fun', that's not what nerfing is

you can keep repeating that strawman mate, the thread is actually about nerfing one spell. 'nerf' does not mean something is made underpowered or useless, and nova'd beat up grineers just fine with a reduction in power of mp

waving around that quote as if nerfing mp'd make it hard for nova to beat a single butcher is nonsense

also the hell are people equating 'nerf' to 'reduce fun', that's not what nerfing is

LjgV4mr.gif

Ember players for the last 2 years want a word.

Sure they might spend days working on the balance, finding the perfect medium where its ever so slightly weaker but not so much as to ruin the class for people who currently main the Nova. More realistically tho they will shatter the ability into a useless pile of filth, Nerfing implies something is being depowered or reduced in utility. Fun is something you have while enjoying something you love. Something you love getting damaged is not fun.

Nerfing is always reducing peoples fun. Re-Balancing on the other hand can lead to more utility or fun in ways that don't break the challenge of the games content or the theme of the original object (IF DONE CORRECTLY) otherwise all that ends up happening is you get a frame that is only fun to people who didn't have a chance to play it beforehand or hardcore lovers of that frame. Furthermore.

Stop trying to nerf things that don't need a nerf. if you want a challenging mission make the mission challenging yourself. INFACT they are adding difficulty sliders to the game soon, so maybe when that happens everyone can adjust missions to their own difficulty level, honestly if you want a challenge now do stuff like t4 survivals up to 2 hours ect.

Edited by TypeSaber

Ember players for the last 2 years want a word.

I've been Ember main since U9 and I'm not sure if I get this comment. 

Like, reducing MP's effectiveness is supposed to be parallel to removing Overheat? If that's the case I'd say yes to "nerfing" Nova, because I rarely, if ever, used Overheat. Ember's nigh-impossible squishiness was mainly due to Accelerant bug; while I understand some people's fear that DE might neglect a crippling bug that'll leave Nova difficult to play (because let's fact it, it took them well over a year to fix Accelerant) I don't see tweaking MP as that major or negative of a change. 

Edited by traybong111

Funny how people reacts when someone attempts to remove their easy mode. Anyways, I agree with OP, +1 there.

Yeah! So true Op +1 for me too; however, if they don't want change. They should be a type of "bad guy" that can health their friends and also be able to remove Prime or other tenno abilities from the bad guys. This will make it more challenge because now there will be a priority in killing that enemy and also will always stay behind lines. 

Easy mode. Hard mode. Does it really matter? Its the same thing as when nerfing the other frames in the past. You really reach next to nothing with it. People are really looking for end game where there is none. So what is the reaction? Nerf the op stuff so it becomes harder. But does that really create End game? Because to me that is just the wrong way of looking at it.

Your tendency to get locked into battles to the death with other posters (that you usually actually agree with,) for starters.

If i agreed with them then there wouldnt be an issue in the first place

Alphahorsemen or whatever his name is and Ronyn are perfect examples of that

Whether we agree ona broad idea or not doesnt matter if the details are too far apart

In alphas case hes entirely against nerfs of any kind which is unreasonable for obvious reasons. His reasoning for everything is ludicrous, subjective, biased, or a mix of all 3

Ronyn argues semantics far too much. I had to ignore that he likes to define everything a certain way just to find anything with him.

For example the definition of passive tank as a tank that doesnt attract aggro or mitigate damage for a team directly. we argue that in PMs for a good page.

Then there are people who mostly stay on the outside and judge you with their hands folded or are too cynical to really care

I dont care for either opinion. If theyve given up or arent interested in trying then they dont really have a say in anything

If you treat details like that like therye unimportant then youre just ignoring issues that will pop up in the future

Its alot of what i as trying to get to with Ronyn who very often said it was better that we stopped while is aid we either finish this now or it finds itself starting over in another thread. And now weve finished it

So unless anyone plans to do the same with me theyre better off wasting time elsewhere